DOI: 10.18503/2311-8318-2016-3(32)-66-68

download PDF

Abstract

The aim of this study is to provide the theoretical basis of the control capabilities of microinhomogeneity formation using a pulse magnetic field. The results are given for the substance in the liquid state, in particular for iron in the paramagnetic state at the melting temperature. The study presents an analytical derivation of law for determining the number of short-range order atoms depending on magnetic field strength and pulse repetition rate. To obtain the law, the methods of statistical physics, probability theory and mathematical statistics were used. The paper presents the results of the forecast of the effect of pulsed magnetic fields on diamagnetic materials. The results of computational experiments aimed at determining the crystallite size depending on the intensity of the magnetic field are show. These laws are recommended for control of technological processes in production of iron.

Keywords

Crystallization, microstructure, magnetic field strength, pulse repetition frequency, short-range order, nucleation center.

Mikhail B. Arkulis

Ph.D. (Pedagogics), Assistant Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Lev M. Velyus

Ph.D. (Eng.), Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Yuriy I. Savchenko

Ph.D. (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. , Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Yachikov I.M., Vdovin K.N., Tochilkin V.V. et.al. Nepreryivnaya razlivka stali. Raschetyi mednyih kristallizatorov [Continuous Casting of Steel. Design of Copper Moulds]. Magnitogorsk, Publishing center of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2014, 192 p.

2. Chernikov D.G. Development of Physical Method of cast Aluminum Alloys Modification by Magnetic-impulse Processing. Izvestiya OrelGTU. Seriya: Fundamental'nye i prikladnye problemy tekhniki i tekhnologii [Izvestiya OrelGTU. Series: Fundamental and applied problems of engineering and technology], 2009, no.2-3/274(560), pp.87-92. (In Russian).

3. Gluschenkov V.A., Grechnikov F.V., Igolkin A.Yu. et.al. Magnetic-impulse Processing of АК9Т Silumin Melt. Liteynoe proizvodstvo [Foundry industry], 2011, no.9, pp.8-11. (In Russian).

4. Levin M.N., Postnikov V.V., Matveev N.N. Influence of Magnetic-impulse Processing on Crystallization of Flexible Polymers. Vysokomolekulyarnye soedineniya [High-molecular compounds], 2003, vol.45, no.2, pp.217-223. (In Russian).

5. Postnikov V.V., Levin M.N., Matveev N.N. et.al. Influence of Weak Impulse Magnetic Fields of Modified Wood. Pis'ma v zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Articles from the journal of physics for engineering], 2005, vol.31. is.9, pp.14-19. (In Russian).

6. Alekseenko V.I. Influence of Impulse Magnetic Field on Structural State in Oxide Glass. Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Journal of physics for engineering], 1998, vol.68, no.10, pp.50-54. (In Russian).

7. Logunova O.S., Filippov E.G., Pavlov I.V., Pavlov V.V. Strategy of Task Setting of Multicriteria Optimization Charge Composition for Electric Arc Steel-making Furnace. Izv. vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of universities. Ferrous metallurgy], 2013, no.1, pp.66-70. (In Russian).

8. Logunova O.S., Parsunkin B.N., Suspitsyn V.G. Automatic Assessment of Quality of Continuous Cast Billet. Stal' [Steel], 2004, no.12, pp.101-104. (In Russian).

9. Ershov G.S., Pozdnyak A.P. Microinhomogeneity of Metals and Alloys. Metallurgiya [Metallurgy], 1985, 214 p.

10. Frenkel Ya.I. Kineticheskaya teoriya zhidkosti [Kinetic Theory of Liquid]. Leningrad, Publishing center «Nauka», 1975. 592 p.

11. Matveev, A.N. Molekulyarnaya fizika [Molecular Physics. Textbook for technical universities]. Moskow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1987. 360 p.

12. Irodov I.E. Elektromagnetizm. Osnovnyie zakonyi [Electromagnetism. Basic Laws]. Moscow, Laboratoriya bazovyih znaniy Publ., 2001. 352 p.

13. Bozort R. Ferromagnetizm [Ferromagnetism]. Moscow, Inostrannaya literature Publ., 1956. 784 p.