doi 10.18503/2311-8318-2016-1(30)-34-38

download PDF

Abstract

The object of the study is compensating devices for electric arc furnaces (EAFs). The formula for determining the power capacitor banks as part of the filter was offered. As an example, the research group calculated the required power of the compensating device for complex including an EAF-10 and a ladle furnace at a steel-making enterprise. The main types of compensating devices for arc furnaces are considered in the article. The authors calculated active power losses in the elements of compensating devices and offered the evaluation of operating costs.

Keywords

Electric arc furnace, reactive power compensation, filter balancing devices, static var compensator, power loss.

Kornilov Gennady Petrovich – D.Sc (Eng.), Professor, Head of the department of electric power supply of industrial enterprises, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Nikolaev Alexander Arkadyevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Head of the сhair of automated electric drive and mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Pyastolova Daria Yurievna - student of the department of electric power supply of industrial enterprises, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Venikov V.A., Zhukov L.A., Kartashov I.I., Ryzhov Yu.P. Staticheskie istochniki reaktivnoy moshhnosti v elektricheskih setyah [Static Reactive Power Sources in Electric Grids], Moscow, Energy, 1975, 136 p.

2. Kornilov G.P., Karandaev A.S., Nikolaev A.A., Shemetov A.N., Khramshin T.R., Khramshin V.R., Medvedev A.G. Kompensiruyushhie ustroystva v sistemah promyshlennogo elektrosnabzheniya [Compensating Devices for Industrial Power Systems], Magnitogorsk: NMSTU, 2012, 235 р.

3. Kochkin V.I., Nechaev O.P. Primenenie staticheskih kompensatorov reaktivnoy moshhnosti v elektricheskih setyah energosistem i predpriyatiy [Application of Static Var Compensator in Electric Networks of Power and Enterprises], Moscow, NTs ENAS, 2002, 248 p.

4. Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P., Zaitsev A.S., Skakun S.V., Urmanova F.F. Razrabotka filtrokompensiruyushhego ustroystva dugovoy staleplavilnoy pechi [Design of Filter Compensating Device in Electric Arc Steel-making Furnace]. Elektrooborudovaniye: ekspluatasiya i remont [Electric equipment: maintenance and repair], 2015. no.5/6, pp. 58-63.

5. Fedorov A.A., Kameneva V.V. Osnovy elektrosnabzheniya promyshlennyh predpriyatiy [Fundamentals of Industrial Power], Moscow, Energy, 1979, 408 p.

6. Fedorov A.A., Kornilov G.P., Kleckij N.I. Vybor istochnikov reaktivnoy moshhnosti na osnove tehniko-ekonomicheskih raschetov [Choice of Reactive Power Sources on the Basis of Technical and Economic Calculations], Promishlennaya energetika [Industrial power engineering], 1979, no.10, pp. 20-22.