download PDF

Abstract

Research of rolling mill operation in different modes is usually executed using mathematical model of electric drives and a rolling strip. In this case, it is hard or sometimes impossible to take into account some factors, which influence metal processing processes. The authors of this paper offer to develop physical models of electric drives of a rolling mill and a coiler and a mathematical model of the rolling strip to study the processes of strip coiling on the coiling drum. Application of this virtual model of a rolling mill allows online execution of rolling mill operation study, investigation of physical processes, which take place in the mill during different modes, impact evaluation of regulation parameters in speed, moment, tension regulation systems on the mill processes. Making use of this model in the educational process will contribute to deeper understanding of real properties of a rolling mill.

Keywords

Electric drives, rolling mill, coiler, modelling, tension regulation systems, laboratory installation.

Valery V. Shokhin

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of automatic electric drive and mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Andrey I. Andreev

Graduate student, Department of automated electric drive and mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Polina S. Morkovina

Graduate student, Department of automated electric drive and mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Radionov A.A., Omelchenko E.Y., Linkov S.A., Shokhin V.V. Uchebnye laboratornye stendy kafedry avtomatizirovannogo elektroprivoda i mekhatronoki MGTU im. G.I. Nosova [Learning laboratory benches of the Department of Automated electric drive and mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk state technical university] // Proceedings of the fifteenth international scientific and technical conference "AC Drives", 12–16 March 2012. Ekaterinburg: FGAOU VPO "Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin", 2012, pp. 309–310. (In Russian)

2. Karandaev A.S., Khramshin V.R., Andryushin I.Yu., Shi-lyaev, Golovin V.V. Mathematical modeling of interrelated electrical systems of interstand gap of wide strip hot rolling mill. Izvestiya vuzov. Elektromekhanika [Proceedings of uni-versities. Electrical engineering]. 2009, no.1, pp. 12–20. (In Russian)

3. Karandaev A.S., Khramshin V.R., Galkin V.V., Lukin A.A. [Mathematical modeling of thyristor electric drive with a flipper. Izvestiya vuzov. Elektromekhanika [Proceedings of universities. Electrical engineering]. 2010, no. 3, pp. 47–53. (In Russian)

4. Khramshin V.R., Andryushin I.Yu., Gostev A.N., Karandaev A.S. Mathematical model of interrelated electrical systems of continuous train of wide strip rolling mill. Mashinostroenie [Machine building]: network electronic scientific journal, 2013, no.1, pp. 12–21. (In Russian)

5. Khramshin V.R., Radionov A.A., Kornilov G.P., Odintsov K.E. Improvement of electric and mechanical system for automated strip tension control at continuous wide-strip hot-rolling mill. Procedia Engineering. 2016, vol. 150, pp. 11–17.

6. Khramshin V.R. Ways to compensate for static deviations in speed in electric drives of broad-strip hot rolling-mill stands. Russian Electrical Engineering. 2013, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 221–227.

7. Shilyaev P.V., Andryushin I.Yu., Golovin V.V., Radionov A.A., Karandaev A.S., Khramshin V.R. Algorithms of a digital automatic system for tension and loop control in a wide-strip hot-rolling mill. Russian Electrical Engineering. 2013, vol. 84, no. 10, pp. 533–541.

8. Sokolovski G.G. Elektroprivody peremennogo toka s chastotnym regulirovaniem [AC Frequency Control Electric Drives: textbook for higher schools], Academia publishing center, Moscow, 2007, 272 p. (In Russian)

9. Terekhov V.M., Osipov O.I. Sistemy upravleniya el-ektroprivodov [Control System of Electric Drives: textbook for higher schools], Academia publishing center, Moscow, 2006, 304 p.

10. Morozow D.P. About the Theory of Electric and Mechanical Process of Cold-Rolling Mills. Bulletin of Electrotechnical Industry, 1944, no. 3, pp.16–19. (In Russian)

11. Druzhinin N.N. Nepreryvnye stany kak obyekt avtomatizatsii [Continuous mills as an Automation Object]. Moscow: Met-allurgy, 1975, 336 p. (In Russian)

12. Chernykh I.V. Modelirovanie elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroistv v MATLAB, SimPowerSystem i Simulink [Modeling electric devices in MATLAB, SimPowerSystem and Simulink]. DMK Press, Moscow, 2008, 288 p. (In Russian)

13. Shokhin V.V., Permyakova O.V. Issledovanie silovogo vzai-modeystviya elektroprivodov nepreryvnogo prokatnogo stana [Investigation of the force interaction of electric drives of the continuous rolling mill]. Proceedings of the VIIIth International (XIX th nationwide) conference on automated electric drive of AEP-2014: 2 v. Saransk: Publishing house Mordov. University press, 2014, vol. 2, pp. 342–347. (In Russian)

14. Shokhin V.V., Permyakova O.V. The study of continuous rolling mill inter-stand tension inferential control systems Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Magnito-gorsk, Russia. Peer-review under responsibility of the organ-izing committee of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering (ICIE-2015). Procedia Engineering 129 (2015) pp. 231–238.

15. Shokhin V.V., Permyakova O.V., Korotkova E.V. Modeliro-vanie vzaimosvyazannogo chastotno-reguliruemogo elektro-privoda prokatnogo stana [Modeling of interconnected vari-able-frequency electric drives of the rolling mill]. Electrical systems and complexes: the international meeting of scientific papers, Vol. 21. Magnitogorsk: Publishing center of Nosov State Technical University, 2013, pp. 70–75.