download PDF

Abstract

A new method for defectoscopy of electrically conductive cable elements is proposed, according to which, using the appropriate spin modulators, directional alternating electric fields are created, which simultaneously affect the controlled cable and the reference additional finite length of the cable segment without defects. Thus, wave processes of polarization of the spin magnetic moments of free electrons at the resonance frequency of this polarization are excited in the electrically conductive elements of the controlled and reference cables and the control and reference signals are recorded in the form of induction emf due to the indicated wave processes by means of corresponding induction sensors. The real and imaginary components of these signals are formed in real time and by the difference values between the material components and between the imaginary components of the reference and control signals, tolerance monitoring of the physical and technical state of the electrically conductive elements of the controlled cable is carried out according to the values of the normalized difference values. A device is proposed that implements the developed flaw detection method and allows for operational control of cable quality. The conducted experimental studies confirmed its high efficiency and reliability of control.

Keywords

Electric cable, electrically conductive elements, non-destructive testing, spin modulator; induction sensor, polarization of the spin-magnetic moments of free electrons, resonant frequency, dielectric constant, specific conductivity, synchronous detectors of quadrature and in-phase components of the signal.

Igor V. Bochkarev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Professor of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering Faculty, Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I. Razzakov, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9873-9203

Ivan V. Bryakin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Senior Researcher, Chief of the Laboratory of information and measuring systems, Institute of Automation and Information Technology, National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7463-8072

1. Nerazrushaiuscshiy kontrol: spravochnik [Non-destructive testing: Reference book] / Under the editorship of V.V. Klyuyev, in 8 volumes. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 2006. (In Russian)

2. Handbook of Advanced Non-Destructive Evaluation / Edited by N. Ida, N. Meyendorf. – Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2018. 1550 p. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-30050-4_13-1.

3. Kholodny S. D., Serebryannikov S. V., Boyev M. A. Metody ispytaniy i diagnostiki v elektroizoliatsionnoy i kabelnoy tekhnike [Test methods and diagnostics in electrical insulation and cable technology]. Moscow: Publishing House MPEI, 2016. 232 p. (In Russian)

4. Tadzhibaev A.I., Kaniskin V.A., Pugachev A.A. Otsenka tekhnicheskogo sostoianiya kabeley i kabelnykh setei [Assessment of the technical state of cables and cable networks]. St. Petersburg: PEIPK, 2007. 173 p. (In Russian)

5. Yakovlev S.G. Metody i apparatura magnitnogo i vikhrevogo kontrolya [Methods and apparatus of magnetic and vortex control]. St. Petersburg: Publishing house of SPbGETU "LETI", 2003. 88 p. (In Russian)

6. Shubochkin A.E. Razvitie i sovremennoe sostoyanie vikhretokovogo metoda nerazrushayushchego kontrolya [Development and current state of the eddy current method of non-destructive testing]. Moscow: Publishing House "Spectrum", 2014. 288 p. (In Russian)

7. Sposob vikhretokovogo kontrolya mednoy katanki i ustroystvo dlya ego realizatsii [Method of eddy current control of a copper wire rod and device for its implementation]. Patent RU No. 2542624. Published 02/20/2015, bull. Number 5.

8. Bryakin I.V., Bochkarev I.V., Khramshin V.R. Development of a new method for flaw detection of electric cables. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2018. No. 4(41). P. 4-10. (In Russian)

9. Bryakin I.V., Bochkarev I.V. Sposob opredeleniya mesta defekta elektroprovodyashchikh elementov kabelya [A method for determining the location of a defect in electrically conductive cable elements] / Patent RF 2701754. Published 01.10.2019. Bull. Number 28.

10. Yakubovsky Yu.Ya., Renard I.V. Elektrorazvedka [Geoelectric Prospecting]. Moscow: Nedra, 1991. 358 p. (In Russian)

11. Libenson M.N., Yakovlev E.B., Shandybina. Vzaimodeistvie lazernogo izlucheniya s veshchestvom. Chast I. Pogloshchenie lazernogo izlucheniya v veshchestve [Interaction of laser radiation with matter. Part I. Absorption of laser radiation in matter]. Under the general editorship of V.P. Veiko. St. Petersbrg: SPb GU ITMO, 2008. 141 p. (In Russian)

12. Bromberg E.M., Kulikovsky K.L. Testovye metody povysheniya tochnosti izmereniy [Test methods to improve measurement accuracy]. Moscow: Energy, 1978. 176 p. (In Russian)

13. Verzunov S.N., Bochkarev I.V. Development of the software component of the locator based on the L KARD E502 data acquisition device. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2018. No 2(39). P. 42-48. (In Russian)

14. Bryakin, I.V. Magnitometricheskie sredstva izmereniya, kontrolya i tekhnicheskoi diagnostiki [Magnetometric measuring instruments, control and technical diagnostics]. Bishkek: Ilim, 2012. 212 p. (In Russian)

15. Bryakin I.V., Dobrovolsky N. The concept of creating an information and computing component of complex systems. Problemy avtomatiki i upravleniya [Problems of automation and control], No. 2. Bishkek: Ilim, 2011. pp. 74-84. (In Russian)