download PDF

Abstract

The condition and the quality level of operation of the electrical complex of submersible electrical equipment of oil fields depend directly on the accident-free and reliable operation of the constituent elements of the well equipment, in particular, submersible motors. Submerged electrical equipment (SEE) for oil production including submersible electric motors (SEM) during operation are subject to the influence of a large number of external factors and impacts, their operation is associated with a variety of operating modes. To obtain information about their state, it is necessary to use the data of statistics of failure of operation. It can be argued that this method of analyzing the state of the object is the most acceptable (or even the only possible) for obtaining, describing and expressing, in quantitative terms, the SEE reliability indicators. To fully understand the current state of the SEEpark, including the SEM, the article presents the results of its statistical analysis. At the current moment, data on technological violations at oil production enterprises have been collected and analyzed with the development of recommendations for improving the reliability of SEM.

Keywords

Submersible electric equipment, submersible electric motors, oil production, reliability, failure statistics, reliability indicators, time between failures, Weibul distribution, lognormal distribution, exponential distribution.

Vladimir S. Romanov

Postgraduate student, Department of Automatic Electric Power Systems, Samara State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9838-4932.

Valery G.Goldstein

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Department of Automatic Electric Power Systems, Samara State Technical University, Samara, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Alekperov V.Yu., Kershenbaum V.Ya. Ustanovki pogruzhnykh tsentrobezhnykh nasosov dlya dobychi nefti [Installations of submersible centrifugal pumps for oil production]. Moscow: Science and Technology, 1998. 611 p. (In Russian)

2. Aliev I.M. Diagnostirovanie raboty neftyanykh skvazhin, ekspluatiruemykh pogruznymi tsentrobezhnymi nasosami [Diagnostics of oil wells operated by submersible centrifugal pumps]; Abstract of the Ph.D. dissertation. Moscow, 1988. 25 p. (In Russian)

3. Babaev S.G., Gabibov I.A., Melikov R.Kh. Osnovy teorii nadyezhnosti neftepromyslovogo oborudovaniya [Fundamentals of the theory of reliability of oilfield equipment].Baku: AGNA, 2015. 400 p. (In Russian)

4. Baikov I.R., Smorodov E.A., Deeev V.G. Analysis of time series as a method of forecasting and diagnostics in oil production. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo [Oil Industry]. 2002, no. 2, pp. 71-74. (In Russian)

5. Girfanov A.A., Goldstein V.G., Dadonov D.N. Analysis of the operational reliability of the EPU. Sbor. Dokl. IX Ross. Nauchn-tekxn. Konf. Po elektromagnitnoy sovmestimosti tekhnicheskikh sredstv i elektromagnitnoy bezopasnosti EMS-2006 [Collection of scientific papers of IX Russian scientific conference on electromagnetic compatibility of technical means and electromagnetic safety of EMC-2006]. St. Petersburg, 2006, pp. 173-176. (In Russian)

6. Zamihovsky L.M., Kalyavin V.P. Tekhnicheskaya diagnostika pogruzhnykh elektroustanovok dlya dobychi [Technical diagnostics of submersible electrical installations for mining]. Snyatyn: Prut Print, 1999. 234 p. (In Russian)

7. Mamedov O. Nauchnye ocnovy povysheniya ekspluatatsionnoy nadyezhnosti pogruzhnykh elektrodvigateley [Scientific basis for increasing the operational reliability of submersible motors]: Monograph. Baku: publishing house "Elm", 2010. 183 p. (In Russian)

8. Perelman O.M., Peshcherenko S.N., Ryabinovich A.I., Slepchenko S.D. Methods for determining the reliability of the equipment and the experience of its application. Tekhnologii TEK [Technologies of the fuel and energy sector]. 2005, no. 3, pp. 66-73. (In Russian)

9. Portnyagin A.L., Solovyov I.G. Model of the residual resource estimate for load equipment. Vestn. Kibernetiki [Proceedings of cybernetics]. 2002, no. 1, pp. 103-108. (In Russian)

10. Romanov V.S., Goldstein V.G. Methods for dynamically improving the energy efficiency and reliability of submerged electric motors for oil production. Zhurnal Dinamika system, mekhanizmov i mashin. Dinamika elektrotekhnicheskikh kompleksov i system [Journal of Dynamics of Systems, Mechanisms and Machines. Dynamics of electrotechnical complexes and systems]. 2017, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 96–100. (In Russian)

11. Sushkov V.V., Timoshkin V.V., Sukhachev I.S., Sidorov S.V. Evaluation of the residual life of the submersible motor insulation of electric centrifugal oil pump installations under the influence of impulse overvoltages. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov [Proceedings of Tomsk Polytechnic University. Engineering georesources]. 2017, vol. 328, no. 10, pp. 74-80. (In Russian)

12. Bauer H., Langer G. Modelle und Stategien fur Prufungen der elektromagnetisehen Vertraglichkcit (EMV). Elektric. 1988, no. 11, pp. 409–415.

13. Вrinner T.R., Bulmer J., Kellg. Lighting protection for submergible oilwell pumps. 32-nd Annu. Petrol. and Chem. Ind. Conf., Houston tex., sept. 9 – 11, 1985. Rec. Conf. Pар. New York. 1985.

14. Romanov V.S., Goldstein V.G. The dynamic improvement methods of energy efficiency and reliability of oil production submersible electric motors. IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics: Conf. Series. Vol. 944, no. 012099, conference 1, 2018.

15. Sukhachev I.S., Gladkikh T.D., Sushkov V.V. An algorithm of the loss risk assessment in the oil production in case of electric submersible motor failure. IEEE Conference 2016 Dynamics of Systems, Mechanisms and Machines. Omsk, 2016, no. 7819089. DOI:10.1109/Dynamics.2016.7819089.

16. Sushkov V.V., Martianov A.S. Specific of Ride Through Solutions for Electric Submerisible Pumps with Adjustable Speed Drive. Dynamics of Systems. Mechanisms and Machines (Dynamics). Omsk: IEEE. 2014, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/Dynamics.2014.7005681.