download PDF

Abstract

The productivity of a modern blast furnace is 3–4 thousand tons per day. Keeping the blast furnace running smoothly for maximum productivity is the main concern of the process staff. Numerous factors affecting the iron smelting process disrupt the process and require the formation of compensating control actions. One of the main parameters in controlling melting in the blast mode is the supply of natural gas (NG) and oxygen (Ox) to the furnace tuyere zone. The maximum productivity of a blast furnace is achieved at different NG/Ox ratios, depending on the influence of external factors. In the work, a system of search dynamic control of the natural gas supply was developed based on the method of extreme regulation. In automatic mode, the system evaluates the change in the current productivity of the blast furnace and generates a control action on the correction of the NG/Oxratio in the direction of maximizing the current productivity of the blast furnace. The blast-furnace process has a large inertia and delay. Taking this into account, a method of stepwise change of the control action is proposed, taking into account the process dynamic properties. The paper presents the implementation of the search algorithm and performs mathematical modeling of the search dynamic control system operation. The use of the proposed algorithm will improve the efficiency of managing the supply of natural gas to the blast furnace.

Keywords

blast furnace, pig iron process, dynamic search control, adaptive control, automatic control, control automatic optimization system, optimal control.

Boris N. Parsunkin D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1822-2632

Sergey M. Andreev D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0735-6723

Tatiana G. Sukhonosova Assistant Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1024-1612

1. Spirin N.A., Lavrov V.V., Rybolovlev V.YU., Shnayder D.A., Krasnobayev A.V., Gurin I.A. Digitalization of pig iron production: state, scientific problems and development trends. Trudy V Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, Novokuznetsk, 14 aprelya 2021 goda "Modelirovaniye i naukoyemkiye informatsionnyye tekhnologii v tekhnicheskikh i sotsialno-ekonomicheskikh sistemakh" [V International Scientific and Practical Conference "Modeling and high-tech information technologies in technical and socio-economic systems"]. Novokuznetsk, SibSIU Publ., 2021, pp. 23-31. (In Russian)
  2. Semenov Y.S., Podkorytov A.L., Shumelchik E.I., Horupakha V.V., Semion I.Yu., Orobtsev A.Yu. Decision Support System for Controlling Thermal State of Blast Fur-nace Smelting. Stal [Steel], 2021, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 261-266. doi: 10.3103/S0967091221040094 (In Russian) 
  3. Donskov E.G., Lyalyuk V.P., Donskov A.D. Use of the blast furnaces at Krivorozhstal to illustrate the prospects of blast-furnace smelting and certain aspects of its current state. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2014, vol. 58, no. 3-4, pp. 256-263. doi: 10.1007/s11015-014-9898-y (In Russian)
  4. Muravyeva I.G., Togobitskaya D.N., Nesterov A.S., Ivancha N.G. A new level of blast furnace control in the de-velopments of the IFM. Chernaya metallurgiya. Byulleten nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i ekonomicheskoy informatsii [Fer-rous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Eco-nomic Information], 2019, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 1231-1237. doi: 10.32339/0135-5910-2019-11-1231-1236 (In Russian)
  5. Semenov YU.S. Elaboration and realization of new approach-es to diagnostic and control of blast furnace heat. Chernaya metallurgiya. Byulleten nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i ekonomicheskoy informatsii [Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economic Information], 2020, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 123-132. doi: 10.32339/0135-5910-2020-2-123-131 (In Russian)
  6. Sibagatullin S.K., Kharchenko A.S., Beginyuk V.A., Selivanov V.N., Chernov V.P. Improving the blast furnace process by raising the natural gas flow rate in the upper heat exchange stage. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2017, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 37-44. doi:10.18503/1995-2732-2017-15-1-37-44 (In Russian)
  7. Sibagatullin S.K., Kharchenko A.S., Polinov A.A., Pav-lov A.V., Semenyuk M.A., Beginyuk V.A. Stabilization of the natural gas to blast ratio in blast furnace tuyeres. Teoriya i tekhnologiya metallurgicheskogo proizvodstva [The Theory and process engineering of metallurgical production], 2014, no. 1(14), pp. 26-26. (In Russian)
  8. Gostenin V.A., Pishnograyev S.N., Chevychelov A.V., Polinov A.A., Gridasov V.P. Intensification of the operation of blast furnaces through the optimal ratio of natural gas and oxygen consumption. Chernaya metallurgiya. Byulleten nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i ekonomicheskoy informatsii [Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economic Information], 2011, no. 6(1338), pp. 16-23. (In Russian)
  9. Parsunkn B.N., Andreyev S.M. Akhmetov U.B. Optimizatsiya upravleniya tekhnologicheskimi protsessami v metallurgii [Optimization of process control in metallurgy]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2009. 198 p. (In Russian)
  10. Parsunkin B.N., Senichkin B.K., Andreyev S.M., Ryabchikov M.YU. Blast furnace performance improvement by means of automatic control optimization of natural gas and technical oxygen submission in blasting. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnito-gorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 4, pp. 69-73. (In Russian) 
  11. Feshcenko S.A., Pleshkov V.I., Lizunov B.N., Lapshin A.A., Soveiko K.N., Loginov V.N., Vasilyev L.E. Making blast-furnace smelting more efficient through the injection of heated natural gas. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2007, vol. 51, no. 11-12, pp. 605-611. doi: 605-611 10.1007/s11015-007-0110-5 (In Russian) 
  12. Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Sukhonosova T.G. Avto-matizatsiya i optimizatsiya upravleniya protsessomvy plavki chuguna v domennykh pechakh. [Automation and optimiza-tion of the process control of iron smelting in blast furnaces]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2018. 215 p. (In Russian)
  13. Senichkin B.K., Bakhcheev N.F., Gostenin V.A. Power effi-ciency of natural and cooking gas inflation in a blast furnace. Problemy razvitiya metallurgii Urala na rubezhe XXI veka: sbornik nauchnyk htrudov [Problems of development of Ural metallurgy on the boundary of the XXI century]. Magnito-gorsk, NMGMA Publ., 1996, vol. 2, pp. 198. (In Russian)
  14. Kazakevich V.V., Rodov A.B. Sistemy avtomaticheskoy optimizatsii [Systems of automatic optimization]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1977. 288 p. (In Russian)
  15. Kazakevich V.V., Shcherbina YU.V. On the construction of continuous-discrete systems of extreme control, stable under the action of low-frequency disturbances. Avtomatika i telemekhanika [Automation and Telemechanics], 1979, no. 2, pp. 59-64. (In Russian)
  16. Frer F., Ortenburger F. Vvedeniye v elektronnuyu tekhniku regulirovaniya [Introduction to electronic control technology]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1973. 190 p. (In Russian)
  17. Andreyev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Optimizatsiya rezhimov upravleniya nagrevom zagotovok v pechakh prokhodnogo tipa [Optimization of control modes of heating through-type furnaces]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2013. 376 p. (In Russian)
  18. Parsunkin B.N. Logunova O.S. Avtomatizatsiya i optimizatsiya upravleniya proizvodstvom shikhtovykh komponentov v metallurgii [Automation and optimization of burden stock production management in metallurgy]. Magni-togorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2020. 199 p. (In Russian)

Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Sukhonosova T.G. Adaptive Search-Dynamic Control of Natural Gas Supply in Blast Furnace. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2022, no. 2(55), pp. 40-46. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2022-2(55)-40-46