download PDF

Abstract

Controlled rectifiers of three-phase voltage based on a transformer with a rotating magnetic field where secondary N-sections winding represents N-phase shape like circular winding and semiconductor commutator can be represented by a full bridge scheme. That is why these rectifiers may be controlled by the pulse-phase methods developed for the three-phase bridge rectifiers. One of the new control methods is the step-chord method that will improve the quality of the output voltage and electromagnetic compatibility with the power supply network in comparison with classical control methods. Regulation of rectified voltage Ud while using this method consists in commutative control of the power switches of the commutator various number of the transformer circular winding sections to rectifier common buses. In the process, the step-to-step crossing is accompanied by an Ud-amplitude pulsation change, that causes signal deviation of the control system in these change-point environment, which causes occurrence of low frequency components in the output voltage. The modified step-chord control method, which eliminates the generating of low frequency harmonics by step-to-step crossing is proposed in this article.

Keywords

Transformer with rotating magnetic field, controlled rectifier, control method, quality of rectified voltage.

Igor A. Sakovich. Team Manager, the department of development and implementation of Information Technology, the JSC “Bius”, Severodvinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Aleksander I. Cherevko. D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of Ship Electric Power Supply and Electrical Engineering Department, the North (Arctic) Federal University (NFU), Severodvinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sergey V. Platonenkov. Assistant Professor, the Department of Industrial Automation and Control, the North (Arctic) Federal University (NFU), Severodvinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Senkov, A. A., Senkov A. P., Kalmykov A.N. Mnogofaznyj transformator [Polyphase transformer]. Patent RF, no. 2534218, 2013.

2. Grigorash O.V., Otmahov G.S. Rectifier on transformers with rotating magnetic field. Nauchnyy zhurnal KubGAU [Scientific Journal of KubSAU], 2014, no. 98, pp. 560–570. (In Russian)

3. Cherevko A.I. Elektromagnitnaya sovmestimost poluprovodnikovyh preobrazovatelej i elektrooborudovaniya v avtonomnyh elektroenergeticheskih ustanovkah [Electromagnetic compatibility of semiconductor convertors and autonomy electrical equipment: monograph]. Severodvinsk, Sevmashvtuz Publ., 2005.

4. Limonnikova E.V. Matematicheskoe i fizicheskoe modelirovanie poluprovodnikovih vipryamitelei na baze transformatora s vraschayuschimsya magnitnim polem v sudovih elektrotehnicheskih kompleksah. Kand. Diss. [Mathematical and physical modeling of semiconductor rectifiers based on transformers with rotating magnetic in marine electric power systems. Ph.D. Diss.]. Severodvinsk, 2007.

5. Pisarev A.L., Detkin L.P. Upravlenije tiristornymi preobrazovateljami [Control of the thyristor converters]. Moscow, Energy Publ., 1975.

6. Muzyka M.M. Sovershenstvovanie poluprovodnikovih preobrazovatelei s transformatorami s vraschayuschimisya magnitnimi polyami v sudovih elektrotehnicheskih sistemah. Kand. Diss. [Improvement of semiconductor converters based on transformers with rotating magnetic fields in the marine electrical systems. Ph.D. Diss.]. Severodvinsk, 2008.

7. Platonenkov S.V., Cherevko A.I. et al. Sposob stupenchato-hordovogo regulirovaniya vyhodnogo napryazheniya vypryamitelya na baze transformatora s vrashchayushchimsya magnitnym polem [Step-chord control method of output voltage of the rectifier based on a transformer with rotating magnetic field]. Patent RF, no. 2014123573/07, 2015.

8. Sakovich I.A., Cherevko A.I., Platonenkov S.V. Kachestvo vyhodnogo naprjazhenija upravljaemogo vyprjamitelja na baze transformatora s vrashhajushhimsja magnitnym polem [Output voltage quality of the controlled rectifier based on a transformer with rotating magnetic field]. Electotekhnika [Electrical Technology Russia], 2016, no. 1 (2016), pp. 43–49. (In Russian)

9. State Standard 32144-2013 Electric energy. Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Power quality limits in the public power supply systems.