download PDF

Abstract

The current stage of anthropomorphic engineering development is characterized by its transfer from the industry to the social sphere. However, anthropomorphic robots capable both of interacting with human beings and of substituting human beings in hazardous conditions hold a special place. Their structure, which is similar to the human skeleton, makes it possible to provide similar kinematics and to introduce them easily into the human life and activities.

It is well known that the main functions are fulfilled by the gripper. In most cases anthropomorphic grippers are used in such robots. Their design assumes the maximum match of the freedom of movement to that of human hand. However, providing the same freedom of movement and the necessary power characteristics using modern drives is a complicated task. The authors considered making use of a common drive providing the movement of elements in kinematic pairs with parallel lines of rotation. They carried out analytical investigations of the common drive in the two actuating groups of elements providing movement in one separate group of a thumb, while in the other one simultaneous movement of the fingers. To carry out the kinematic analysis, the expressions of geometric constraints in the vector form were developed, and after that, a system of scalar equations was obtained. The solution of the systems was found using the MathCad mathematical software. As a result, the authors developed the diagrams reflecting the relationship between the angle change and the slide block stroke, the position plans and the paths of junction points of the mechanisms, their angular velocities were also calculated. The obtained velocity plans made it possible to calculate the permissible loads on the actuating group of elements. The described sequence of the analytical investigation makes it possible to carry out the kinematic and power analysis at the design stage.

Keywords

Anthropomorphic gripper, actuating group of elements, common drive, Kinematic and power analysis, sliding pair drive, gripping force

Alexander E. Vasilyev

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Vladimir F. Mikhaylets

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Mechanik, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Anvar S. Sarvarov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Department of Automatic Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Kristina V. Danilenko

Scientific Development and Production Center «Android Technology», Moscow, Russia.

1. Marchal-Crespo L., Reinkensmeyer D.J. Review of control strategies for robotic movement training after neurologic injury. J of NeuroEng Rehab. 2009, vol. 6, рр. 1–20.

2. Wolbrecht E.T., Chan V., Reinkensmeyer D., Bobrow J.E. Optimizing compliant, model-based robotic assistance to promote neurorehabilitation. IEEE Trans on Neur Syst and Rehab Eng. 2008, vol. 16(3), рр. 286–297.

3. Sorokin V.G., Sokhin I.G. Vozmozhnye oblasti primeneniya antropomorfnykh robotov-pomoshnikov ekipazhey v otsekakh perspektivnykh kosmicheskikh kompleksov [Possible application fields of anthropomorphic robots helping to the crew in the future space shuttles]. Manned flights to the space. 2015, no. 4(17), pp. 71–79.

4. Padalka G.I., Dolgov P.P., Altunin A.A. Podkhod k postroyeniyu robototekhnicheskikh system dlya raboty v kosmose [An approach to design of robotic systems intended for operation in the space]. Manned flights to the space. 2013, no. 4(9), pp. 92–94.

5. Bogdanov A.A., Permyakov A.F., Kanaeva E.I., Kutlubaev I.M. Zakhvat manipulyatora dlya raboty v ekstremalnykh usloviyakh [Mechanic arm gripper for operation under extreme conditions]. Reshentev Readings: proceedings of XV international scientific conference: in 2 parts; under the editorship of Yu.Yu. Loginov; Siberian state university. Krasnoyarsk, 2011. Part 1. 218 p.

6. Bogdanov A.A., Sychkov V.B., Zhidenko I.T., Kutlubaev I.M. Sozdanie i issledovanie robototekhnicheskoy sistemy s interaktivnym upravleniem [Design and investigation of the robotic system with interactive control]. Reshentev Readings. 2012, vol. 1, no. 16, pp. 230–231.

7. Zhidenko I.G., Kutlubaev I.M. Metodika opredeleniya signalov upravleniya antropomorfnym manipulyatorom [Method for detecting signals of an anthropomorphic manipulator control]. Mechatronics, automation, control. 2014, no. 5, pp. 41–46.

8. Moroshkin Yu.F. Opredelenie konfiguratsiy mekhanizmov [Defining the layout of mechanisms]. Report of the Academy of science of the USSR. 1953, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 56–58.

9. Zayats V.G. Theory of mechanisms, machines and manipulators: manual for the course work development for student majoring in engineering. Baranovichi: RIO BarGU, 2010. 55 p.

10. Konishcheva O.V., Bryukhovetskaya E.V., Silchenko P.N. Mekhanika. Teoriya mekhanizmov i mashin [Mechanics. Theory of mechanisms and machines]. 2-nd edition, revised and enlarged. Krasnoyarsk: Siberian federal university, 2013. 330 p.

11. Evdokimov Yu.I. Teoriya mekhanizmov i mashin [Theory of mechanisms and machines]. Part 1. Structure, kinematics and dynamic force analysis of mechanisms: a course of lectures / Novosibirsk state rural university. Engineering institute. Novosibirsk: Publishing center of NGAU, 2013. 136 p.

12. Mitrev R.P. Kompyuternyi kinematicheskiy analiz shestizvennogo mekhanizma dlya privoda rabochikh organov stroitelnykh i dorozhnykh mashin [Computer kinematic analysis of the six element mechanism for actuating the working element of construction and road making machines]. 2008, no. 1(11), vol. 6, pp. 81–88.

13. Boyarkin I.V. Tekhnologicheskaya mekhanika odnokovshovykh frontalnykh pogruzchikov [Technological mechanics of mechanical shovels]. Monograph / I.V. Boyarkina. Omsk: SibaDi, 2011. 336 p.

14. Levitskiy N. Teoriya mekhanizmov i mashin [Theory of mechanisms and machines]. Moscow: Science, 1979.

15. Degrave V.S. Osobye polozheniya ploskikh neassurovykh strukturnykh grupp s bnutrennimi vkhodami [Specific positions of flat non-Assur structural groups with inside entrances]. Theory of mechanisms and machines. 2006, no. 2, vol. 4, pp. 81–85.

16. Ashcheulov A.V. Prostye dlya TMM mekhanizmy s vnutrennimi vhodami okazyvayutsya slozhnymi pri proektirovanii [Simple for TMM mechanisms with inside entrances turn out to be complex for design]. Theory of mechanisms and machines. 2003, no. 2, vol. 1, pp. 76–78.

17. Craig J. Introduction to robotics, mechanics and control. Addison Wesley publishing company, 1989.

18. Hiller M., Möller M. Computer-based kinematical analysis of multiloop mechanisms. Proc. of the 22-nd Biennal ASME Mechanisms Conferenceon Flexible Mechanisms, Dynamics and Analisis, pp. 135–142, 1992, Scottsdale, USA.

19. Konstantinov M., History I. Theory of mechanisms and machines. Sofia: Tekhnika, 1964.

20. Frolov K.V., Popov S.A., Musatov A.K. Theory of mechanisms and machines: textbook for technical universities. Et.al.; under the editorship of K.V. Frolov. 2-nd edition, revised and enlarged. М.: High school, 1998. 496 p.

21. Sumskiy S.N. Raschet kinematicheskikh i dinamicheskikh kharakteristic ploskikh rychazhnykh mekhanizmov [Calculation of kinematic and dynamic characteristics of flat lever mechanisms]: Reference book. М.: Machine building, 1980. 312 p.

22. Reference book of a machine builder in 6 volumes. / Lyukshin V.S., Niberg N.Ya., Obmorshev N.A., Pluzhnikov I.S.; under the editorship of N.S. Acherkan. 2-nd revised and enlarged. М.: Mash. Literature, 1955. Vol. 1. 568 p.

23. Bat M.I., Dzhanelidze G.Yu., Kelzon A.S. Teoreticheskaya mekhanika v primerakh i zadachakh [Theoretical mechanics in examples and tasks]: Text book in 3 volumes. Мoscow: Science, 1990. Vol. 1. Statics and kinematics. 672 p.

24. Dyakonov V.P. MathCAD 2000. Saint-Petersburg: Peter Book, 2000. 586 p.

25. Makarov E.G. Engineering calculations in Mathcad 15: training course. Saint-Petersburg: Peter, 2011. 400 p.

26. Bertyaev V.D. Theoretical mechanics based on Mathcad. Saint-Petersburg: BHV Petersburg, 2005. 752 p.