Abstract

Full Text

In the optimal control of billet heating in pass-through heating furnaces of rolling mills, the variable productivity of the mill in combination with the inertial properties of heating zones is a factor that greatly complicates the realization of optimal modes. The subsystem of predicting the temperature state of the furnace depending on the current productivity of the mill and taking into account the heat transfer between the heating zones will increase the efficiency of the optimal control system in transient modes of furnace operation. The work provides the results of the work analysis on the development of external heat exchange mathematical models in pass-through heating furnaces of rolling mills. Two main directions of external heat transfer mathematical models research are defined. The first group of researches includes the development of heat transfer models in which the heat transfer process is described by a system of analytical or numerical equations based on the physical laws of heat transfer taking into account the hydrodynamics of flue gas movement. The second group of research includes the development of empirical mathematical models based on the parameters of the observed process, and describing the correlation between these parameters. Research on the empirical mathematical model development of a pass-through heating furnace taking into account the dynamic characteristics of the process has been carried out. As a result of the research, a mathematical model is obtained, which determines the relationship between the fuel consumption distributed over the furnace zones and the temperature of the working space in these zones. The mathematical model takes into account the mutual influence of neighboring zones, furnace productivity on heating the workpieces, as well as the dynamic characteristics of the zones. As initial data for finding the coefficients of the equations were taken statistical data of wide strip hot rolling mill heating furnace operation. The coefficients of the mathematical model equations were determined by the search method, using the method of deformable polyhedron.

Keywords

heating furnace, metal pressure treatment, empirical model, deformable polyhedron method, the Nelder-Mead method, billet heating before rolling

Sergey M. Andreev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department, Automated Control Systems Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0735-6723

Dmitry V. Nuzhin

Graduate Student, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0009-0003-7498-7979

Albina R. Bondareva

Senior Lecturer, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1091-0107

1. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Optimizacija rezhimov up-ravlenija nagrevom zagotovok v pechah prohodnogo tipa [Optimization of Control Modes Heating Furnaces Trans-mission Type]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2013. 376 p. (In Russian)

2. Rosado D.M., Chavez S.R.R., Gutierrez J.A., Huaraz M., Carvalho J., Mendiburu A. A. Reheating Furnaces in the Steel Industry: Utilization of Combustion Gases for Load Preheating and Combustion Air Preheating Using Cog, Ldg and Bfg As Process Gases. 8th Brazilian Congress of Ther-mal Sciences and Engineering, Bento Gonçalves RS Brazil, 2020. doi: 10.26678/abcm.encit2020.cit20-0017

3. Shipko A.A., Trusova I.A., Plushchevskij I.N., Korneev S.V., Tolstoj A.V. Fuel Saving at Metal Heating in Furnaces of Machine-Building Enterprises. Litye i metal-lurgiya [Foundry production and metallurgy], 2010, no. 1-2, pp. 53-58. (In Russian)

4. Arkhazloo N.B., Bazdidi-Tehrani F., Jean-Benoit M., Jahazi M. A numerical thermal analysis of the heating process of large size forged ingots. Materials Science Forum. 2018, vol. 941, pp. 2278-2283. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.941.2278

5. Kim M. A heat transfer model for the analysis of transient heating of the slab in a direct-fired walking beam type re-heating furnace. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2007, vol. 50, no. 19-20, pp. 3740-3748. doi: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2007.02.023

6. Kim J.G., Huh K.Y. Prediction of transient slab temperature distribution in the re-heating furnace of a walking-beam type for rolling of steel slabs. ISIJ Int. 2000, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1115-1123. doi: 10.2355/ISIJINTERNATIONAL.40.1115

7. Landfahrer M., Schlukner C., Prieler R., Gerhardter H., Zmek T., Klarner J., Hochenauer C. Development and application of a numerically efficient model describing a rotary hearth furnace using CFD. Energy. 2019, vol. 180, pp. 79-89. doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2019.04.091

8. Ahmed Z., Lecompte S., De Raad T., De Paepe M. Steady State model of a Reheating Furnace for determining slab boundary conditions. Energy Procedia. 2019, vol. 158, pp. 5844-5849. doi: 10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.542

9. Mayr B., Prieler R., Demuth M., Moderer L., Hochenauer C. CFD analysis of a pusher type reheating furnace and the billet heating characteristic. Appl. Therm. Eng. 2017, vol. 115, pp. 986-994. doi: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.01.028

10. Muresan V., Abrudean M. The control of the billets heating process in a furnace with rotary hearth. IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline). 2012, vol. 8(1), pp. 735-740. doi: 10.3182/20120902-4-fr-2032.00128

11. Chang J.H., Oh J., Lee H. Development of a roller hearth furnace simulation model and performance investigation. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2020, vol. 160, p. 120222. doi: 10.1016/J.IJHEATMASSTRANSFER.2020.120222

12. Bugrin I.S., Denisov M.A., Soloviev K.G. Development of a reheating furnace mathematical model using ANSYS math-ematical software. Innovatsii v materialovedenii i metallurgii: materialy I mezhdunar. interaktiv. nauch.-prakt. konf [Materials of 1st International interactive scientific and prac-tical conference "Innovations in Materials Science and Met-allurgy"]. Yekaterinburg, Ural University Publishing House, 2012, pp. 95-98. (In Russian)

13. Timoshpolsky V.I., Trusova I.A., Kabishov S.M. Dark operation of heating furnaces of rolling production in industrial conditions. Message 3. Mathematical modeling in furnaces with mechanized hearth. Litye i metallurgiya [Foundry production and metallurgy], 2011, no. 2, pp. 109-117. (In Russian)

14. Garcia A.M., Colorado A.F., Obando J.E., Arrieta C.E., Amell A.A. Effect of the burner position on an austenitizing process in a walking-beam type reheating furnace. Appl. Therm. Eng. 2019, vol. 153, pp. 633-645. doi: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2019.02.116

15. Timoshpolsky V.I., German M.L., Trusova I.A., Rat-nikov P.E. Mathematical modeling of the thermal operation of through-pass heating furnaces in a countercurrent heat ex-change scheme. Litye i metallurgiya [Foundry production and metallurgy], 2009, no. 1, pp. 146-151. (In Russian)

16. Bukhmirov V.V., Krupennikov S.A. Modifications of the zonal method for solving problems of radiation heat transfer: basic provisions. Vestnik IGEHU [Vestnik of IGEU], 2009, no. 2, pp. 1-3. (In Russian)

17. Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Zhadinsky D.Yu., Akhmeto-va A.U. Optimal fuel-efficient modes of heating continuously cast billets in continuous reheating furnaces. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo univer-siteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2015, no. 3, pp. 89-96. (In Russian)

18. Andreev S.M., Akhmetov T.U., Nuzhin D.V., Par-sunkin B.N. Automated control system for fuel-saving asymmetric heating of continuously cast work-pieces before rolling. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electro-technical systems and complexes], 2016, no. 3(32), pp. 60-65. (In Russian)

19. RyabchikovM.Yu., Barkov D.S.-H., Ryabchikova E.S. Con-trol of metal heating in methodical furnaces taking into ac-count the distribution of external heat losses along the length of the furnace. Metalloobrabotka [Metalworking], 2016, no. 6(96), pp. 38–47. (In Russian)

20. RyabchikovM.Yu., Kokorin I.D. Comparison of variants of deterministic models for predicting the temperature of a steel strip at the outlet of a heating furnace during galvanizing Izvestiya TulGu. Tekhnicheskie nauki. [Izvestiya Tula State University], 2021, no. 6, pp. 355-364. (In Russian)

21. Panferov V.I., Panferov S.V. Solution of the problem of metal temperature control in the automated control system of methodical furnaces. Vestnik YUUrGU. Seriya "Metallurgiya" [Bulletin of SUSU. Metallurgy], 2021, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 63-75. doi: 10.14529/met210408 (In Russian)

22. Rumshinsky L.Z. Matematicheskaya obrabotka rezultatov eksperimenta [Mathematical processing of experimental re-sults]. Moscow, Nauka, 1971, 192 p. (In Russian)

23. Bundy B. Metody optimizatsii. Vvodnyj kurs [Optimization methods. Introductory course]. Moscow, Radio and Com-munications, 1988. 128 p. (In Russian)

24. Nuzhin D.V., Andreev S.M. Influence of Neighboring Zones on the Heating Medium Temperatures of the Fifth Zone in a Methodical Furnace of a Rolling Mill. Avtomatizirovannye tekhnologii i proizvodstva [[Automation of technologies and production], 2023, no. 1(27), pp. 3-10. (In Russian)

Andreev S.M., Nuzhin D.V., Bondareva A.R. Prediction Model of Temperature Distribution Over the Length of the Furnace Taking into Account the Mutual Influence of its Zones. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electro-technical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 3(60), pp. 52-60. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-3(60)-52-60