download PDF

Abstract

The aim of the research is to develop the theory of mathematical modeling for describing the processes occurring during the processing of metals by pressure and the development of software for conducting experimental studies to determine the wear characteristics of the roll barrel of rolling mills; determination of the dependence for describing the shape of the barrel forming roll, taking into account its wear; refinement of the mathematical model of Meltzer-Salganika taking into account the wear of the roll of the support roll. The authors proposed a vector equation for describing the barrel forming roller with regard to its wear. The research used methods of system analysis to study the uneven wear of the roll barrel, methods of statistical analysis to identify cause-effect relationships, methods for constructing deterministic models for describing the profile of the strip, object-oriented programming for the development of basic modules and the software interface. On the basis of algorithmic solutions, software products have been developed to perform a computational experiment to determine the nature of the roll barrel wear. The results of the computational experiment showed a discrepancy with production measurements of no more than 3% and allowed the research group to work out recommendations on changing the values of technological parameters that compensated for the negative effect of wear of the back-up rolls in the production of hot-rolled steel.

Keywords

Mathematical modeling, software, profile definition algorithms, software implementation, the form of the forming roll, the mathematical model of wear, the modeling of deformations and loads of the four-high mill stand.

Oksana S. Logunova

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Iuliia B. Kukhta

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Evgenii Y. Kozhushkov

Lead Engineer, Scientific and technical center, PJSC Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Konstantin Khakimullin

Project Engineer, Hosokawa kolb GMBH, Bonn, Germany. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Christian Brecher, Denis Özdemir. Mathematical modeling of rolling production technology. Springer, 2016, p. 1104.

2. Fabík, J. Kliber, I. Mamuzić, T. Kubina, S. A. Aksenov. Mathematical modelling of flat and long hot rolling based on finite element methods (fem). METABK 51, 2012, no. 3, pp. 341–344.

3. Abeyrathna B, Rolfe B, Hodgson P, Weiss M. An extension of the flower pattern diagram for roll forming. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2015, pp. 1–13.

4. Brodsky Yu.I., Myagkov A.N. Declarative and imperative programming in the simulation of complex multicomponent systems. Engineering Journal: Science and Innovation, 2012, no. 2 (2), pp. 33. (In Russian)

5. Lindgren M. An improved model for the longitudinal peak strain in the flange of a rollformed U-channel developed by FE-analyses. Steel Research International, 2007, no. 78 (1), pp. 82–87.

6. Bin Su, Qingxian Ma and, Zhiqiang Han. Modeling of Aus-tenite Decomposition during Continuous Cooling Process in Heat Treatment of Hypoeutectoid Steel with Cellular Autom-aton Method. ISIJ International, 2014, no. 54 (2), pp. 422–429.

7. Ed. Erika Ábrahám, Klaus Havelund. Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems - 20th Interna-tional Conference, TACAS 2014, Held as Part of the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS, 2014, no. 3, pp. 75–83.

8. Logunova O.S., Matsko I.I., Posohov I.A., Luk'ynov S.I. Automatic system for intelligent support of continuous cast billet production control processes. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2014, no. 74 (9-12), pp. 1407–1418.

9. Safonov D.S., Logunova O.S., Chistiakov D.V. Optimization of nozzle layout in continuous casting machine. Bulletin of the South Ural State University, Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2016, no. 9(1), pp. 114–122.

10. Tutarova V.D., Logunova O.S. Surface temperature analysis of continuously cast ingot outside air/water cooling zone. Steel in Translation, 1998, no 28(8), pp. 18–20.

11. Tselikov AI, Smirnov V.V. Prokatnye stany [Rolling mills]. Moscow. Metallurgizdat, 1958. 432 p. (In Russian)

12. Grudev P.I. Obrabotka metallov davleniem [Treatment of metals by pressure]. Moscow. Metallurgizdat, 1953. 223 p. (In Russian)

13. Chepurkin S.S. Proizvodstvo i obrabotka stali [Production and processing of steel]. Scientific works of ZhdMI, 1960, no. 5. pp. 346–371 (In Russian).

14. Salganik V. Mathematical modeling of roll load and deformation in a four-high strip mill. Metal Forming, 2002, no. 2, pp. 103–107.

15. Vier I.V., Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie deformatsiy i nagruzok valkovoy sistemy kvarto s uchetom asimmetrichnykh sluchaev protsessa prokatki [Mathematical modeling of deformations and loads of the quarto roll system taking into account asymmetric cases of the rolling process. Modeling and development of metal forming processes]: inter-regional collection of scientific papers, Magnitogorsk, 2002, pp. 78–86. (In Russian)

16. Winkler W. DR-Ing. Dissertation der TH Aachen, 1941, 230 pp.

17. Budakva A.A., Konovalov Yu.V., Tkalich K.N. Profilirovanie valkov listovykh stanov [Profiling of sheet mill rolls]. Кiev. Technique, 1986, 190 pp.

18. Shebanyts E.N., Savransky K.N. and etc. Wear of back-up rolls and change of the grinding profile of the work rolls of a skin pass mill. Metallurgist, 1971, no. 11. pp. 42–43. (In Russian)

19. Borovik L.I., Kolpakov S.S. Calculation of the profiling of thin-sheet mill rolls taking into account the wear of the sup-porting rolls. Steel, 1987, no. 12. pp. 44–47. (In Russian)

20. Lyakishev N.P. Encyclopedic Dictionary of Metallurgy. Moscow. Intermet Engineering, 200, 412 pp.

21. State Standard R 19903-74. Hot-rolled sheet steel. Assortment. Мoscow. IPK Publishing house of standards, 2009. 11 pp.

22. Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P., Kukhta Yu.B., Egorova L.G. Quality management of hot rolled products in profile and flatness based on the use of an automated system. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2010, no. 1, pp. 59–62. (In Russian)

23. Certificate no. 2015663617. Program for determining deformation of rolling rolls. Kukhta Yu.B., Egorova L.G. FGBU "Federal Institute of Industrial Property", Federal Service for Intellectual Property, State Registration of Computer Programs, no. 2015660450; Claimed. 02.11.2015; date of registration. 20.02.2016.

24. Certificate no. 2015663617. Program for determining compression regimes in stands of a wide strip hot rolling mill. Kukhta Yu.B., Egorova L.G. FGBU "Federal Institute of Industrial Property", Federal Service for Intellectual Property, State Registration of Computer Programs, no. 2015660448; Claimed. 02.11.2015; date of registration. 20.02.2016.

25. Certificate no. 2014618081. Program for determining the compression regimes in stands of a wide strip hot rolling mill. Poletskov PP, Kukhta Yu.B. FGBU "Federal Institute of Industrial Property", Federal Service for Intellectual Property, State Registration of Computer Programs, No. 2014615850; Claimed. 06/17/2014; date of registration. 20.09.2014.