download PDF

Abstract

The article analyzes the energy potential of small rivers of Russia and neighboring countries. It is concluded that the energy consumption of small rivers is many times higher than that of large rivers. This provides a basis for the development of this energy sector. However, the development of small hydropower is constrained by a number of problems. These are environmental requirements, the need for large financial costs for the creation of small hydroelectric power plants, obtaining high-quality electricity with seasonal fluctuations in water consumption. To overcome these contradictions, it is proposed to develop a flexible design system that would make it possible to calculate hydro generators for a particular river in a pre-selected location. At the same time, it is possible to obtain the most efficient conversion of river energy into electrical energy. Amoыng a large number of types of generators as a hydrogenerator of small and medium power, it is proposed to use a generator of the original design. The electric machine in question is a submersible type generator with combined excitation. The resulting magnetic field of the generator is formed from two sources: permanent magnets and the excitation winding. At the same time, the hydrogenerator has a small size, thanks to the use of powerful permanent magnets and a winding for regulating the magnetic flux. As a result, it is possible to adjust the magnetic flux through a low-current excitation circuit. This simplifies the electronic control system of the generator making it small and reliable. The generator has a complex magnetic system, so for electromagnetic analysis, an accurate electromagnetic field calculation program based on the finite element method Ansys Electronics Desktop is used. The task is complicated by the fact that the proposed design is not included in the database of standard designs. There was a need to develop a three-dimensional model based on the primitives embedded in the program. The rectifier and voltage regulator were modeled in the Citrix electronic circuit editor. The characteristics of the generator were studied together with the operation of electronic components. The developed digital model of the generator showed good convergence with the real generator on the main parameters and characteristics. The results of the study are presented.

Keywords

Alternative energy, hydrogenerator, combined excitation generator, reversed design, contactless current supply, digital double.

Dilshod S. Aminov

Post Graduate Student, the Department of Theoretical Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8712-8063.

1. Anastasiya A. and Evgeny N. Timoshenko. “Investigations on Possible Places for Installation of Small Hydro Plants at Municipal Industrial Wastewaters”. 14th International Scientific-Technical Conference APEIE – 44894. 2018.

2. Aminov D.S., Kosimov B.I., Nimatov R.R. The use of small hydropower plants as renewable energy sources. Prioritetnye napravleniya razvitiya energetiki v APK Kurgan, 22 fevralya 2018 g [Priority areas of energy development in the agro-industrial complex Kurgan, February 22, 2018]. Kurgan State Agricultural Academy named after T.S. Maltseva, 2018, pp.70-75. (In Russian)

3. Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I. “Research of water-power parameters of small hydropower plants in conditions of mountain territories”. 2nd International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing (ICIEAM), 2016.

4. Dariusz Borkowski. “Small Hydropower Plant as a Supplier for the Primary Energy Consumer,” IEEE International Scientific Conference on Electric Power Engineering (EPE). 2015.

5. Balagurov V. A., Galteev F. F., Larionov A. N. Elektricheskie mashiny s postoyannymi magnitami [Electric machine with permanent magnets]. Moscow: Energia, 1964. 480 p. (In Russian)

6. Voldek A. I. Investigation of magnetic field in the air gap of single-pole synchronous machines by the method of harmonic conductivities. Elektrichestvo [Electricity], 1966, no. 7, pp. 46-52. (In Russian)

7. Kozachenko V. F., Korpusov D. E. Electric drive on the basis of valve inductor machines with electromagnetic excitation. Elektronnye komponenty [Electronic components], 2005, no. 6, pp. 60-64. (In Russian)

8. Gandzha S., Aminov D. and Kosimov B. Development of analysis methods for claw-pole synchronous motor of the pilger mill for manufacturing of seamless pipes, 2019, IEEE Russian Workshop on Power Engineering and Automation of Metallurgy Industry: Research & Practice (PEAMI)", 4-5 Oct. 2019, Magnitogorsk, Russia. DOI: 10.1109 / PEAMI.2019.8915343.

9. Gollandsev Yu.A. Comparison of mechanical characteristics of asynchronous and thyratron inductor-jet motors. Informatsionno-upravlyayuschie sistemy [Information and control systems], 2006, no. 6, pp. 50-53. (In Russian)

10. Gulyaev I.V., Volkov A.V., Popov A. A., Ionova E. I. et al. Comparative review of synchronous electric motor with permanent magnets and brushless DC electric motor with direct torque control. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik Povolzhya [Scientific and technical Bulletin of the Volga region], 2015, no. 6, pp. 123-128. (In Russian)

11. Opeyko O.F., Ptashkin A.I., Hilmon V.I. Traction electric drive with Sensorless vector control system. Energetika. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy i energeticheskikh obyedineniy SNG [Power Engineering. Proceedings of higher educational institutions and energy associations of the CIS], 2010, no. 6, pp. 37-43. (In Russian)

12. Gulyaev I.V., Tutaev G.M. Sistemy vektornogo upravleniya elektroprivodom na osnove asinkhronizirovannogo ventilnogo elektrodvigatelya: monographiya [Systems of vector control of the electric drive on the basis of the asynchronous gate electric motor]. Saransk: Publishing house Mordovia universiti, 2010, 200 p.

13. Gandzha S., Aminov D. and Kosimov B. “Development of Engineering Method for Calculation of Magnetic Systems for Brushless Motors Based on Finite Element Method,” International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing (ICOEAM), 25-29 March, Sochi, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICIEAM.2019.8742976.

14. Gandzha S., Aminov D. and Kosimov B., “Design of Brushless Electric Machine with Axial Magnetic Flux Based on the Use of Nomograms”, 2018, Proceedings - 2018 International Ural Conference on Green Energy, UralCon 2018 , 8544320, pp. 282-287 DOI: 10.1109/URALCON.2018.8544320.

15. S. Gandzha, D. Aminov, I. Kiessh and B. Kosimov, “Application of Digital Twins Technology for Analysis of Brushless Electric Machines with Axial Magnetic Flux”, Proceedings - 2018 Global Smart Industry Conference, GloSIC 2018, DOI: 10.1109/GloSIC.2018.8570132.

16. Gandzha Sergey, Dilshod Aminov and Kiessh Irina. The development of an engineering technique for calculating magnet systems with permanent magnets 2018 International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing (ICIEAM), Chelyabinsk, Russia 2018. DOI: 10.1109/GloSIC.2018.8570132.

17. Martyanov A.S., Neustroev N.I. Analysis of Electromechanical systems using ANSYS MAXWELL. Mezhdunarodnyi nauchnyi zhurnal Alternativnaya energetika i ekologiya [International scientific journal Alternative energy and ecology], 2014, no. 19, pp. 47-52. (In Russian)

18. Kovalev K., Ivanov N., Tulinova E. Magnetic field distribution in the active zone of synchronous generators with electromagnetic excitation 2017 International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing, ICIEAM 2017 – Proceedings 8076353. (In Russian).

19. Babu B.M., Srinivas L.R. and Bindhu B. A MLI topology with different braking mechanisms employing BLDC drive. IEEE International Conference on Power, Control, Signals and Instrumentation Engineering, ICPCSI. Chennai, India, 2017, pp. 1845-1849. DOI:10.1109/ICPCSI.2017.8392034.

20. Papini L., Raminosoa T., Gerada D. and Gerada C. "A high-speed permanent-magnet machine for fault-tolerant drivetrains", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 3071-3080, Jun. 2014.xico, 2003, no. 4, pp. 1677-1681. DOI: 10.1109/PESC.2003.1217709.

21. Gandzha S., Aminov D. and Kosimov B. “Application of the combined Excitation Submersible Hydrogenerator as an Alternative energy source for small and medium rivers. 2019 IEEE Russian Workshop on Power Engineering and Automation of Metallurgy Industry: Research & Practice (PEAMI)", 4-5 Oct. 2019, Magnitogorsk, Russia. DOI: 10.1109/PEAMI.2019.8915294.

22. Gandzha S.A., Aminov D.S. Development of water-submersible hydrogenerator as a renewable source of electricity of small rivers. Materialy desyatoy nauchnoy konferentsii aspirantov i doktorantov YurGu. [Proceedings of the tenth scientific conference of postgraduates and doctoral students of SUSU]. Chelyabinsk, 2018, pp. 82-86. (In Russian)