download PDF

Abstract

The paper describes a new method of non-destructive testing of parameters of electrical cables and wires, which can be used to find and localize defects in electric conductors as well as to determine certain parameters of the discovered defect. In order to implement the suggested method, the quantum-mechanical characteristic of electrons is used, which consists in polarization of spin magnetic moments of mobile electrons in current-conducting materials under the influence of an external alternating electric field. The specified field can be formed by a cylindrical capacitor consisting of two semicylindrical metal electrodes located coaxially to the controlled cable. The region of circulation of spin magnetic moments acting as a harmonic oscillator by means of spin-spin interaction excites a progressive polarization wave of spin magnetic moments in the conductive wire and this wave interacting with the coil of the induction transmitter generates a control signal in the form of alternating electromotive force on the coil ends. Parameters of this electromotive force (amplitude and phase) contain information both about the dimensional characteristics of the current conducting wires and about the physical and chemical properties of the material they are made from. The non-destructive testing is carried out by means of comparison of the control signal with the reference one. The process of the reference signal formation depending on the purposes of the testing is shown in the paper. The suggested method can be used to control the cables and wires made from any electrically-conductive paramagnetic and diamagnetic materials.

Keywords

Alternating electric field source, through-type induction transducer, travelling polarization wave of spin magnetic moments of mobile electrons, control and reference signals, data measuring system.

Ivan V. Bryakin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Senior Researcher, Chief of laboratory of Information and Measuring Systems, Institute of Automation and Information Technology, National Academy of Sciences of Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7463-8072.

Igor V. Bochkarev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Electric Power Faculty, Kyrgyz State Technical University after I.Razzakov, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9873-9203.

Vadim R. Khramshin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Electric Power Supply of Industrial Enterprises, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia . E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0972-2803.

1. Gurevich Yu.E., Kabikov K.V. Osobennosti elektrosnabzheniya, orientirovannogo na bespereboinuyu rabotu promyshlennogo potrebitelya [Characteristic properties of electric power supply of the industrial customer operating continuously]. Moscow: Torus Press, 2015. 408 p. (In Russian)

2. Khorolskiy V.Ya., Taranov M.A. Nadyezhnost elektrosnabzheniya [Reliability of electric power supply]. Moscow: Forum, Infra-M, 2013. 128 p. (In Russian)

3. Redko V.V. Elektroiskrovoy control kachestva izolyatsii kabelnykh izdeliy [Electrospark quality control of cable product insulation]. Tomsk: Publishing center of TPU, 2013. 176 p. (In Russian)

4. Kholodnyi S.D., Serebryannikov S.V., Boev M.A. Metody ispytaniy i diagnostiki v elektroizolyatsionnoy i kabelnoy tekhnike [Testing and diagnostics methods in electroinsulating and cable engineering]. Moscow: Publishing center of MEI, 2009. 232 p. (In Russian)

5. Starikova N.S., Redko V.V., Vavilova G.V. Comparison of Cable Insulation Control in Weak and Strong Electric Fields. Applied Mechanics and Materials. 2015. no. 756, pp. 486-490

6. Blohm W. Advanced on-line measuring and analysis techniques for an economical cable production. Proceedings Intl. IWMA Conf. Economical Processing of Rod to Wire & Cable. 1999, pp. 67-75.

7. Benjamin T.L. Power Cable Diagnostics: Field Application and Case Studi // Neta World, USA. 2004, pp. 1-6.

8. GOST R 56542-2015. Non-destructive testing. Classification of methods. M.: Standartinform, 2016. 12 p. (In Russian)

9. Budadin O.N., Potapov A.I., Kolganov V.I. Teplovoy nerazrushayushchiy control izdeliy [Thermal non-destructive testing of final products]. Moscow: Nauka, 2002. 472 p. (In Russian)

10. Fedorov E.M., Goldshtein A.E., Redko V.V. Methods and instruments of optical inspection of the diameter and the out-of-roundness of electric cables during manufacturing. Polzunovskiy vestnik [Polzunov Bulletin], 2010, no. 2, pp. 141-148. (In Russian)

11. Pribory tekhnologicheskogo kontrolya dlya kabelnogo proizvodstva [Instruments process control for cable manufacturing]. Catalogue of products of «ERMIS-2003». Tomsk, 2003. 16 p. (In Russian)

12. Nerazrushyushchiy kontrol [Non-destructive testing]. Vol. 2. Acoustic control methods. Under the editorship of V.V. Sukhorukov. Moscow: High school, 1992. 283 p. (In Russian)

13. Gerasimov V.G., Pokrovskiy A.D., Sukhorukov V.V. Nerazrushyushchiy kontrol [Non-destructive testing]. Vol. 3. Electromagnetic testing. M.: High school, 1992. 320 p. (In Russian)

14. Bochkarev I.V., Bryakin I.V., Gunina M.G. System of operation monitoring of the technical state of electric cables. Problemy avtomatiki i upravleniya [Problems of automation and control]: Scientific and technical journal. NAN KR. Bishkek: Ilim, 2018, no. 1 (34), pp. 55-63. (In Russian)

15. Yakovlev S.G. Metody i apparatura magnitnogo i vikhrevogo kontrolya [Methods and instruments of magnetic and vortex testing]. Saint-Petersburg: Publishing center of SPBGETU «LETI», 2003. 88 p. (In Russian)

16. Shubochkin A.E. Razvitie i sovremennoe sostoyanie vikhretokovogo metoda nerazrushayuscshego kontrolya [Development and the current state of the eddy current method of non-destructive testing]. M.: Publishing house «Spectrum», 2014. 288 p. (In Russian)

17. Yavorskiy B.M., Detlaf A.A. Spravochnik po fizike [Physics reference book]. Moscow: Science, 1977. 940 p. (In Russian)

18. Agranovich V.M., Galanin M.D. Perenos energii elektronnogo vozbuzhdeniya v kondensirivannykh sredakh [Transfer of electron excitation energy in condensed media]. Mocsow: Science, 1978. 383 p. (In Russian)

19. Smolenskiy G.A., Lemanov V.V. Ferrity i ikh tekhnicheskoe primenenie [Ferrites and their engineering applications]. Moscow: Nauka,1975. 219 p. (In Russian)