download PDF

Abstract

The paper describes the improved cooling circuit of compressed gas between the groups of compression stages at large industrial centrifugal compressor units, which makes it possible to save the energy required for compression due to subcooling of the gas to the temperature close to the ambient one in winter and to generate electric energy making use of the exhaust the heat in summer. Energy saving effect was calculated due to the use of liquid air separation products for cooling of compressed gases: air, oxygen and nitrogen. Thermodynamic calculation of costs for compression of technical gases for the full cycle of metallurgical production of steel was carried out for different types of drives of centrifugal compressors; the cycle included compression, air separation, blast furnaces operation, gaseous oxygen and nitrogen separation. Estimated specific energy consumption depends on cooling the compressed gas between groups of stages of compression in industrial centrifugal compressor units and the injection of liquid products of air separation in a stream of compressed gas with the type of compressor drives, for example the climatic conditions of OJSC "MMK" location.

Keywords

Energy saving, energy efficient scheme, centrifugal compressor, drive type, compression work, heat, intermediate cooling, organic Rankine cycle.

Yuriy K. Demin. Postgraduate student, Department of Thermal and Energy Systems, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Rezeda V. Khasanova. Master’s degree student, Department of Thermal and Energy Systems, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Evgeniy G. Neshporenko. Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Thermal and Energy Systems, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Sergey V. Kartavtsev. D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Thermal and Energy Systems, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Koptsev V.V. The reduction of energy consumption in the operation of the gas bell-type furnace. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2006, no. 2, pp. 53-56. (In Russian)

2. Nikiforov G.V., Oleynikov V.K., Zaslavets B.I. Energosberezhenie i upravlenie energopotrebleniem v metallurgicheskom proizvodstve [Energy saving and energy management in metallurgical production]. Мoscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 2003. 282 p.

3. Zaslavets B.I. Malafeev A.V. Yagol'nikova E.B. The reduction of tariffs for electricity transmission through reactive power compensation. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 2, pp. 75-80. (In Russian)

4. Kalinin N.V., Kabanova I.A., Galkovskiy V.A., Kostyuchenko V.M. Sistema vozdukhosnabzheniya promyshlennykh predpriyatiy [The air supply system of industrial enterprises]. Smolensk, Smolensk branch of MPEI (TU), 2000. 122 p.

5. Demin Yu.K., Slepova I.O., Khasanova R.V., Kartavtsev S.V. Economical compressors. Energonadzor [Energy oversight], 2015, no. 4, pp. 14-16. (In Russian)

6. Mathew Aneke, Meihong Wang. Potential for improving the energy efficiency of cryogenic air separation unit (ASU) using binary heat recovery cycles. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2015, vol. 81, pp. 223-231.

7. Kosmadakis G., Manolakos D., Papadakis G. Experimental investigation of a low-temperature organic Rankine cycle (ORC) engine under variable heat input operating at both subcritical and supercritical conditions. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2016, vol. 92, pp. 1-7.

8. Voskobeynikov V.G. Metallurgiya stali [Metallurgy of steel.]. Мoscow, IKC Publ., 2005. 768 p.

9. Sperkoch I.E., Kurunov I.F. Reserves of intensification of blast furnace process. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2005, no. 2, pp. 33-37. (In Russian)

10. Sibagatullin S.K., Mayorova T.V. The increase of the gas flow in blast furnace with increased total pressure differential along the height of the furnace. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 1, pp. 14-16. (In Russian)

11. Sibagatullin S.K., Mayorova T.V., Polinov A.A. On the effect of changing parameters of gas state on the value of his work in blast furnace. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2007, no. 4, pp. 34-37. (in Russian)

12. Parsunkin B.N., Senichkin B.K., Andreev S.M., Ryabchikov M.Yu. Increased productivity of the blast furnace in the optimization of automatic control of supply of natural gas and technical oxygen in the blast. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of the Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 4, pp. 63-73. (In Russian)

13. Belyakov V.P. Kriogennaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya. [Cryogenic engineering and technology]. Мoscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1982. 272 p.

14. Evstigneev V.L., Mayorova T.V., Ryabchikov M.Yu. The application of the balance model for the stabilization of indicators of the blast furnace. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2006, no. 3, pp. 30-33. (In Russian)

15. Sibagatullin S.K., Kharchenko A.S., Polinov A.A., Semenyuk M.A., Beginyuk V.A. The results of the joint use of blast furnace coke nut with a simultaneous improvement of a skip coke quality. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2010, no. 2. pp. 24-27. (In Russian)

16. Gladskikh V.I., Grom S.V., Permyakov A.B., Khasanov N.I. Iron ore base of JSC "Magnitogorsk Metallurgical Combine. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2007, no. 2, pp. 13-16. (In Russian)

17. Sahar Safarian, Fereshteh Aramoun. Energy and exergy assessments of modified Organic Rankine Cycles. Energy Reports. 2015, vol. 1, pp. 1-7.

18. Demin Yu.K, Kartavtsev S.V. Evaluation of energy saving potential of the environment in the production of compressed air. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial energy], 2013, no. 1, pp. 6-8. (In Russian)

19. Demin Yu.K, Slepova I.O., Kartavtsev S.V. Saving in the separation of air. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Publ., 2013, no. 21. pp. 290-292. (In Russian)