Abstract

Full Text

The study is devoted to the issues of assessing the frequency characteristics of pulse-width DC/DC converters, namely the input and output operator resistances. Currently, secondary power supply systems are complex multi-module systems, where the urgent task is to ensure the structural stability. This is only possible if there is comprehensive information about the input and output resistance of each module. The stability of such systems is determined based on the ratio of the output and input resistances of cascaded modules. The article is concerned with DC/DC converters based on a boost converter with a control system based on time-delayed feedback control, which can operate as part of complex power supply systems. A modified structure of a nonlinear process control unit is proposed, implemented using analog components. A small-signal electrical model of the converter under consideration is presented. Analytical expressions for the input and output operator resistances are obtained, allowing them to be analyzed in the frequency area. The boundaries of the existence regions of the desired converter operating modes in the space of the two regulator parameters are constructed and it is shown that a situation is possible when, in a certain region of parameters, a linearized model shows the instability of the system, and a nonlinear dynamic model appears in the same region the existence and stability of the desired dynamic mode. The analysis of the frequency characteristics of the input and output resistances of the converter has been carried out and it has been shown that the introduction of a control unit for nonlinear processes based on time-delayed feedback control leads to the transformation of the frequency dependences of the module and the phase of the input and output resistances, which can significantly affect the power supply system in which the work operates. It is shown that the frequency dependences of the resistances undergo the greatest transformation in the mid-frequency region. The phase of resistance changes significantly. In the high and low frequency regions, the influence of delayed feedback is not detected. The proposed analytical expressions are universal in nature and can be adapted for a wide class of DC/DC converters.

Keywords

power supply system, boost converter, pulse width modulation, stability, operator resistance, frequency characteristics, point mapping method, small signal model, nonlinear dynamic model, desired dynamic mode

Aleksey I. Andriyanov D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Electronic, Radioelectronic and Electrical Engineering Systems, Bryansk State Technical University, Bryansk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4083-040X

1. Severns R., Bloom G. Impulsnye preobrazovateli postoyannogo napryazheniya dlya system vtorichnogo elektropitaniya [Switching DC voltage converters for secondary power supply systems]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1988. 294 p. (In Russian)

2. Belov G.A. Teoriya impulsnykh preobrazovateley [Pulse converter theory]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State University Publ., 2016. 330 p. (In Russian)

3. Tatuyko P.S. Mathematical description of resonance voltage converter with series LC resonance circuit. Avtomatizatsiya i Modelirovanie v Proektirovanii i Upravlenii [Automation and Modelling in Design and Management], 2022, no. 1(15), pp. 73-79. doi: 10.30987/2658-6436-2022-1-73-79 (In Russian)

4. Baushev V.S., Zhusubaliyev Zh.T. On the non-deterministic modes of operation of the voltage stabilizer with pulse-width regulation. Elektrichestvo [Elektrichestvo], 1992, no. 8, pp. 47-53. (In Russian)

5. Zhusubaliyev Zh.T., Mosekilde E. Bifurcations and chaos in piecewise-smooth dynamical systems. Singapore, World Scientific Pub Co Inc., 2003. 376 p. doi: 10.1142/5313

6. Mikhalchenko S.G., Borodin K.V. Dynamic modes of functioning of the voltage converter with pulse-frequency modulation. Doklady Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta system upravleniya i radioelektroniki [Proceedings of TUSUR University], 2012, no. 1-1(25), pp. 278-287. (In Russian)

7. Andriyanov A.I. Razvitie teorii upravleniya nelinejnymi dinamicheskimi protsessami impulsnyh system elektropitaniya. Doct. Diss. [Development of the theory of control of nonlinear dynamic processes of impulse power supply systems. D.Sc. Diss.]. Bryansk, 2022, 515 p.

8. Batlle C., Apljicada D. de M. Time-delay stabilization of the buck converter. 1st International Conference, Control of Oscillations and Chaos Proceedings. 1997, vol. 3, pp. 590-593. doi: 10.1109/COC.1997.626675

9. Dattani J., Blake J.C.H., Hilker F.M. Target-oriented chaos control Physics Letters A. 2011, vol. 375, no. 45, pp. 3986-3992. doi: 10.1016/j.physleta.2011.08.066

10. Dmitrikov V.F., Shushpanov D.V. Ustojchivost i elektromagnitnaya sovmestimost ustrojstv i system elektropitaniya [Stability and electromagnetic compatibility of devices and power supply systems]. Moscow, Goryachaya liniya-Telekom Publ., 2019. 540 p. (in Russian)

11. Dmitrikov V.F., Shushpanov D.V. Power supply system stability. Electropitanie [Power supply], 2012, no. 2, pp. 5-19 (in Russian)

12. Andriyanov A.I. Calculation of optimal control system parameters for nonlinear dynamic processes of pulse voltage converters. Avtomatizatsiya i Modelirovanie v Proektirovanii i Upravlenii [Automation and Modelling in Design and Management], 2022, no. 4(18), pp. 87-97. doi: 10.30987/2658-6436-2022-4-87-96. (In Russian)

13. Andriyanov A.I. Teoriya system upravleniya tranzistornyh preobrazovatelej postoyannogo napryazheniya. [Theory of control systems for transistor DC-DC converters]. Kursk, ZAO Universitetskaya kniga Publ., 2023. 145 p. (in Russian)

14. Astrom K.J. Computer Controlled Systems / K.J. Astrom, B. Wittenmark. New Jersey, Prentice-Hall, 2011. 576 p.

15. Andriyanov A.I. Design of pulse-width dc/dc converters taking into account dynamic nonlinearity. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2021, no. 2 (51), pp. 39-44.doi: 10.18503/2311-8318-2021-2(51)-39-44 (In Russian)

Andriyanov A.I. Calculation of Input and Output Operator Resistance of DC Voltage Converter with Control System Based on Delayed Feedback. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2024, no. 2(63), pp. 90-97. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2024-2(63)-90-97