Abstract

Full Text

The paper considers the issue of improving the factory power plant energy efficiency. The literature review was carried out, which presents domestic scientific works. The analysis results of the current state of power plant energy efficiency in the country are presented. It is revealed that one of the main factors reducing the power plant energy efficiency is the consumption of electricity for their own needs. In order to reduce the electricity consumption by own needs, it is proposed to use the principle of cascade-frequency regulation to control the pumps group. Feed pumps of a factory power plant with feed water cross-links were selected as the research object. An example of the four feed pump operation on a common collector with the condition of maintaining the necessary water flow at a given network pressure is considered. Instead of traditional throttling, it is proposed to regulate the pump performance by changing the drive rotation speed. This reduces the consumption of electrical energy. A distinctive feature of the proposed control scheme is that part of the pumps necessary to maintain a given feed water flow rate are connected to the single frequency converter. The regulation takes place with the same rotation speed. To bring the pump into nominal operation mode, a workaround is provided that allows you to connect the electric drive directly to the mains. A flowchart for choosing the optimal operating mode for a group of similar pumps has been developed. For a given network characteristic, various options for connecting pumps via frequency converters and their resulting characteristics are obtained. The operation expediency of a pump group with different frequency and load when working on a common network is considered. Recommendations have been developed for the use of frequency-controlled noses, taking into account the minimum costs for the given performance.

Keywords

power plant, efficiency improvement, self-consumption, throttling, adjustable drive, frequency converter, feed pumps, power saving

Maksim M. Lygin

Postgraduate student, Industrial Power Supply Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8884-4846

1. Odintsov K.E., Petushkov M.Yu., Ivanov E.F., Bochkarev A.A, Lygin M.M. Ways to improve the reliability of responsible electric drives of factory power plants of metallurgical industries. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2021, no. 4(53), pp. 28-32. doi: 10.18503/2311-8318-2021-4(53)-28-32 (In Russian)

2. Kornilov G.P., Gazizova O.V., Abdulveleev I.R., Lygin M.M., Bochkarev A.A. Improving the energy efficiency of factory power plants of metallurgical enterprises. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2022, no. 2(55), pp. 55-61. doi:10.18503/2311-8318-2022-2(55)-55-61 (In Russian)

3. Kornilov G.P., Shemetov A.N., Shokhin V.V., Usatyy D.Yu., Lygin M.M. Experience in the implementation of energy- and resource-saving technologies in the power supply systems of a metallurgical enterprise. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the South Ural State University], 2022, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 12-20. doi: 10.14529/power220102 (In Russian)

4. Mugalimov R.G., Zakirova R.A., Mugalimova A.R., Odintsov K.E. Improving energy efficiency and resource conservation during major repairs, modernization and utilization of asynchronous electric drive motors. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2018, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 145-159. doi:10.18503/1995-2732-2018-16-3-145-159. (In Russian)

5. Parsunkin B.N., Polukhina E.I., Petrova O.V. Production and economic indicators for dynamic optimization of energy-saving control of electric arc technological units. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2015, no. 4(52), pp. 105-111. (In Russian)

6. Titarenko V.B., Aleynikova D.V., Ustinov S.A. Energy-efficient methods of hydraulic drives volumetric regulation. Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of the Volgograd State Technical University], 2020, no. 1(236), pp. 85-88. (In Russian)

7. Skripnik A.E., Bezrukov R.E. Optimization of electricity and heat generation technology at thermal power plants. Nauchnyy elektronnyy zhurnal meridian [Scientific electronic journal Meridian], 2020, no. 6(40), pp. 276-278. (In Russian)

8. Okley P.I. Introduction into the practice of managing the operation of thermal power plants by instrumental means of monitoring the equipment condition for the aging of electrical insulating materials. Transportnoe delo Rossii [Transport business of Russia], 2015, no. 4, pp. 66-71. (In Russian)

9. Gazizova O.V., Varganova A.V., Malafeev A.V., Patshin N.T., Karyakin A.L. Taking into account the static stability of synchronous generators in the task of planning optimal modes of own power plants by reactive power. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the South Ural State University], 2019, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 23-33. doi:10.14529/power190303 (In Russian)

10. Borisov G.M. Improving the efficiency of thermal power plants in the organization of parameter monitoring and diagnostics of the thermal power equipment operational condition. Energosberezhenie i vodopodgotovka [Energy saving and water treatment], 2007, no. 2 (46), pp. 34-36. (In Russian)

11. Pozdnikov S.E., Kazyeva A.I. Application of a genetic algorithm for solving optimization problems in the electric power industry. Sovremennyete khnologii: aktualnye voprosy, dostizheniya i innovatsii. Sbornik statey XII Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Collection of articles of the XII International Scientific and Practical Conference "Modern technologies: current issues, achievements and innovations"]. Penza, 2017, pp. 65-67. (In Russian)

12. Popov O.N., Nikulin P.N., Chubarov R.Yu., Shpakov A.I. Improving the efficiency of the thermal power plant. Tsifrovaya transformatsiya v energetike: Materialy Vserossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii [Materials of the All-Russian Scientific Conference "Digital Transformation in the Energy sector"]. Tambov, Tambov State Technical University Publ., 2020, pp. 77-80. (In Russian)

13. Zamaleev M.M., Sharapov V.I., Markov I.A., Naryshkina K.S., Gubin I.V. Possibilities of regeneration of waste heat of turbine generators at thermal power plants in the scheme of make-up water preparation in the heating network. Energosberezhenie i vodopodgotovka [Energy saving and water treatment], 2020, no. 1(123), pp. 21-23. (In Russian)

14. Varganova A.V., Lygin M.M., Khramshin V.R. Fuel mix optimization of utility boilers at industrial power stations. Proceedings of the International Conference onIndustrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing (ICIEAM). IEEE, 2018. 8728625. doi: 10.1109/ICIEAM.2018.8728625

15. Novoselov V.B., Brodov Yu.M., Litvinov E.V., Lebedev V.V., Mikhaylov A.G. Improving the efficiency of power plants by organizing additional steam extraction from steam turbines. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Problemy energetiki [Power engineering: research, equipment, technology], 2018, vol. 20, no.1-2, pp. 90-99. (In Russian)

16. Varganova A.V., Malafeev A.V. Energy-efficient heat distribution in boilers of industrial power plants using computers. Elektricheskie stantsii [Electrical stations], 2017, no. 11(1036), pp. 23-27. (In Russian)

17. Sharapov V.I., Kuzmin A.V. Calculation of the energy efficiency of improved source water heating schemes in thermal power plant steam turbine regeneration systems. Trudy Akademenergo [Proceedings of Akademenergo], 2017, no. 3, pp. 53-65. (In Russian)

18. Zhitarenko V.M. Diagrams of optimal load distribution between CHP boilers. Vestnik Priazovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Tekhnicheskie nauki [Bulletin of the Azov State Technical University. Series: Technical Sciences], 2014, no. 28, pp. 118-123. (In Russian)

19. Budakov I.V., Burov V.D. Determination of the dew point behind the heat recovery boiler in order to optimize the temperature of the exhaust gases. Novoe v rossiyskoy elektroenergetike [New in the Russian electric power industry], 2011, no. 11, pp. 35-45. (In Russian)

20. Osipov O.I., Karandaev A.S., Khramshin V.R., Khramshin T.R. Improving the reliability of electric drives of a thermal power plant with the introduction of frequency converters. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical engineering], 2017, no. 1, pp. 28-34. (In Russian)

21. Medvedev V.N., Karandaev A.S., Karandaeva O.I., Mamleeva Yu.I., Khramshina E.A. Technological relevance and efficiency assessment-news of the introduction of frequency-controlled electric drives at thermal power plant facilities. Vestnik Ivanovskogo gosudarstvennogo energeticheskogo universiteta [Vestnik IGEU], 2012, no. 6, pp. 109-114. (In Russian)

22. Bunin A.A., Gazizova O.V., Tarasov V.M. Analysis of static stability and power consumption of asynchronous motors when they are connected to frequency converters with changes in technological and electrical parameters of the operating mode. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2016, no. 4(33), pp. 49-60. doi: 10.18503/2311-8318-2016-4(33)-49-60 (In Russian)

23. Braslavskiy I.Ya., Kostylev A.V., Esaulkova D.V. Application of neural cluster analysis for the formation of the frequency control law in an asynchronous electric drive. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2014, no. 3(24), pp. 4-9. (In Russian)

24. Tatarinov D.E., Grigoryan A.S., Pimenova I.A. Ensuring electromechanical compatibility in frequency-controlled asynchronous electric drives when adjusting the PWM frequency. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the South Ural State University], 2016, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 80-86. doi: 10.14529/power160112 (In Russian)

25. Khramshin V.R., Odintsov K.E., Gubaydullin A.R., Karandaeva O. I., Kondrashova Yu.N. Analysis of the failure rate of frequency-controlled electric drives of district heating stations in case of power supply failures. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the South Ural State University], 2014, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 68-79. (In Russian)

26. Radionov A.A., Karandaev A.S., Khramshin R.R., Gubaydullin A.R., Khramshina E.A. Evaluation of the energy saving resource in the electric drive of a blow fan with a two-speed asynchronous electric motor. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the South Ural State University], 2014, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 61-70. (In Russian)

27. The International Energy Efficiency Scorecard. Available at: https://www.aceee.org/portal/national-policy/international-scorecard (accessed 06 January 2023).

28. Energeticheskaya strategiya Rossii do 2030 goda (Russia Energy Strategy until 2030). Available at: https://minenergo.gov.ru/node/15357 (accessed 06 December 2022).

29. Rasporyazhenie Pravitelstva RF № 703-r «Ob utverzhdenii kompleksnogo plana po povysheniyu energeticheskoy effektivnosti ekonomiki Rossii» (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 703-r "On the approval of a comprehensive plan to improve the energy efficiency of the Russian economy"). Available at: http://government.ru/docs/32368/ (accessed 06 December 2022).

30. Aktsionernoe obshchestvo «Dalnevostochnaya generi-ruyushchaya kompaniya». Standarty raskrytiya infor-matsii subektami optovogo i roznichnykh rynkov elektroenergii (Joint Stock Company "Far Eastern Generating Company". Standards of information disclosure by subjects of wholesale and retail electricity markets). Available at: https://www.dvgk.ru/page/326 (accessed 06 December 2022).

31. OAO «Fortum». Informatsiya subyekta rynka elektricheskoy energii (Fortum OJSC. Information of the subject of the electric energy market). Available at: https://www.fortum.ru/informaciya-subekta-rynka-elektricheskoy-energii (accessed 06 December 2022).

32. Prikaz Federalnoy antimonopolnoy sluzhby ot 8 oktyabrya 2014 g. №631/14 «Ob utverzhdenii form raskrytiya informatsii subyektami optovogo i roznichnykh rynkov elektricheskoyenergii, ne yavlyayushchimisya subyektami estestvennykh monopoliy» (Order of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of October 8, 2014 No. 631/14 "On approval of information disclosure Forms by Subjects of wholesale and retail electric energy markets that are not subjects of Natural monopolies"). Available at: https://fas.gov.ru (accessed 06 December 2022).

33. Ciontu M., Bratu C. Program for Efficiency Analaizing for Variable Speed Drive of Pumps. 3rd International Symposium on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ISEEE). IEEE, 2010, pp. 298-302. doi: 10.1109/ISEEE.2010.5628496

34. Ahmed A., Moharam B., Rashad E. Power Saving of Multi Pump-Motor Systems Using Variable Speed Drives. 20th International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON). IEEE, 2018, pp. 839-844. doi: 10.1109/MEPCON.2018.8635157

35. Hoang A.T., Nguyen T.V., Nguyen B.T. The Novel Design of Feed-water Control System for Thermal Power Plant Using Super-critical Start-up Motor-Boiler Feed-water Pump. PES/IAS PowerAfrica. IEEE, 2020, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/PowerAfrica49420.2020.9219903

36. Shestakov I.V., Safin N.R. Modernization of the frequency-controlled asynchronous electric drive system. Vestnik kontserna VKO "Almaz-Antey" [Journal of "Almaz – Antey" Air and Space Defence Corporation], 2019, no. 2(29), pp. 62-83. (In Russian)

Lygin M.M. Improving the Power Plant Energy Efficiency Through the Use of Frequency-Cascade Regulation Principle for Feed Pump Drives. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 1(58), pp. 21-30. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-1(58)-21-30