download PDF

Abstract

In this article, the results of experimental and analytical research of the electric drive of continuous casting machine and the way it affects the quality of the cast slabs are presented. It is shown that pulling roll barrels deformation, which is bending or wear, leads to the slabs quality reduction since the deformed roll barrels apply additional static and dynamic forces to the slab during crystallization process. The methods that make it possible to estimate the rolls defect influence on the slab quality are presented. As a research result the new technological demands to the continuous casting machine electric drive were designed and tested, which is described in the paper.

Keywords

Continuous casting machine electric drive, pulling out strengths, continuous cast slab quality, pull out rolls, pulling out strength stability.

Sergei I. Lukyanov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Professor of the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics, the Director of Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4685-7627

Dmitry V. Shvidchenko

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Vice Director of OSC «Technoap Engineering», Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3917-9218

Roman S. Pishnograev

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Leading Engineer of OSC «Technoap Engineering», Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8854-5723

Nickolay V. Shvidchenko

Ph.D. in Engineering, Associate Professor, the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Engineer of OSC «Technoap Engineering», Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3917-9218

Sergey S. Krasilnikov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Engineer of OSC «MMK-Informservice», Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3131-7193

1. Niskovskikh V.M., Karlinsky S.E., Berenov A.D. Continuous Slab Casters, Vol 292, Retrieved from www.scopus.com

2. Shevchenko E.A., Stolyarov A.M., Shapovalov A.H. The research of the quality of a continuous cast slab produced in a radial caster with the vertical part. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013. No.1(41) P. 27-30. (In Russian)

3. Margolin Sh. M. Elektroprivod mashin nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok [Continuous casting machines electric drive]. Metallurgy. 1987. 297 p. (In Russian)

4. Lukyanov S.I., Fomin N.V., Vasilyev A.V. Khlystov A.I. Improvement of the continuous casting machines electric drive. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes]. 2014. No. 1(22). P. 18-22. (In Russian)

5. Ustroystvo avtomaticheskogo upravleniya elektroprivodom zony vtorichnogo okhlazhdeniya mashiny nepreryvnogo litya [The control system of a continuous casting machine secondary cooling zone electric drive] / Vasilyev A.E., Lukyanov S.I., Lukyanov V.P., Pat. No. 2164836 RF IC 7B22D 11/16. 2001.

6. Intelligent system for prediction of liquid metal breakout under a mold of slab continuous casting machines / Luk’yanov S.I., Suspitsyn E.S., Krasilnikov S.S., Shvidchenko D.V. // The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2015. Volume 79, Issue 9. P. 1861–1868. DOI 10.1007/s00170-150-6945-1 (Scopus, Web of Science).

7. Strand withdrawal rate stabilization: via the electric drive of the secondary cooling zone of a continuous casting machine / Luk’yanov S.I., Belyi A.V., Logunova O.S., Shvidchenko D.V., Pishnograev R.S., Suspitsyn E.S. // The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2017. Volume 89, Issue 5. P. 1–13. DOI 10.1007/s00170-016-9224x (Scopus, Web of Science).

8. Diagnosis system for electric drive equipment of pinch rolls in continuous casting machines / Luk’yanov S.I., Shvidchenko D.V., Pishnograev R.S., Suspitsyn E.S., Konovalov M.V. // 2016 9th International Conference of Power drives Systems, ICPDS 2016. DOI: 10.1109 / ICPDS.2016.7756722. (Scopus).

9. Improving the quality of continuously cast slabs: by means of the pinch roll drive of the horizontal part of a continuous casting machine / Luk’yanov S.I., Vasiliev A.E., Logunova O.S., Karyakin A.L. // The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2018. Vol. 96 (1–4). P. 1–9. (Scopus, Web of Science).

10. Devyatov D.Kh. Luk’yanov S.I., Logunov O.S. et.al. (2009) Avtomatizirovannaya sistema kontrolya i upravleniya MNLZ [Automated control and control system for continuous casting machines]. Magnitogorsk: NMSTU, 2009. 640 p.

11. Shvidchenko D.V. Ogranichenie prodolnykh usiliy v zagotovke elektroprivodami tyanuschikh rolikov mashiny nepreryvnogo litya. Kand. Diss. [Limitation of longitudinal forces in slab by the pulling rolls electric drives. Ph.D.Diss.]. Shvidchenko D.V. Moscow, 2003.

12. Luk’yanov S.I. Optimizatsiya elektroprivoda tyanusche-pravilnogo ustroystva po kriteriyu kachestva nepreryvnolitykh zagotovok. D.Sc. Diss. [Secondary cooling zone electric drive optimization by the criteria of slab quality. D.Sc. Diss.]. Luk’yanov S.I. Moscow, 2003.