download PDF

Abstract

The article is concerned with detailed description of the mathematical model of electrotechnical complex «Electric arc furnace – static var compensator». We chose an electric arc furnace EAF-120 (85 MVA) and SVC-100 Mvar as an object of this research. The model was designed with Simulink Matlab application and makes it possible to provide the wide range of research aimed at analysis of the EAF electrical modes and algorithms of reactive power control for SVC. To demonstrate the possibilities of model, the following graphs were obtained for: electrical characteristics of EAF-120; electric arc current oscillations in the phase ''A''; electrical and technological characteristics of EAF-120 with distribution of operating points; total electric arc power during the transition from one heating stage to another; reactive power of the electrotechnical complex EAF-120 – SVC and voltage on the bus bars of indoor switchgear for different regulating modes of the thyristor-controlled reactor.

Keywords

Mathematical model, electric arc furnace, static var compensator, electrode position control system, reactive power compensation, arc currents random disturbances.

Alexander A. Nikolaev

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Head of the department, Department of Automatic Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Vasiliy V. Anokhin

Undergraduate, the department of Power Supply Systems of Industrial Enterprises, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Platon G. Tulupov

Undergraduate, the department of Automatic Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Evtyukova I.P., Katsevich L.S., Nekrasova N.M., Svenchanskiy A.D. Elektrotekhnologicheskie promyshlennye ustanovki [Industrial Electrotechnological Installations]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1982, 400 p.

2. Kochkin V.I., Nechaev O.P. Primenenie staticheskikh kompensatorov reaktivnoy moshchnosti v elektricheskikh setyakh energosistem i predpriyatiy [Application of Static var Compensator in Electric Networks of Power Supply and Enterprises], Moscow, NTs ENAS Publ., 2002. 247 p.

3. Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi L. Understanding FACTS. Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems. New York, IEEE Press book, 2000, 444 p.

4. Gyugyi, L., Otto R.A., Putman T.H. Principles and applications of static, thyristor-controlled shunt compensators, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-97, no. 5, 1978, pp. 1935-1945.

5. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Khramshin T.R. Modelirovanie elektrotekhnicheskikh kompleksov promyshlennykh predpriyatiy [Mathematical Modeling of the Industrial Plants Electrotechnical Complexes], training manual. Magnitogorsk, Nosov MSTU Publ., 2014, 239 p.

6. Nikolaev A.A. Povyshenie effektivnosti raboty staticheskogo tiristornogo kompensatora sverkhmoshchnoy dugovoy staleplavilnoy pechi [Improvement of Efficiency of Static Var Compensator of Ultra-High Power Electric Arc Furnace. Ph.D. Diss.], Magnitogorsk, Nosov MSTU, 2009, 204 p.

7. Kawamura A. An Optimal Control Method Applied for the Compensation of the Fundamental VAR Fluctuations in the Arc Furnace, IEEE Transactions of Industry Applications, 1983, vol. 1A-19, iss. 3, pp. 414-423. doi: 10.1109/TIA.1983.4504217

8. Svenchanskiy A.D. Avtomaticheskoe upravlenie elektrotermicheskimi ustanovkami [Electrothermal Equipment Automated Control]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1990, 416 p.

9. Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M., Akhmetov U.B. Optimizatsiya upravleniya tekhnologicheskimi protsessami v metallurgii [Optimization of Technological Process Control in Metallurgy]: monograph. Magnitogorsk: Nosov MSTU Publ., 2006, 198 p.

10. Yuhua W., Jianlin M. Electrode regulator system for ore smelting electric arc furnace based on active disturbance rejection control technology. Advanced Computer Control (ICACC), 2010 2nd International Conference (27-29 March 2010), 2010, vol. 2, pp. 109-113. doi: 10.1109/ICACC.2010.5487195

11. Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P., Anufriev A.V., Povelitsa E.V. Mathematical Model of Electric Arc Furnaces Electric Circuit with Realization of Electric Arcs Random Disturbances. Prilozhenie matematiki v ekonomicheskikh i tekhnicheskikh issledovaniyakh [Application of Mathematics in Economic and Technical Investigations], 2014, no. 4(4), pp. 260–271. (In Russian)

12. Yakimov I.A., Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov D.A., Kornilov G.P., Anufriev A.V., Gorbunov V.S., Prudnikov E.V. Ways of Improvement of Arc-Furnaces Dynamic Chracteristics. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2010, no. 1, pp. 233. (In Russian)

13. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Anufriev A.V., Lozhkin I.A., Ivekeev V.S., Slavgorodskiy E.B. Special aspects of metallurgical plant MMK-METALURJI electric power supply. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2012, no. 20, pp. 235-238. (In Russian)

14. Kornilov G.P., Kovalenko A.Yu., Nikolaev A.A., Abdul-veleev I.R., Khramshin T.R. Limitation of voltage drops in power supply systems of enterprises. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2014, no. 2 (23), pp. 44-48. (In Russian)

15. Nikolaev A.A., Denisevich A.S., Lozhkin I.A., Tukhvatullin M.M. Investigation of voltage drops’ influence in the power supply system of the "MMK Metalurji" ironworks on the main electric drives of the hot strip mill. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2015, no. 3 (28), pp. 8-14. (In Russian)

16. Nikolaev A.A., Tulupov P.G. Development of the improved control algorithms for ultra-high power electric arc furnace EAF-250 electrode motion system. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2015, no. 3 (28), pp. 20-27. (In Russian)