download PDF

Abstract

The important control parameter for the combustion of gaseous fuels is the maintenance of the gas-air ratio, which is provided by taking into account the stoichiometric coefficient of the gaseous fuel. During combustion of the mixed gas, the ratio of components in the gas mixture is not controlled, or the stoichiometric factor is not constant, the maintaining of optimal gas - air ratio is quite difficult. In addition, the combustion of gas is affected by uncontrolled air leaks in the working space where a combustion process takes place. The use of a control search engine makes it possible to determine the optimal gas-air ratio during the continuous search, but the operation of such systems should not affect the safety of the process. The two subsystems, the stabilization subsystem and the search engine, are considered in the paper. Each of the subsystems is a separate control circuit that works sequentially. The switching of operation from one system to another is carried out according to the condition, which is formed using the method proposed in the work. In case of intensive temperature condition changes and corresponding gas flow changes, control should be carried out by using the stabilizing subsystem and, upon reaching the parameters of the controlled process of the predetermined zone, it will be switched to the optimization subsystem, which searches for the most efficient gas-air ratio for the current condition determined by the thermal effect from combustion. The use of the energy-saving mixed gas combustion control system under consideration in a single methodical furnace with the capacity of 110 tonnes/h made it possible to reduce conventional fuel costs by 12.4 tonnes/day.

Keywords

Mixed gas, calorific value, air flow coefficient, fuel combustion, energy saving, dual-loop control, extremum control.

Boris N. Parsunkin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1822-2632

Sergey M. Andreev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0735-6723

Irina G. Samarina

Assistant Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0045-9028

1. Genkin A.L., Kudelin A.R. Problems of Energy-saving Control of Sheet Mill. Part 1. Problemy upravleniya [Control sciences], 2006, no. 6, pp. 50-54. (In Russian)

2. Ariyur K.B., Krstic M. Real-time optimization by extremum-seeking control. New-Jersey, Wiley and Sons, 2003. 326 p.

3. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Optimizatsiya rezhimov upravleniya nagrevom v pechakh prokhodnogo tipa [Optimization of Control Modes of Heating Through-type Furnaces]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Publ., 2013, 375 p. (In Russian)

4. Lincheskiy V. P. Toplivo i yego szhiganiye [Fuel and fuel combustion]. Moscow, Metallurgy Publ., 1959, 400 p. (In Russian)

5. Krivandin V.A., Yegorov A.V. Teplovaya rabota i kon-struktsiya pechey chernoy metallurgii [Thermal production and construction of steel furnaces]. Moscow, Metallurgy, 1989, 462 p. (In Russian)

6. Buglak L.I., Volfman I.B., Yefroymovich S.YU., Zakharov G.K., Klimovitskiy M.D., Segal A.M. Avtomatizatsiya metodicheskikh pechey [Automation of continuous furnaces]. Moscow, Metallurgy, 1981, 196 p. (In Russian)

7. Genkin A.L. Information Capacity of Power Parameters in Controlling the Temperature and Speed Mode of Hot Strip. Avtomatizatsiya v promyshlennosti [Automation in Industry], 2008, no. 8, pp.45-48. (In Russian)

8. Arutyunov V.V., Bukhmirov V.V., Krupennikov S.A. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie teplovoy raboty promyshlennykh pechey [Mathematical Modeling of Thermal Performance of Industrial Furnaces]. Moscow, Metallurgy Publ., 1990, 239 p. (In Russian)

9. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Pilot study of efficiency of energy saving optimum metal heating modes. Avtomatizirovannyye tekhnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2014, no. 6, pp. 134-143. (In Russian)

10. Zhu H., Wen Z., Wang X., Xu H., Tao S. Application of optimization technology for ratio of air to fuel combining feedforward with feedback in heating furnace. Journal of Thermal Science, 2002, vol. 11, no. 3, рр. 271–276. doi: 10.1007/s11630-002-0065-6

11. Vasilyev M.I., Vlasov D.L., Vasilyev I.I. Analysis and comparison of the main input regulatory actions on the PID regulator. Avtomatizirovannye tekhnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2017, no. 2(16), pp. 35-39. (In Russian)

12. Kazakevich V.V., Rodov A.B. Sistemy avtomaticheskoy optimizatsii [Systems of automatic optimization]. Moscow, Energiya, 1977, 288 p. (In Russian)

13. Kazakevich V.V., Shcherbina YU. V. On the construction of continuous-discrete systems of extreme control, stable under the action of low-frequency disturbances. Avtomatika i telemekhanika [Automation and Telemechanics], 1979, no. 2, pp. 59-64. (In Russian)

14. Samarina I.G., Tolstova Yu.S., Gazizova V.A. The system of extreme regulation with storing the maximum rate of change of the output parameter. Avtomatizirovannye tekhnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2019, no. 2, pp. 14-18. (In Russian)

15. Parsunkin B.N., Vasilyev M.I., Sibileva N.S. Energy-saving automatic fuzzy pressure control in the working space of heating furnaces. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy, [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2018, no. 2(39), pp. 63-69. doi: 10.18503/2311-8318-2018-2(39)-63-69 (In Russian)

16. Tolstova Yu.S., Gazizova V.A., Mukhina E.Yu. The review of methods and measuring instruments of metal level in continuous-casting machines crystallizer. Avtomatizirovannye tehnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2019, no. 1(19), pp. 21-24. (In Russian)

17. Prasolov A.S., Samarina I.G., Bondareva A.R. Modeling of the extreme control system in the LAD language. Avtomatizirovannye tehnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2020 no. 1(21), pp. 22-26. (In Russian)

18. Yan A., Chai T., Wu F., Wang P. Hybrid intelligent control of combustion process for ore-roasting furnace. Journal of Control Theory and Applications, 2008, vol. 6, no. 1, pр. 80–85. doi: 10.1007/s11768-008-7001-6

19. Tsimbal V.P. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie metalurgicheskikh protsessov [Mathematical modeling of metallurgical processes]. Moscow, Metallurgy, 1986. 240 p. (In Russian)

20. Parsunkin B.N., Bondareva A.R., Polukhina E.I. Selecting the temperature setting for the operational control of metal heating in continuous furnaces. Avtomatizirovannye tehnologii i proizvodstva [Automated technologies and production], 2015, no. 1(7), pp. 9–12. (In Russian)