download PDF

Abstract

The quality of electrical energy is a component of electromagnetic compatibility and is determined by a set of characteristics. Deterioration in the quality of electrical energy causes damage to electrical equipment, increases the energy intensity of technological processes and affects people's health. To prevent such consequences, it is necessary to conduct methodological, technical and organizational measures. One of the indicators of the quality of electrical energy in accordance with GOST 32144-2013 is a flicker. In this case, the flicker value is the most difficult indicator of the quality of electricity in terms of calculation. There is an special state standard in which a description of the structure of the flickermeter is given, the technical requirements and test methods for this device are considered. The article provides a comparative analysis of software and hardware solutions for assessing the flicker value on the Russian market. The developed software “Flicker” for the calculation of the short-term flicker value is presented and the main modules of the program are presented. The algorithm of calculation according to the characteristics of an electric steel-smelting furnace is considered, which allows determining the short-term flicker value at the design stage of an electrical engineering complex. The Flicker software algorithm and the method for calculating the instant and short-term flicker value using the database of instantaneous voltages were reviewed. A module for visual presentation of voltage changes and instantaneous flicker values in the form of scalable graphs is presented. The analysis of the obtained calculation results obtained using the developed software is given.

Keywords

Power quality, voltage fluctuations, flicker, instantaneous flicker value, short-term flicker value, weighing filters, «Flicker» software.

Gennadiy P. Kornilov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of the Department of Electric Power Supply of Industrial Enterprises, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2451-3850

Inna I. Barankova

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Computer Science and Information Safety Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6077-6164

Georgy I. Lukyanov

Post-graduate student, Computer Science and Information Safety Engineering Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7010-2243

Alexander L. Karyakin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Senior Research Scientist, Head of the Department of Mining Enterprise Electrification, the Ural State Mining University, Yekaterinburg, Russia.

1. Kartashev I.I., Tulsky V.N. Upravlenie kachestvom ehlektroehnergii [Management of the quality of electricity] // under the editorship of Yu.V. Sharov. Moscow .: Publishing House of MEI, 2006. 320 p. (In Russian)

2. GOST R 51317.4.15-2012. Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Flicker meter. Functional and structural requirements/ Moscow: Standardinform, 2014. 38 p. (In Russian)

3. GOST 30804.4.30-2013. Electric Energy. Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Methods for measuring the quality of electrical energy. Moscow: Standardinform, 2014. 57 p. (In Russian)

4. GOST 32144-2013. Electrical energy. Electromagnetic hardware compatibility. Quality standards for electrical energy in general-purpose power supply systems. Moscow: Standardinform, 2014. 20 p. (In Russian)

5. Novoselov N.A., Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P. Analysis of power quality indicators when designing power supply systems for low-power arc steel-smelting furnaces [Electronic Edition] // Magnitogorsk, 2017. (In Russian)

6. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Shulepov P.A., Petukhova O.I. Options for building a system of automatic control of the distribution of shares of energy resources in arc furnaces // Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2017. No. 4 (37). P. 32-37. (In Russian)

7. Khramshin T.R., Abdulveleev I.R., Kornilov G.P. Ensuring electromagnetic compatibility of powerful electrical systems // Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Energetika [Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Energy]. 2015. Vol. 15. No. 1. P. 82-93. (In Russian)

8. Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P., Karpesh A.A., Spierova E.D. Development of a mathematical model of an analyzer of power quality in accordance with GOST 54149-2010 based on the Matlab software package with simulink application for analyzing the voltage quality in power supply systems of high-power arc steel-smelting furnaces // Aktualnye problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrasovaniya [Actual problems of modern science, technology and education]. 2014. Vol. 2. P. 91-95. (In Russian)

9. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Khramshin T.R. Modelirovanie ehlektrotekhnicheskih kompleksov promyshlennyh predpriyatij [Modeling of electrotechnical complexes of industrial enterprises] // G. I. Nosov Magnitog. state tech. un-ty. Magnitogorsk: MSTU, 2014. 239 p. (In Russian)

10. Kornilov G.P., Kovalenko A.Yu., Nikolaev A.A., Abdulveleev I.R., Khramshin T.R. Restriction of voltage dips in power supply systems of industrial enterprises // Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2014. No. 2(23). P. 44-48. (In Russian)

11. Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P, Khramshin T.R, Nikiforov G.V., Mutallapova F.F. Experimental studies of electromagnetic compatibility of modern electric drives in the power supply system of a metallurgical enterprise // Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta [Vestnik of Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2016. Vol. 14. No. 4. P. 96-105. (In Russian)

12. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Khramshin T.R., Vahitov T.Yu., Yakimov I.A. Features of modeling arc steel-smelting furnace as an electro-technical complex // Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta [Vestnik of Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2015. No. 1. P. 76. (In Russian)

13. Lisitsky K.E. Sovershenstvovaniye metodov otsenki flikera v elektricheskikh setyakh. Kand. Diss. [Improving methods for assessing flicker in electrical networks. Ph.D. Diss.]. Bratsk, 2017.

14. G. Shen, D. Xu, L. Cao, and X. Zhu, «An improved control strategy for grid-connected voltage source inverters with an LCL-filter» IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1899–1906, Jul. 2008.