download PDF

Abstract

The task of this work is to form the function of the poured bulk density of metal scrap fragments in melting facilities workspace. The object of research is the electric arc furnace (EAF). The subject of research is simulation process modeling of material charging into the electric arc furnace. The research was carried out in laboratory of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University and Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works. The methods of systems analysis, cause-and-effect analytic and empirical investigation were applied. In this paper, the description of the group the techniques of metal scrap fragments function construction of the poured bulk density in melting facilities workspace were applied; the description of the technique of the simulation process modeling of material charging technique; the description of metal scrap fragments function construction of the poured bulk density in the electric arc furnace; the description of the algorithm of mechanically worked semaphore signaling to visualize the poured bulk density of metal scrap fragments in melting facilities workspace on the SCADA system at MMK arc-furnace shop. The results of function construction of metal scrap fragments poured bulk density in melting facilities workspace (the bulk density value and properties of metal scrap fragments of melting facilities workspaces) are supposed to be used to create the metal scrap flow simulation modeling system. The metal scrap flow simulation modeling system will help decision making of the scrap fragments dimensions in electric arc furnace.

Keywords

Poured bulk density, metal scrap, electric arc furnace, modeling technique, melting facilities, the poured bulk density of metal scrap.

Vyacheslav A. Oshurkov

Postgraduate Student, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9529-646X

Lyudmila G. Egorova

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8763-9653.

Anatoly V. Lednov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7614-0534.

Ilya D. Antipanov

Student, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Logunova O.S. Technology of data flow research at a metallurgical plant. Informacionnye tehnologii v proektirovanii i proizvodstve [Information technology in design and manufacture]. 2008, no.3, pp. 32-36. (In Russian)

2. Nikolaev A.A. Development of the improved method for the choice of the static var compensator of an electric arc furnace. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2017, vol.15, no.3, pp. 74-94. (In Russian)

3. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Shulepov P.A., Petuhova O.I. Different variants of design of the system of automatic control of power resource distribution in arc furnaces. Jelektrotehnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2017, no.4(37), pp. 32-37. (In Russian)

4. Povolockij D.Ja., Roshhin V.E., Ryss M.A. and others Jelektrometallurgija stali i ferrosplavov [Electrometallurgy of steel and ferroalloys]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1974. 551 p. (In Russian)

5. Kudrin V. A. Teorija i tehnologija proizvodstva stali [Theory and technology of steel production]: Textbook for Universities. Moscow: «Mir», «ACT Publishing», 2003. 528 p. (In Russian)

6. Macchietto S. (2003) Dynamic Model Development: Methods. Theory and Applications, Elsevier Science, pp. 115-118.

7. Sosonkin O.M., Gercyk S.I., Shishimirov M.V. Sposob vyplavki stali v dugovoj staleplavilnoj pechi i ustrojstvo dlja ego osushhestvlenija [Method of steel production in an electric arc steel-making furnace]. Patent RF, no. 2552805, 2013.

8. Sosonkin O.M., Gercyk S.I., Shishimirov M.V. Sposob vyplavki stali v dugovoj staleplavilnoj pechi i ustrojstvo dlja ego osushhestvlenija [Method of steel production in an electric arc steel-making furnace]. Patent RF, no. 2478720, 2013.

9. Savin A.V., Nikolskij V.E. Sposob podogreva metallicheskogo skrapa [Method of metal scrap heating]. Patent RF, no. 2552807, 2013.

10. Sazonov K.E. Modelnyj jeksperiment v okeanologii [Simulation experiment in ocean science]. St. Peterburg: RGGMU, 2011. 93 p. (In Russian)

11. Miller James George, Harding Robert, Michos Demetrius, Pryor James Neil. Zeolite particles for adsorption and/or desorption of gases and liquids. Patent US, no. 54288368, 2017.

12. Hashida Takashi, Yamada Muneto. Scale inhibitor, scale-inhibiting device using the same, and scale-inhibiting system. Patent US, no. 55063877, 2017.

13. Maslov D.V. Razrabotka algoritmov i sistem upravlenija dugovymi staleplavilnymi pechami, snizhajushhih polomki jelektrodov: Kand. Diss. [Development of algorithms and control systems for electric arc steel-making furnaces to decrease the number of electrode breakdowns. Ph.D. Diss.] Moscow, 2014.

14. Mordasov D.M., Mordasov M.M. Tehnicheskie izmerenija plotnosti sypuchih materialov [Technical measurement of bulk material density]: textbook. Tambov: Publishing center of Tambov State Technical University, 2004. 80 p. (In Russian)

15. Bulk and Tapped Density. Analyses for the Pharmaceutical Industry. Access mode: http://www.particle.dk/methods-analytical-laboratory/ (access date: 01.10.2018).

16. Ishmetiev E.N. Calculation of bulk density of steel scrap in scrap baskets using a 3D camera / E.N. Ishmetiev, D.V. Chistjakov, A.N. Panov, E.Je. Bodrov, D.V. Rabadzhi. Chernye metally [Ferrous metals]. 2017, no. 4, pp. 22-28. (In Russian)

17. Dalmaz G., Dowson D., Priest M., Lubrecht A. (2001) Tribology Research: From Model Experiment to Industrial Problem. Elsevier Science, pp. 556-600.

18. Philippe Hendrickx, Mathieu Brochu. (2017) Process-structure-property relationships of the comminution processing of Al scrap. Powder Technology, vol. 320, pp. 202-212.

19. Pavlov V.V., Ivin Ju.A., Pehterev S.V., Macko I.I., Logunova O.S. Influence of fraction composition of metal scrap on operating parameters of the electric arc steel-making furnace. Jelektrometallurgija [Electrometallurgy]. 2011, no. 11, pp. 2-6. (In Russian)

20. Oshurkov V.A., Logunova O.S., Pavlov V.V., Chistjakov D.V., Panov A.N., Shhebleva Ju.V. Influence of fraction composition of scrap on development of flames in EAF. Stal [Steel]. 2017, no. 9, pp. 14-20.

21. TI 101-ST-JeSPC-64 Process instruction «Steel making in electric furnaces». Magnitogorsk, 2012. 44 p.