download PDF

Abstract

The forecasting of slab billet heating time in a continuous furnace before rolling enables forming of an optimal power saving heating path of each billet at the moment of its charge into the furnace. The optimal heating mode efficiency depends on the accuracy of the slab heating time forecasting, which is especially urgent amidst rolling mill variable performance. In the context of non-stationary run of a rolling mill and continuous furnace, the involved method provides for the improvement of the heating time not only subject to mill planned shutdown but also taking into account unpredictable emergency and undetected standing time within forecasting billet occurrence in the furnace. The paper gives theoretical and experimental justification of the suggested method of forecasting and improvement of each slab total heating time. Implementation and experimental check of the method revealed that the deviation of the total forecast heating time in the 4 min range is 90.4 % with the variation of the total heating time from 140 to 195 min and 457 slab sample volume.

Keywords

Continuous-cast heating time, slab billet heating before rolling, heating control, billet movement control, continuous furnace, slab billet detection, rolling mill, hot rolling.

Sergey M. Andreev

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N., Akhmetov U.B. Development and research of the system of energy-saving control of billet heating in methodical furnaces of sheet rolling mills. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, no. 1, pp. 122–128. (In Russian)

2. Genkin A.L., Kudelin A.R. Problems of Energy-saving Control of Sheet Mill. Part 1. Problemy upravleniya [Control sciences], 2006, no.6, pp. 50–54. (In Russian)

3. Shatalov R.L., Genkin A.L., Kojnov T.A., Verhov E.Ju., Brazhnikov S.A. The technological complex control "FURNACES-STAN" in the hot rolling of steel strips. Jenergosberegajushhie tehnologii v promyshlennosti. Pechnye agregaty. Jekologija Trudy VII mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii. Nacional'nyj issledovatel'skij tehnologicheskij universitet «MISIS». [Energy-saving technologies in industry. Oven aggregates. Ecology Proceedings of the VII International Scientific and Practical Conference. National Research Technological University "MISIS"], Moscow, 2014, pp. 440–457. (In Russian)

4. Shatalov R.L., Genkin A.L. Energy-saving control as a factor of intensification of production of hot-rolled steel strips. Nauchno-tehnicheskij progress v chjornoj metallurgii . I Mezhdunarodnaja nauchno-tehnicheskaja konferencija. [Scientific and technical progress in ferrous metallurgy. I International scientific and technical conference.], Cherepovets, 2013, рр. 406–412. (In Russian)

5. Genkin A.L. Energy-efficient control of the sheet-rolling complex "Furnaces-Rolling Mill". Stal [Steel], 2011, no. 3, pp. 34–40. (In Russian)

6. Genkin A.L. Energy-saving control of modern sheet rolling production. Proizvodstvo Prokata [Rolled Products Manufacturing], 2008, no. 7, pp. 38–43. (In Russian)

7. Makovskiy V.A., Lavrentik N.N. Algoritm upravleniya nagrevatel'nymi pechami [The control algorithm heating furnaces], Moscow, Metallurgizdat, 1977. 184 p.

8. Andreev S.M., Akhmetov T.U., Nuzhin D.V., Parsunkin B.N. Automated control system of fuel saving in asymmetric heating of continuous cast billets before rolling. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes], 2016, no. 3(32), pp. 60–65. (In Russian)

9. Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Zhadinsky D.Yu., Akhmetova A.U. Optimal fuel-efficient modes of heating continuously cast billets in continuous reheating furnaces. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2015, no. 3, pp. 89–96. (In Russian)

10. Pontryagin L.S., Boltyanskiy V.G., Gapkrelidze R.V. Matematicheskaya teoriya optimalnykh protsessov [The mathematical theory of optimal processes]. Moscow, Nauka, 1969, 393 p.

11. Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Logunova O.S., Akhmetov T.U. Energy-saving optimal control over heating of continuous cast billets. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Springer London, vol. 79, iss. 9–12, 2015, pp. 1797–1803

12. Lee D.E., Kim M.Y. Optimum residence time for steel productivity and energy saving in a hot rolled reheating furnace. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 27, iss. 9, pp. 2869-2877.

13. Buglak L.I., Vol'fman I.B., Efrojmovich S.Ju., Zaharov G.K., Klimovickij M.D., Segal' A.M. Avtomatizacija metodicheskih pechej [Automation of continuous furnaces]. Moscow, Metallurgija, 1981. 196 p.

14. Zuev E.S., Parsunkin B.N., Fomichev A.V. Forecasting of rolling time of slabs on a wide-strip hot rolling mill. Matematicheskoe i programmnoe obespechenie sistem v promyshlennoy i sotsial'noy sferakh [Software of system in the industrial and social fields], 2011, no. 1–1, pp. 119–125.

15. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Optimizatsiya rezhimov upravleniya nagrevom v pechakh prokhodnogo tipa: monografiya [Optimization of control modes heating furnaces transmission type], Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2013. 375 p.