download PDF

Abstract

The duration of the restoration of power supply in the non-automated 6-10 kV distribution networks can be in the range of 3-10 or more hours. About 60% of this time goes to the search and localization of the damaged site and only 40% of the time is occupied by repair work. Improving the reliability of power supply is associated with network partitioning with the help of automated decentralized managed reclosers. Depending on the conditions of deployment and the chosen application of reclosers, it becomes necessary to determine the optimal locations for their location in the network. In solving the problem, the definition of optimization criteria is required: the total annual under-supply of electricity; the number and duration of customer shutdowns. The calculations taking into account the influence of the decentralized system of sectioning showed a decrease in the number and duration of cut-offs. Depending on the option of sectioning the lines, the total under-supply of electricity through the grid is reduced by 69.7-83.5%. The results of calculating the parameters influencing the reliability of power supply showed that in various sections of the configuration the reliability of the power supply to consumers of specific sections of the network varies not in proportion to the change in the total under-supply of electricity. Depending on the chosen optimization criterion, it is necessary to adhere to the proposed approaches to the choice of locations for placement of reclosers.

Keywords

Recloser, decentralized control, distribution network, optimization, reliability criteria.

Vasilii G. Sazykin

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, the Department of application of electric energy, Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin, Krasnodar, Russia.

Alexander G. Kudryakov

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of application of electric energy, Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin, Krasnodar, Russia.

Alexander A. Bagmetov

Laboratory assistant, Department of application of electric energy, Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin, Krasnodar, Russia.

1. Vorotnitsky V.E., Vorotnitsky V.V. Reliability of distributive electrical networks 6 (10) kV – automation with the use of reclousers. Novosti elektrotekhniki [News of electrical engineering]. 2002, no. 5, pp. 22-25. (In Russian)

2. Sazykin V.G., Kudryakov A.G. Aktualnye voprosy tekhnicheskikh nauk: teoreticheskiy i prakticheskiy aspekty [Decentralized control of 6-10 kV distributive electrical networks APK. Actual questions of technical sciences: theoretical and practical aspects]. Collective monograph. Edited by I.V. Miroshnichenko. Ufa: AERTERNA, 2017, pp. 64-87. (In Russian)

3. Vorotnitsky V., Buzin S. Reclouser – a new level of automation and control of HVL 6 (10) kV. Novosti elektrotekhniki [News of electrical engineering]. 2005, no. 3 (33). (In Russian)

4. Reklozer vakuumnyi serii PVA/TEL [Recloser vacuum series PVA / TEL]. Technical information TSHFG 674153.101. Change No. 6. Moscow: Russian group of companies "Tavrida Electric", 2007. 82 p. (In Russian)

5. Ray S.; Bhattacharya A.; Bhattacharjee S. Optimal placement of switches in a radial distribution network for reliability improvement. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 2016. No. 76. pp. 53-68.

6. Grishin D.A., Vasilkova Т.М. Economic efficiency of the use of vacuum reclosers series PBA / TEL. Trudy Kostromskoy gosudarstvennoy selskokhozyaistvennoy akademii [Proceedings of the Kostroma State Agricultural Academy]. Kostroma State Agricultural Academy. Karavaevo, 2016, pp. 141-147. (In Russian)

7. Chursin V. Reclosers: how profitable are they? Kabel-News [Cable-News]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 22-23.

8. Kvasha. E.M. Effective innovation, or how much benefit from reclosers? Energiya i menedzhment [Energy and management]. 2009, no. 5 (50), pp. 6-9. (In Russian)

9. Hajivand M., Karimi R., Karimi M. Optimal recloser placement by binary differential evolutionary algorithm to improve reliability of distribution system. International Journal of Information. Security and SystemsManagement. 2014, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 345-349.

10. Abiri-Jahromi A. Fotuhi-Firuzabad M. Parvania, Masood M. Optimized Sectionalizing Switch Placement Strategy in Distribution Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2012, no. 27 (1), pp. 362-370.

11. Wang L., Singh C. Reliability-Constrained Optimum Placement of Reclosers and Distributed Generators in Distribution Networks Using an Ant Colony System Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. Part C: Applications and Reviews. 2008, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 757-764.

12. Maksimov B.K., Vorotnitsky V.V. Evaluation of the efficiency of automatic sectioning of 6 (10) kV air distribution grids with the use of reclosers in order to increase the reliability of power supply of consumers. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical Engineering]. 2005, no. 10, pp. 7-22. (In Russian)

13. Kalentionok E.V. Statistical Analysis of the Damage of Air Distribution Electric Networks. Energiya i menedzhment [Energy and Management]. 2011, no. 4 (61), pp. 15-18. (In Russian)