download PDF

Abstract

The article discusses an algorithm for determining economically feasible places for connecting power supply systems with distributed generation sources to the external network. The algorithm is based on the dynamic programming method. The optimization criterion is the minimum costs for the purchase and transmission of electricity from external sources to local networks, while taking into account the reliability of electricity supply in the form of economic damage arising from both consumers and electricity suppliers. To find the optimal solution, models of electricity sources are used, which represent the dependence of the purchased power on the electricity tariff, power losses in the network elements and the reliability of power supply. When assessing the reliability of power supply, the features of the operating modes of the substation switchgear circuits, the substation equipment, the length and design of the power lines supplying the substation and extending to the power supply system under study are taken into account. The developed algorithm will allow determining the optimal points of connection to the external network, which will ensure the economical and reliable operation of power supply systems, and will also allow planning the power supply scheme at the design stage of a new or reconstruction of an existing network.

Keywords

reliability of power supply, distributed generation, external source, point of connection to the external network, optimization, microgeneration.

Aleksandra V. Varganova Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Electrical Power Engineering Department, Tobolsk Industrial Institute, Tobolsk Branch of the Industrial University of Tyumen, Tobolsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4675-7511

Viktor I. Novoselov PhD (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Department of Electric Power Engineering, Tyumen Industrial University Tobolsk Industrial Institute (Branch), Tobolsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8342-427

1. Nikulin P.A. Problems and Prospects of Development of Distributed Generation in the Russian Federation. Ekonomika i socium [Economics and Society], 2018, no. 6(49), pp. 802-804. (In Russian)
  2. Georgilakis P.S., Hatziargyriou N.D. Optimal Distributed Generation Placement in Power Distribution Networks: Models, Methods, and Future Research. IEEE Trans. Power Syst, 2023, vol. 28, no. 3.
  3. Meera Shareef S.D., Vinod Kumar T. A Review on Models and Methods for Optimal Placement of Distributed Genera-tion in Power Distribution Systems. UEAR, 2014, vol. 4, is-sue Spl-1, Jan - June 2014.
  4. Eroshenko S.A., Karpenko A.A., Kokin S.E., Pazderin A.V. Optimization of Location and Power of Small Generation in Distribution Networks. Izvestiia vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii Problemy energetiki [Proceedings of higher educa-tional establishments. Energy problem], 2012, no. 1-2, pp. 82-89. (In Russian)
  5. Varganova A.V., Bayramgulova Yu.M., Goncharova I.N., Krotkova O.A. Technical and economic substantiation of the place of installation of sources of distributed generation. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2019, no. 3 (44), pp. 68-72. (In Russian)
  6. Ma J., Wang Y., Yang L. Size and Location of Distributed Generation in Distribution System Based on Immune Algo-rithm. The 2nd International Conference on Complexity Sci-ence & Information Engineering, Systems Engineering Procedia. IEEE, 2012, pp. 124-132. 
  7. Akhtulov A.L., Leonov E.N., FedorovV. Technique of Op-timizing the Energy Sources in Electrical Systems with Dis-tributed Generation. Dinamika sistem mekhanizmov i mashin [Speaker Systems, Mechanisms and Machines], 2016, no. 1, pp. 20-25. (In Russian)
  8. Lu W., Liu M., Lin S., Li L. Fully Decentralized Optimal Power Flow of Multi-Area Interconnected Power Systems Based on Distributed Interior Point Method. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2016, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 901-910.
  9. Eroshenko S.A. A Model of an Intellectual System for As-sessing the Effectiveness of the Implementation of Distributed Generation Facilities. Materialy VIII Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii [Materials of the VIII In-ternational Scientific and Technical Conference], 2017, pp. 41-44. (In Russian)
  10. Ilyushin P.V. Analysis of the Peculiarities of Internal Power Supply Networks of Industrial Enterprises With Distributed Generation Facilities. Energetik [Power Engineer], 2016, no. 12, pp. 21-25. (In Russian)
  11. Varganova A.V., Irihov A.S., Shemetov A.N. External Power Supply Reliability Assessment to Consumers of 6-10 kV of the Substations of 35 kV and Higher. 2020 International Ural Conference on Electrical Power Engineering (UralCon). IEEE, 2020, pp. 57-62.
  12. Petrova D.G. Methods of determining the point of economic rupture in the complex networks of 10 kV. Intellektualnaia sobstvennost i sovremennye tekhnika i tekhnologii dlia razvitiia ekonomiki Materialy VI respublikanskoi molodezhnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii v ramkakh Vserossiiskogo studencheskogo foruma Inzhenernye kadry budushchee innovatsionnoi ekonomiki Rossii [Intellectual property and modern techniques and technologies for the de-velopment of the economy: materials of the VI of the Repub-lican youth scientific and practical conference in the frame-work of the All-Russian Student Forum "Engineering Per-sons - the future of the innovation economy of Russia]. Joshkar-Ola, PGTU Publ., 2018, pp. 80-83. (In Russian)
  13. Sidorova V.T., Karchin V.V. Improving the method of determining the point of opening in complex closed air networks 110 kV. Elektroenergetika glazami molodezhi - 2017 Materialy VIII Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii [Electric power in the eyes of youth - 2017: Materials of the VIII International Scientific and Technical Conference]. Samara, SamGTU Publ., 2017, pp. 104-107. (In Russian)
  14. Savina N.V., Scepuro K.I. Reconfiguration of the circuit of electrical networks as a means of reduced electricity loss. Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo energeticheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Kazan State Energy University], 2019, vol. 11, no. 2(42), pp. 91-102. (In Russian)
  15. Valeev I.M., Kamaliev R.N., Musaev T.A. Evaluation of the possibility of applying the method of opening of double-sided networks in the conditions of the current power supply system of the urban area of 6 (10) kV. Dispetcherizatsiia i upravlenie v elektroenergetike Materialy dokladov XII Vserossiiskoi otkrytoi molo-dezhnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Dispatch and management in the electric power industry: materials of reports of the XII All-Russian open youth scientific and practical conference]. Kazan, KGEU Publ., 2017, pp. 44-49. (In Russian)
  16. A-Platforma – Rossijskayaprogrammnayaplatformaupravleniyaraspredelyonnojenergetikoj [A-Platform -Russian software platform management distributed energy]. Available at: https://a-platform.ru/ (accessed 27.08.2021)
  17. Lei Ting, Wang Tao, Yu Haoran, Liu Haoming Power optimization allocation strategy for energy storage station responding to dispatch instruction. 2015 International Symposium on Smart Electric Distribution Systems and Technologies (EDST). IEEE, 2015, pp. 177-182. 
  18. Zhang Q., Wangg M., Wang X., Tian S. Mid-long term optimal dispatching method of power system with large-scale wind-photovoltaic-hydro power generation. 2017 IEEE Conference on Energy Internet and Energy System Integration (EI2). IEEE, 2017, pp. 1-6.
  19. Ma Y., Zou G., Hou M., Dong Q., Yang J. Optimal dispatching for active distribution network with wind-battery hybrid power system. 2017 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC). IEEE, 2017, pp. 1-6.
  20. Khorolsky V.Ya., Taranov M.A., Petrov D.V. Tekhniko-ekonomicheskie raschety raspredelitel'nykh elektricheskikh setey [Technical and Economy Calculations for distribution cells Networks]. Moscow, Forum, INFRA-M Publ., 2015, 96 p. (In Russian)

Varganova A.V., Novoselov V.I. Algorithm for Searching the Optimal Point of Connection to External Power Sources in Distributed Generation Power Supply Systems. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2022, no. 2(55), pp. 71-76. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2022-2(55)-71-76