Abstract

Full Text

The paper considers the development of computer 6-mass thermodynamic model of asynchronous motor with squirrel-cage rotor. Computer models of multi-mass thermodynamic models are an integral part of static and dynamic mathematical models, an intensively developing topical field in the automated electric drive. The aim of the paper is to develop a mathematical and computer-based 6-mass thermodynamic model of an induction motor characterized by rational partitioning into thermal masses and heat generation and having a minimum of cross-links in the structural scheme. On the basis of previous papers written by the authors and analysis of papers of other authors, the model structural scheme is offered in which scientific novelty consists in calculation of heat transfer coefficients on the basis of heat generation variables and steady-state temperatures of separated masses. The practical value of the article consists in formulas for calculation of heat capacity, heat transfer coefficients and time constants of isolated masses. Some heat transfer coefficients additionally depend on the engine rotation speed depending on the type of the ventilation system. Theoretical research was carried out using the methods of thermodynamics and the theory of automatic control. The design software Matlab Simulink on the basis of the vector-matrix differential equation was used to calculate the thermal processes. The developed computer program in the article on the example of asynchronous motor 4A90S4Y3 was used to analyze the four different thermal processes in mode S1. The program can be used in the composition of static and dynamic models of an automated alternating current electric drive to calculate transients using tachograms and load diagrams with modes S1, S2, S3 and S6, as well as in the composition of models of load units for testing engines after overhaul.

Keywords

thermodynamic mathematical model, heat generation, losses, induction motor, thermal parameters, computer model

Evgeniy Ya. Omelchenko

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.,https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0547-485X

Alexey B. Lymar

Assistant Professor, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2783-3662

Arslan I. Gibadullin

Graduate Student, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0009-0005-1469-2612

Aleksandr P. Maltsev

Graduate Student, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0009-0008-8687-3051

1. Shrejner R.T., Kostylev A.V., Krivovyaz V.K., Shilin S.I. Elektromekhanicheskie i teplovye rezhimy asinhronnyh dvigatelej v sistemah chastotnogo upravleniya [Electromechanical and thermal modes of asynchronous motors in frequency control systems]. Ekaterinburg, GOU VPO «Ros. gos. prof.-ped. un-t» Publ., 2008. 361 p. (In Russian)

2. Zyuzev A.M., Metelkov V.P. Thermodynamic model of an asynchronous motor of electric drives with intensive heat release processes. Izvestiya TulGU. Dlya Tekh-nicheskie nauki. [Izvestiya Tula State University], 2010, no. 3, pp. 138-145. (In Russian)

3. Zyuzev A.M., Metelkov V.P. Using thermodynamic models to test an induction motor for heating. Trudy Mezhdunar. pyatnadcatojnauch.-tekhn. konf. «Elektroprivody peremennogo toka». [Proceedings of the International fifteenth scientific and technical conference "AC electric drives"]. Ekaterinburg, UMC UPI Publ., 2011, pp. 183-186 (In Russian)

4. Klyuchev V.I. Teoriya elektroprivoda [Electric Drive Theory] Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1985. 560 p. (In Russian)

5. Ilyinskij N.F. Osnovy elektroprivoda [Electric drive fundamentals]. Moscow, MEI Publ., 2007. 251 p. (In Russian)

6. Gao Z. Sensorless stator winding temperature estimation for induction machines. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006.

7. Anuchin A.S. Dual Mass Thermal Model for Energy Efficient Choice of Induction Motor. Trudy VII Mezhdunarodnoj konferencii po avtomatizirovannomu elektroprivodu [Proceedings of the VII International (VIII All-Russian) scientific and technical conference on safe electric drive]. Ivanovo, Ivanovo State Power Engineering University named after V.I. Lenin Publ., 2012, pp. 179-183. (In Russian)

8. Borisenko A.I., Kostikov O.N., Yakovlev A.I. Ohlazhdenie promyshlennyh elektricheskih mashin [Cooling of industrial electrical machines]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1983. 293 p. (In Russian)

9. Omelchenko E.Ya., Agapitov E.B., Moiseev V.O. Thermodynamic model of an induction motor. Vestnik MGTU [Bulletin of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2012, no. 37, pp. 67-70. (In Russian)

10. Omelchenko E.Ya., Moiseev V.O., Telezhkin O.A., Bonda-renko V.A. 7-massovaya matematicheskaya termodinamiche-skaya model asinhronnogo dvigatelya s korotkozamknutym rotorom [7-mass mathematical thermodynamic model of an induction motor with a squirrel-cage rotor]. Computer program RF, no. 2013661741, 2013.

11. Sipajlov G.A., Sannikov D.I., Zhadan V.A. Teplovye, gidravlicheskie i aerodinamicheskie raschety v elektriche-skih mashinah [Thermal, hydraulic and aerodynamic calculations in electric machines]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1989. 239 p. (In Russian)

12. Petushkov M.Yu. Thermal model of an induction motor Izvestiya vuzov. Severokavkazskij region. Tekhniche-skienauki [Scientific journal Bulletin of Higher Educational Institutions of North Caucasus region], 2011, no. 4, pp. 48-50. (In Russian)

13. Staton D., Cavagnino A. Convection heat transfer and flow calculation suitable for nalytical modeling of electrical machines Available at: http://www.motor-de-sign.com/cmsAdmin/uploads/iecon_2006_conv_and_flow.pdf (accessed 15 January 2023)

14. Kravchik A.E., Shlaf M.M., Afonin V.I., Sobolenskaya E.A. Asinhronnye dvigateli serii 4A [4A Series Induction Motors]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1982. 504 p. (In Russian)

15. Sarvarov A.S., Omelchenko E.Ya. Method for calculating losses in steel in the analysis of electromagnetic processes in asynchronous machines. Izvestiya vuzov. Problemy energetiki [Power engineering: research, equipment, technology], 2011, no. 1, 2, pp. 101-108. (In Russian)

16. Chernyh I.V. SIMULINK: sreda sozdaniya inzhenernyh prilozhenij [SIMULINK environment for creating engineering applications]. Moscow, DIA-LOG-MIFI Publ., 2004. 496 p. (In Russian)

17. Braslavskij I.Ya., Ishmatov Z.Sh., Polyakov V.N. Energosberegayushchij asinhronnyj elektroprivod [Energy-saving asynchronous electric drive]. Akademiya Publ., 2004. 256 p. (In Russian)

18. Bugaev G.A., Leontyev A.N., Yerohin E. Yu., Pavlova D.V. Mathematical models of heating and cooling of asynchronous motors for microprocessor protection relays. Elektromehanika [Bulletin of Higher Educational Institutions. Electromechanics], 2001, no. 2, pp. 51-54. (In Russian)

Omelchenko E.Ya., Lymar A.B., Gibadullin A.I., Maltsev A.P. Multi-Mass Thermodynamic Model of Induction Motor. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 2(59), pp. 43-48. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-2(59)-43-48