Abstract

Full Text

Excitation systems of known ferro-induction converters (FIC) are considered. A variant of the FIC with a new excitation method based on electromagnetic-acoustic (EMA) and magneto-modulation (MME) effects is proposed. A variant of a constructive solution for a fluxgate sensor that implements the proposed excitation method is described. The physical processes underlying this technical solution are considered in detail. It is shown that in the proposed sensor, five operating modes are simultaneously implemented, accompanied by the corresponding physical effects: 1) the mode of a bridge inductive-capacitive voltage divider; 2) the mode of the EMA transducer, which implements the emergence process of spatially periodic acoustic waves; 3) -transformation mode due to the EMA effect; 4) inductor mode, in which the measuring coils, in addition to their direct purpose, additionally perform the functions of elements for generating an exciting magnetic field; 5) -transformation mode due to MME. The analysis of the emerging physical effects and their analytical description showed that the proposed multifactor excitation mode has the following advantages: 1) significant design simplification due to the fact that the measuring coils combine such functions as alternating magnetic field excitation and information signal recording; 2) increased noise immunity due to making use of measuring coils as upper arms of the inductive-capacitance measuring bridge with the difference signal of its measuring diagonal, which provides in-phase component noise compensation and the temperature drift consequences compensation; 3) hypersensitivity without deterioration in conversion accuracy due to making use of different physical effects during resonance action of corresponding physical fields; 4) lower power consumption.

Keywords

ferro-induction transducer, flux-gate sensor, electromagnetic field, electromagnetic-acoustic effect, acoustic waves, alternating magnetic field strength, eddy currents, magnetic permeability modulation

Ivan V. Bryakin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of the Information and Measuring System Laboratory, Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7463-8072

Igor V. Bochkarev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of the Department, Department of Electrical Engineering, Power Faculty, Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I. Razzakov, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9873-9203

1. Afanasiev Yu.V., Studentsov N.V., Khoreev V.N. Sredstva izmereniy parametrov magnitnogo polya [Means of measuring the parameters of the magnetic field]. Leningrad, Energy Publ., 1979. 320 p. (In Russian)

2. Ripka, P. Magnetic Sensors and Magnetometers. Boston, Artech house, 2000. 494 p.

3. Shcherbakov G. N., Antselevich M. A. Novye metody obnaruzheniya skrytykh obyektov: borba s terrorizmom, gumanitarnoe razminirovanie, zashchita informatsii, control podzemnykh kommunikatsiy, arkheologiya, ekologiya [New methods of detecting hidden objects: the fight against terrorism, humanitarian demining, information protection, control of underground utilities, archeology, ecology]. Mosocw, Elf IPR Publ., 2011. 503 p. (In Russian)

4. Tolmachev I.I. Magnitnye metody kontrolya i diagnostiki [Magnetic methods of control and diagnostics]. Tomsk, TPU Publishing House, 2008. 216 p. (In Russian)

5. Golev I.M., Nikitina E.A. Technical aspects of measuring the earth's magnetic field for solving problems of air navigation. Vozdushno-kosmicheskie sily. Teoriya i praktika [Aerospace Forces. Theory and Practice], 2017, no. 1, pp. 273-277. (In Russian)

6. Golev I.M., Zaentseva T.I., Nikitina E.A., Baklanov I.O. Three-coordinate inductive alternating magnetic field sensor for magnetometric systems of local navigation. Vozdushno-kosmicheskie sily. Teoriya i praktika [Aerospace Forces. Theory and Practice], 2019, no. 12, pp. 91-99. (In Russian)

7. Baranochnikov M.L. Mikromagnitoelektronika [Micromagnetoelectronics. Moscow, DMK Press Publ., 2002, vol. 2, 691 p. (In Russian)

8. Lenz J. E., Edelstein A. S., Magnetic Sensors and Their Applications. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2006, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 631-649. doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2006.874493

9. Tumanski S. Modern magnetic field sensors - a review. Przeglad Elektrotechniczn. 2013, no. 89(10), pp. 1-12.

10. Ripka P. Advances in Magnetic Field Sensors. IEEE Sensors journal. 2010, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1108-1116. doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2010.2043429.

11. Bryakin I.V. Magnetodynamic magnetometer for flaw detection problems. Mechatronika, avtomatizatsiya, upravlenie [Mekhatronika, Avtomatizatsiya, Upravlenie], 2013, no. 3(144), pp. 35-41. (In Russian)

12. Bryakin I.V. Magnetometer with test operation algorithm. Mechatronika, avtomatizatsiya, upravlenie [Mekhatronika, Avtomatizatsiya, Upravlenie], 2017, 18(1), pp. 49-56. (In Russian) doi: 10.17587/mau.18.49-56

13. Hava Can, Uğur Topal. Design of Ring Core Fluxgate Magnetometer as Attitude Control Sensor for Low and High Orbit Satellites. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism. 2015, vol. 28, no. 3, pp.1093-1096. doi: 10.1007/s10948-014-2788-5

14. Bryakin I.V., Bochkarev I.V., Khramshin R.R. Two-Axis Fluxgate Magnetometer with a New Principle of Excitation. International Russian Automation Conference (RusAutoCon). IEEE, 2020, pp. 693-698. doi: 10.1109/RusAutoCon49822. 2020.9208228

15. Bochkarev I. V., Bryakin I. V., Khramshin V. R. Ferroprobe Magnetometer with Preset Excitation Field Induction Mode. International Ural Conference on Electrical Power Engineering (UralCon) IEEE, 2021, pp. 31-36. doi: 10.1109/UralCon52005.2021.9559463

16. Bryakin I.V., Bochkarev I.V. Sposob vozbuzhdeniya ferrozondov i ustroistvo modulyatora dlya ego realizatsii [The method of excitation of ferroprobes and the device of the modulator for its implementation]. Patent RF, no. 2768528, 2022.

17. Gurzhin S.G., Zhulev V.I., Lukyanov Yu.A., Nikitin S.V. Magnitnye izmereniya [Magnetic measurements]. Ryazan, RGRTU Publ., 2006. 72 p. (In Russian)

18. Bryakin I.V., Denisov G.S. Ferroprobe sensor with elastic excitation of the core. Problemy avtomatiki i upravleniya [Automation and control problems], 2017, no. 1(32), pp. 50-59. (In Russian)

19. Sazonov Yu.I. Volnovye elektromagnitno-akusticheskie yavleniya v kondensirovannykh sredakh [Wave electromagnetic-acoustic phenomena in condensed media]. Mosocw, Publishing House of Physical and Mathematical Literature, 2007. 340 p. (In Russian)

20. Novatsky V. Elektromagnitnye effekty v tverdykh telakh [Electromagnetic effects in solids]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1986. 157 p. (In Russian)

21. Kuznetsov A.P., Kuznetsov S.P., Ryskin N.M. Nelineynye kolebaniya [Nonlinear fluctuations]. Moscow, Fizmatlit Publ., 2005. 292 p. (In Russian)

22. Sazonov Yu.I. Hydroacoustic emicons with an active diaphragm. Prikladnaya matematika i tekhnicheskaya fizika [Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics], 2000, no. 2, pp. 41-43. (In Russian)

23. Pryanishnikov V.A. Teoreticheskie osnovy elektrotekhniki [Theoretical foundations of electrical engineering]. St. Petersburg, KORONA print Publ., 2004. 368 p. (In Russian)

24. Apollonsky S.M. Teoreticheskie osnovy elektrotekhniki. Elektromagnitnoe pole [Theoretical foundations of electrical engineering. Electromagnetic field]. St. Petersburg, Lan Publ., 2018. 592 p. (In Russian)

25. Shenberg D. Magnitnye ostsillyatsii v metallakh [Magnetic oscillations in metals]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1986. 680 p. (In Russian)

26. Filippov B.N., Tankeev A.P. Dinamicheskie effekty v ferromagnetikakh s domennoy strukturoy [Dynamic effects in ferromagnets with a domain structure]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987. 215 p. (In Russian)

27. Petrishchev O. N. Ultrazvukovye magnitostriltsionnye volnovodnye sistemy [Ultrasonic magnetostrictive waveguide systems]. Kyiv, Kyiv Universitty Publ., 1989. 132 p. (In Russian)

28. Gurbatov S.I., Rudenko O.V., Saichev A.I. Volny i struktury v nelineinykh sredakh bez dispersii [Waves and structures in non-linear media without dispersion]. Moscow, Fizmatlit Publ., 2008. 496 p. (In Russian)

Bryakin I.V., Bochkarev I.V. Ferroprobe with Multifactor Excitation Mode. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 2(59), pp. 73-83. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-2(59)-73-83