download PDF

Abstract

The article considers the synthesis of a direct torque control system in a two-phase asynchronous electric motor with an external rotor. In low-power motors, the placement of a three-phase winding can be difficult. In this case, a two-phase stator winding is used. Control systems without a speed feedback sensor for mechanisms that do not require increased control accuracy, or even open-speed rotations are also of great interest. The latter are used in traction electric drives of mobile installations, for example, in electric bicycles and scooters. The well-known electric drive system for three-phase motors is taken as a basis. The article shows the principle of dividing the spatial positions of the voltage vector into 8 positions depending on the number of transistors included in a two-phase autonomous inverter. An algorithm for generating control signals by power keys in the tabular form is synthesized depending on the combinations of relay regulators states in the flow coupling of the stator and the electromagnetic moment, as well as taking into account the sector number of the current flow coupling vector position. Each regulator has three fixed states with transitions along hysteresis loops. To test the algorithm operability, a simulation model of a traction electric drive in the MatLab Simulink system has been developed. The control system structure and the principle of control signals tabular generation in the power unit are shown. To limit the total current of the stator, an additional relay current regulator has been introduced, which sets zero voltage vectors when the current amplitude reaches the set values. To test the control system, an experimental sample of an electric drive with a control system based on an STM32F407 microcontroller with a traction two-phase three-pole asynchronous motor with a power of 500 watts was designed and manufactured. The graphs of experimental studies proving the proposed technical solutions operability are presented.

Keywords

Direct torque control; two-phase asynchronous electric motor; motor with external rotor; autonomous inverter; stator flow coupling; simulation model.

Еduard L. Grekov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Automatic Electric Drive, Electromechanics and Electrical Engineering, Institute of Energy, Electronics and Communications, Orenburg State University, Orenburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4675-7378

Aleksej S. Bezgin

Ph.D. (Engineering), Acting Head of Automatic Electric Drive, Electromechanics and Electrical Engineering Department, Institute of Energy, Electronics and Communications, Orenburg State University, Orenburg, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8597-6616

1. Ovsjannikov E. M., Nguen Kuang Thieu. Direct control of asynchronous motor rotor torque and flux linkage. Izvestija vuzov. Mashinostroenie. [Proceedings of Universities. Journal of Mechanical Engineering], 2011, no. 7, pp. 27-30. (In Russian)

2. Takahashi I., Noguchi T. A new quick-response and high-efficiency control strategy of an induction motor // IEEE Trans. Ind. Applications. 1986, vol. IA-22(5), рp. 820-827. doi: 10.1109/TIA.1986.4504799

3. Braslavskij I.Ja., Ishmatov Z.Sh., Barac E.I. Adaptive direct control system of asynchronous motor torque. Elektrotehnika [Electrical engineering], 2001, no. 11, pp. 35–39. (In Russian)

4. Sokolovskij G.G. Elektroprivody peremennogo toka s chastotnym regulirovaniem. [Alternating current electric drives with frequency control]. Moscow, Publishing center «Akademija», 2007. 272 p. (In Russian)

5. Grekov Je.L., Salikov M.P., Jamansarin I.I., Bezgin A.S. Tests of two-phase induction motor with external rotor and asymmetrical stator winding. Sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija jelektro- i teplotehnologii (XIX Benardosovskie chtenija): materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-tehn. konf., posvjashh. 175-let. so dnja rozhdenija N.N. Benardosa. [State and development prospects of electrical and heat power engineering (XIX Bernadosov talks). Materials of the international scientific conference devoted to 175th anniversary of N.N. Benardos]. Ivanovo, Lenin Ivanovo State Power Engineering University Publ., 2017, vol. III: Electrical Engineering, pp. 154-158. (In Russian)

6. Firago B.I., Pavljachik L.B. Reguliruemye elektroprivody peremennogo toka [Alternating current controlled electric drives]. Minsk, Tehnoperspektiva, 2006, 363 p. (In Russian)

7. Firago B.I., Vasiliev D.S. Vektornye sistemy upravlenija elektroprivodami [Vector control systems of electric drives]. Minsk, Vyshjejshaja shkola, 2016, 159 p. (In Russian)

8. P. Vas. Sensorless Vector and Direct Torque Control. London, U.K., Oxford Science Publication, 1998. 729 p.

9. Bezgin, A. S. Mathematical model of two-phase asynchronous electric drive with subdivided windings and squirrel-cage rotor in Matlab Simulink. Nauka i obrazovanie: fundamentalnye osnovy, tehnologii, innovacii: sb. materialov Mezhdunar. nauch. konf., posvjashh. 60-letiju Orenburg. gos. un-ta [Science and education: fundamentals, technology, innovations. Collection of scientific papers of the International scientific conference devoted to the 60th anniversary of Orenburg State University. Part 1.]. Orenburg, Orenburg State University Publ., 2015, pp. 270-276. (In Russian)

10. Shokhin V.V., Kornilov G.P., Permyakova O.V., Faryma V.N., Shestalyuk K.A. Investigation of braking modes in the electric drive with direct torque control system. Proceedings of International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing (ICIEAM). IEEE, 2021, pp. 329-333. doi: 10.1109/ICIEAM51226.2021.9446465

Grekov Е.L., Bezgin A.S. Direct Torque Control by Two-Phase Asynchronous Electric Motor. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2022, no. 4(57), pp. 54-59. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2022-4(57)-54-59