Abstract

Full Text

The variety of microprocessor relay protection terminals today requires the engineer to know the features of the methods for calculating relay protection settings based on each of the terminals. Such features include, for example, return factors, requirements for measuring equipment, as well as step and range, adjustment of setpoints. Several manufacturers of microprocessor relay protection devices offer designers their own systems for automated calculation of settings. However, each of these systems has its own logic for presenting the initial data, which also creates certain difficulties in performing calculations. Thus, the urgent problem is to develop an integrated system for automated calculation of relay protection settings, which allows, based on the initial data on the equivalent of the electrical network and the parameters of the main equipment of the substation, to calculate the short-circuit currents in the maximum and minimum modes and determine the protection operation settings based on various microprocessor terminals, taking into account their technical features. This paper presents a system for automated calculation of protection settings for a 6 (10) kV power line based on microprocessor terminals manufactured by STC Mekhanotronika LLC, RADIUS Avtomatika JSC, EKRA Research and Production Enterprise LLC and Schneider Electric JSC. The authors have developed algorithms for automated calculation of the maximum current protection and current cutoff settings based on the indicated protection terminals. And also, a software implementation of these algorithms was performed and an example of calculating the settings using the developed software package was given. The algorithms provide for the generation of warnings for the calculator about non-compliance with the requirements for protection sensitivity, going beyond the range of setting adjustment.

Keywords

computer-aided design system, relay protection, settings, sensitivity, overcurrent protection, current cutoff

Evgeniya A. Panova

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Electric Power Supply of Industrial Enterprises, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, Electrical Power Engineering Department, Tobolsk Industrial Institute, Tobolsk Branch of the Industrial University of Tyumen, Tobolsk, Russia. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9392-3346

Arslan I. Khismatullin

Student, Department of Electric Power Supply of Industrial Enterprises, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Sergey M. Andreev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department, Automated Control Systems Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0735-6723

1. Magomedov M. Sh., Ganoshina M.O., Khlebnikova M.V. Automation of design of terminal microprocessor relay protection "Sirius" for overhead and cable power lines // Molodoj issledovatel' Dona [Don's young explorer], 2019, no. 1(16), pp. 56-59. EDN: VUAKHY.

2. Voloshin A.A., Kovalenko A.I., Degtjarev D.A., Danilov S.A. Automated system for calculating the parameters of the operation of the relay protection and automation equipment. Relejshhik [Protection engineer], 2021, no. 2(40), pp. 30-34. EDN: BSVWVW.

3. Sharygin M.V., Vukolov V.Ju., Petrov A.A. Algorithm of automatic adaptation of multidimensional relay protection setpoints to the configurable power distribution network. Vestnik NGIJeI [Bulletin NGIEI], 2020, no. 11(114), pp. 65-78. doi: 10.24411/2227-9407-2020-10106. EDN: ABHCUE

4. Bazyl' I.M., Verizhnikov A.V. Tendencies of development of microprocessor relay protection. Izvestija Tul'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Tehnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya Tula State University], 2018, no. 12, pp. 186-189. EDN: YTEKKT.

5. Andreev M.V., Suvorov A.A., Kievec A.V., Rudnik V.E. Digital transformer differential protection setting using its mathematical models. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2020, vol. 24, no. 1(150), pp. 85-96. doi: 10.21285/1814-3520-2020-1-85-96. EDN: OWOSTR.

6. Shirokov O.G., Kapanskij A.A., Moroz D.R., Fikov A.S. Automation of calculations of relay protection settings in distribution networks of industrial enterprises. Vestnik Gomel'skogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta im. P.O. Suhogo [Bulletin of the Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel], 2011, no. 1(44), pp. 79-85. EDN: OIPXXU.

7. Macgregor D., Tirupati V., Patterson R. Automatic calculation of relay settings for a blocking pilot scheme. 18th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution. IEEE, 2005, vol. 3, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1049/cp:20051173

8. Penthong T., Hongesombut K. An efficient method of automatic distance relay settings for transmission line protection. International Conference of IEEE Region 10 (TENCON). IEEE, 2013. Pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/TENCON.2013.6718905

9. Voloshin E.A., Sazanov V.S., Degtjarev D.A., Danilov S.A., Voloshin A.A., Lebedev A.A., Kovalenko A.I. Avtomatizirovannaja sistema rascheta parametrov srabatyvanija RZA v mikrojenergosisteme [Automated system for calculating the parameters of operation of relay protection and automation devices in a micropower system]. Computer program RF, no. 2021668958, 2021.

10. Sazykin V.G., Bagmetov A.A. Cifrovoj dvojnik «prototip-jekzempljar» raspredelitel'noj jelektricheskoj seti naprjazheniem 6-10-35 kV [Digital twin "prototype-instance" of the electrical distribution network with a voltage of 6-10-35 kV]. Patent RF, no. 2021619486, 2021

11. Shurupov A.A., Rybalkin A.D. Vybor ustavok tokovyh zashhit silovogo transformatora [Selection of settings for current protection of a power transformer]. Computer program RF, no. 2018617233, 2018.

12. Programma avtomatizirovannogo rascheta ustavok relej-noj zashhity i avtomatiki+ («PARUS RZA +») [The program for the automated calculation of settings for relay protection and automation + ("PARUS RZA +")]. Computer program RF, no. 2013612412, 2013.

13. Solov'jov A.L., Ivanov I.V., Sel'kov E.A. Standart organizacii STO DIVG-059-2017. Relejnaja zashhita raspredelitel'nyh setej 6-10 kV: Raschjot ustavok, Metodicheskie ukazanija [Organizational standard STO DIVG-059-2017. Relay protection of distribution networks 6-10 kV: Calculation of settings, Guidelines]. Saint Petersburg, OOO STC Mekhanotronika Publ., 2017. 74 p.

14. Barabanov Ju.A. Vybor ustavok srabatyvanija mikroprocessornyh terminalov relejnoj zashhity i avtomatiki serii «Sirius» dlja raspredelitel'nyh setej 6-35 kV [Selection of operation settings for microprocessor terminals of relay protection and automation of the Sirius series for distribution networks 6-35 kV]. Moscow, CJSC RADIUS Avtomatika, 2013. 87 p.

15. Rekomendatsiya k raschetu i vyboru ustavok RZA ustroystv serii EKRA 217 proizvodstva OOO NPP «EKRA» ob"ektov stantsiy napryazheniem 6-35 kV [15. Recommendation for the calculation and selection of relay protection and automation settings for devices of the EKRA 217 series manufactured by NPP EKRA LLC for objects of stations with a voltage of 6-35 kV]. Cheboksary, OOO NPP EKRA Publ. 68 p. Available at: https://ekra.ru/product/rza-og/t-rza/ekra-217/ (accessed 02 May 2023)

16. Solov'ev A.L. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po vyboru kharakteristik i ustavok zashchity elektrooborudovaniya s ispol'zovaniem mikroprotsessornykh terminalov serii Sepam proizvodstva Schneider Electric [Guidelines for the selection of characteristics and settings for the protection of electrical equipment using microprocessor terminals of the Sepam series manufactured by Schneider Electric]. Saint Petersburg, JSC "Schneider Electric" Publ., 2006. 74 p.

17. Igumenshchev V.A., Oleynikov V.K., Patshin N.T., Panova E.A. Releynaya zashchita i avtomatika ponizitel'nykh podstantsiy promyshlennogo predpriyatiya [Relay protection and automation of step-down substations of an industrial enterprise]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2014. 108 p.

Panova E.A., Khismatullin A.I., Andreev S.M. Development of a System for Integrated Automated Calculation of Relay Protection Settings for a Line with a Voltage of 6(10) kV. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 2(59), pp. 33-42. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-2(59)-33-42