Abstract

Full Text

The paper analyzes the quality of current, moment and speed adjustment in high-power DC thyristor electric drives (with a capacity of more than 2000 kW), that is made with 12-pulse thyristor converters (in which valve sections have parallel connection through current-limiting inductors) and a three-winding power transformer. This type of electric drive is widely used in the metallurgical and mining industries for the main drives of hot and cold rolling mill stands, pipe mills and mine lifts. The article researches cases when individual current regulators are used for each valve section and while using one total current regulator for all valve sections. To analyze the cases, the article presents design models for thyristor electric drives automatic control systems with one and two current regulators. Based on them, the article provides automatic control drives block schemes and gives mathematical descriptions and possible models required for further experiments. In contrast to the traditional two-circuit automatic control speed drive, the schemes under consideration are characterized by having cross-links due to the mutual influence of the valve sections. Cross-links can significantly affect the quality of current regulation and electric drives speed. In the model with individual current regulators, the mutual influence of valve sections (cross-links) causes a decrease in the quality of current and speed regulation. The MATLAB /Simulink modeling showed that in this case, the current speed is reduced by 2-3 times as compared to traditional automatic control drives. Such decrease in speed in the current control circuits leads to a 1.5-2 times drop for the automatic control drive speed. In case of using one general current regulator, the mutual influence of the valve sections (cross-links) is eliminated. As a result, there is a possibility to achieve the maximum speed characteristics, normally demonstrated in traditional automatic control drives.

Keywords

control of electric variables, regulation of electric current, alternating current to direct current power converters, electromechanical systems, variable

Anatoliy М. Zyuzev D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Professor, Department of Electric Drive and Automation of Industrial Installations, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2233-2730

Valery I. Zelentsov Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Electrification and Transport, Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0009-0009-9102-6321

Vladimir V. Ippolitov Assistant Professor, Department of Electrification and Transport, Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0009-0002-2445-1490

Anatoliy T. Plastun D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Novikov V.A., Savva S.V., Tatarintsev N.I. Elektroprivod v sovremennykh tekhnologiyakh [Electric drive in modern technologies]. Moscow, Akademiya Publ., 2014. 400 p. (In Russian)

2. Evzerov I.H., Gorobets A.S., Moshkovich B.I. Komplektnye tiristornye elektroprivody: spravochnik [reference book "Complete thyristor electric drives"]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1988. 319 p. (In Russian)

3. Zimin E.N., Katsevich V.L., Kozyrev S.K. Elektroprivody postoyannogo toka s ventilnymi preobrazovatelyami [DC electric drives with valve converters]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1981. 192 p. (In Russian)

4. Levitan I.I., Elkin A.G., Zhemerov G.G., Apter E.M. Moshchnye upravlyaemye vypryamiteli dlya elektroprivodov postoyannogo toka [Powerful controlled rectifiers for DC electric drives]. Moscow, Energia Publ., 1975. 208 p. (In Russian)

5. Khramshin V.R. Developing and Implementation of Automated Electric Drive and Systems of Controlling the Process Parameters of Wide-Strip Hot Rolling Mill. Vestnik IGEU [Vestnik IGEU], 2012, no. 6, pp.100-104. (In Russian)

6. Khramshin V.R. Razrabotka elektrotekhnicheskikh system nepreryvnoy gruppy stana goryachey prokatki pri rasshirenii sortamenta polos. Dokt. Diss. [Development of electrotechnical systems of continuous hot rolling mill group when expanding assortment of bands. Dokt. Diss.]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2013. 360 p. (In Russian)

7. Kolganov A.R., Lebedev S.K., Khanaev A.V. Matematicheskie osnovy teorii avtomaticheskogo upravleniya: uchebnik [Mathematical foundations of the theory of automatic control]. Ivanovo, Publishing house of Ivanovo State Energy University, 2010. 340 p. (In Russian)

8. Plotnikov Yu.V., Polyakov V.N. Sistemy upravleniya elektroprivodami postoyannogo toka (preobrazovatel Sinamics DCM): uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Control systems for DC electric drives (Sinamics DCM converter)]. Yekaterinburg, Publishing House of the Ural University, 2017. 96 p. (In Russian)

9. Terekhov V.M., Osipov O.I. Sistemy upravleniya elektroprivodov: uchebnik [Electric drive control systems: textbook]. Moscow, Academiya Publ., 2005. 304 p. (In Russian)

10. Schreiner R.T. Sistemy podchinennogo regulirovaniya elektroprivodov: uchebnoe posobie [Systems of subordinate regulation of electric drives]. Yekaterinburg, Publishing house of GOU VPO "Russian State Professional Pedagogical University", 2008. 279 p. (In Russian)

11. Terekhov V.M. Elementy avtomatizirivannogo elektroprivoda: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Elements of automated electric drive]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 221 p. (In Russian)

12. German-Galkin S.G. Virtualnye laboratorii poluprovodnikovykh system v srede Matlab-Simulink [Virtual laboratories of semi-conductor systems in the Matlab-Simulink environment]. St. Petersburg, Publishing House "Lan", 2013. 448 p. (In Russian)

13. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Khramshin T.R., Murzikov A.A. Modelirovanie elektrotekhnicheskikh kompleksov metallurgicheskikh predpriyatiy: uchebnoe posobie [Modeling of electrotechnical complexes of metallurgical enterprises]. Magnitogorsk, Publishing House of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012. 237 p. (In Russian)

14. Bogriy V.S., Russian A.A. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie tiristornykh preobrazovateley [Mathematical modeling of thyristor converters]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1972. 184 p. (In Russian)

15. Terekhin V.B. Modelirovanie system elektroprivoda v Simulink [Modeling of electric drive systems in Simulink]. Tomsk, Tomsk Polytechnic University Publishing House, 2008. 320 p. (In Russian)

Zyuzev A.М., Zelentsov V.I., Ippolitov V.V., Plastun A.T. Possibilities of Regulating Electric Current and Speed in High-Efficiency Rolling Mill Drives. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 4(61), pp. 12-18. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-4(61)-12-18