download PDF

Abstract

The deflection system influences the hardening results of the wheel set plasma hardening unit. The aim of the study is to determine the dependence of the deflecting system impact on the plasma-forming process and the result of wheel set hardening. To analyze and compare the deflecting system parameters, the article uses the methods of simulation and experimental launches on the operating unit UPZG-2P. The operation principle and the main aspects of the plasma hardening unit are described. The control scheme and setting of pulse-width modulation in the Proteus VSMMPLAB environment have been developed and modeled. The control program written in the machine-oriented language, assembler, which rejects systems for experimental launches of the installation, has been corrected. Experimental launches of the plasma hardening unit were carried out in order to determine the correspondence of the required hardening parameters depending on the change in the deflecting system parameters. It is shown that when the shape and frequency of the current change, the hardening parameters change, the dependences of the hardening results and the deflecting system parameters are indicated. After analyzing the obtained parameters of modeling and experiments, it was noted that when the current frequency of the deflecting system changes, the width of the hardened layer changes, the change in the current shape of the deflecting system depends on the energy concentration distributed over the hardening area.

Keywords

Plasma hardening, tread, wheel set, plasmatron, indirect plasmatron, direct plasmatron, deflecting system, frequency, current shape.

Mikhail P. Dunaev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Electric Drive and Electric Transport, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1523-5553

Maksim A. Gladishev

Postgraduate student, Department of Electric Drive and Electric Transport, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mikhail O. Arsentev

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Electric Drive and Electric Transport, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Balanovsky A.E. Feasibility assessment of applying technologies for surface hardening of rails to reduce lateral wear. Svarka v Sibiri [Welding in Siberia], 2002, no. 2(8), pp. 16-21. (In Russian)

2. Leshchinsky L.K., Samotugin S.S., Pirch I.I., Komar V.I. Plazmenoe poverhnostnoe uprochnenie [Plasma surface hardening]. Kiev, TehnikaPubl., 1990. 109 p. (In Russian)

3. TU TsRT-0001-2010 JSC "Russian Railways". Kolesa bandazhie s plazmenim uprochneniem grebnia dlia gruzovih, passazhirskih i manevrovih lokomotivov [Bandage wheels with plasma ridge hardening for freight, passenger and maneuver locomotives], 2010, pp. 5-6. (In Russian)

4. Safonov E.N., Druzhinin I.S., Orlova N.V. Hardening of the surface layer of machine parts with a direct plasma arc. Uprochniaushie tehnologii i pokritia [Strengthening technologies and coatings], 2010, no. 9, pp. 23-30. (In Russian)

5. Colak I., Kabalci E., Bayindir R. Review of multilevel voltage source inverter topologies and control schemes. Energy Conversion and Management, 2011, vol. 52, pp. 1114-1128. doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2010.09.006

6. Nakaoka M., Saha B., Mun S.P., Mishima T.,Kwon S.K. Pulse Width and Pulse Frequency Modulation Pattern Controlled Active Clamp ZVS Inverter Link AC-DC Power Converter Utility AC Side Active Power Filtering Function for Consumer Magnetron Driver. IECON 2007 - 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. IEEE, 2007, pp. 1968-1971. doi: 10.1109/IECON.2007.4460148

7. Villanueva E., Correa P., Rodriguez J., Pacas M. Control of a single phase cascaded H-bridge multilevel inverter for grid-connected photovoltaic systems. Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions, 2009, vol. 56, pp. 4399-4406. doi: 10.1109/TIE.2009.2029579

8. Ertan H.B., SimsirN.B. Comparison of PWM and PFM induction drives regarding audible noise and vibration for household applications. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. IEEE, 2004, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1621-1628. doi: 10.1109/TIA.2004.836316.

9. Nguyen H.V., Lee D. Comparison of power losses in single-phase to three-phase AC/DC/AC PWM converters. 2015 9th International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE-ECCE Asia), Seoul, Korea (South), 2015, pp. 940-945. doi: 10.1109/ICPE.2015.7167894.

10. Wang C.M. A novel single-stage full-bridge buck-boost inverter. Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC'03), IEEE, 2003, pp. 51-57. doi: 0.1109/TPEL.2003.820583

11. Xiao B., Hang L., Mei J., Riley C., Tolbert L. M., Ozpineci B. Modular Cascaded H-Bridge Multilevel PV Inverter With Distributed MPPT for Grid-Connected Applications. IEEE Transactions on Industry Application. IEEE, 2015, vol. 51, pp. 1722-1731.

12. Pykin Yu.A., Anakhov S.V., Naumeiko A.V. Efficiency and safety of plasma-arc cutting technologies of metals. Bezopastnost truda v promishlenosti [Labor safety in industry], 2003, no. 9, pp. 15-17. (In Russian)

13. Balanovsky A.E. Plazmennoe poverhnostnoe uprochnenie metallov [Plasma surface hardening of metals]. Irkutsk, ISTU Publ., 2006. 180 p. (In Russian)

14. Konovalov Yu.V., Gladyshev M.A. Plasma hardening automation. Povishenie effektivnosti proizvodstva i ispolzovania energii v usloviah Sibiri [Increasing the efficiency of production and use of energy in Siberia]. Irkutsk, ISTU Publ., 2014, pp. 83-87. (In Russian)