Abstract

Full Text

Currently, the task of modernizing inefficient fuel generation of electricity in isolated and hard-to-reach regions of the Russian Federation is urgent. The paper analyzes renewable wind and solar energy resources in hard-to-reach areas of the Far North (or/and Siberia). Based on this analysis, the optimal configuration of a hybrid autonomous power supply system has been determined, which contains two wind turbines and an array of solar photovoltaic panels. In order to verify the optimal configuration and parametric optimization, a simulation model of the proposed hybrid wind-solar energy system was developed in MatLab/Simulink environment. The simulation model was investigated under various conditions and in typical scenarios of the autonomous energy system. The research results show that the addition of photovoltaic modules to the wind power plant made it possible to increase the output power, which improves the reliability of power supply. In addition, the quality of electricity supply improves. The transition mode runs fast enough, no more than 0.002 seconds, and in steady-state mode, the effective value of the three-phase voltage is 220 V.

Keywords

isolated power system, wind power plant, simulation, simulation model, solar panel, power, simulation

Alexander A. Evdokimov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Radio Electronics and Electric Power Engineering, Surgut State University, Surgut, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7818-3351

Victor I. Charykov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Higher Education Department, Kurgan Railway Transport Institute, Branch of the Ural State University of Railway Transport, Kurgan, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6434-3825

Robert R. Sattarov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Electrical Equipment of Enterprises, Ufa State Petroleum Technical University, Ufa, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9624-965X

1. Vozobnovlyayemaya energiya v Rossii. Ot vozmozhnosti k realizatsii [Renewable energy in Russia. From Possibility to realization]. Moscow, International Energy Agency Publ., 2004. 120 p. (In Russian)

2. Solomin E.V., Sirotkin E.A. The state of development of the world wind industry. Alternativnaya energetika i ekologiya [Alternative Energy and Ecology], 2014, no. 5(145), pp. 20–25. (In Russian)

3. Bezrukikh P.P. Spravochnik po resursam vozobnovlyayemykh istochnikov energii Rossii i mestnym vidam topliva (pokazateli po territoriyam) [Handbook of renewable energy resources of Russia and local fuels (Territory indicators)]. Moscow, IAC Energy Publ., 2007. 272 p. (In Russian)

4. Skhema i programma razvitiya elektroenergetiki Khanty-Mansiyskogo avtonomnogo okruga – Yugry na period do 2025 g.: utv. gubernatorom Khanty-Mans. avt. okruga – Yugry N.V. Komarovoy (Scheme and program of the electric power industry development in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Yugra for the period up to 2025, approved by the Governor of the Autonomous Region - Ugra N.V. Komarova). Department of Communal Complex Housing and Energy of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra. Available at: URL:https://depjkke.admhmao.ru/deyatelnost/energetika/elektroenergetika/ob-utverzhdenii-skhemy-i-programmy-azvitiya-elektroenergetiki-khanty-mansiyskogo-avtonomnogo-okruga/sipr-na-period-do-2025-goda/4249235/skhema-i-programma-razvitiya-elektroenergetiki-khanty-mansiyskogo-avtonomnogo-okruga-yugry-na-period/ (accessed 16 April 2023).

5. Kashkarov A.P. Vetrogeneratory, solnechnyye batarei i drugiye poleznyye konstruktsii [Wind generators, solar batteries and other useful structures]. Moscow, DMK Press Publ., 2011. 144 p. (In Russian)

6. Plan meropriyatiy po modernizatsii neeffektivnoy dizelnoy (mazutnoy, ugolnoy) generatsii v izolirovannykh i trudnodostupnykh territoriyakh,utv. Zam. Pred. Pravitelstva D. Kozakom 15 avg. 2019 g. № 7456P-P9 (Action plan for the modernization of inefficient diesel (fuel oil, coal) generation in isolated and hard-to-reach areas, approved by the Deputy Prime Minister D. Kozak 15 Aug. 2019 no. 7456P-P9). Ministry of Energy of Russia. Available at: URL:https://minenergo.gov.ru/view-pdf/16540/108073 (accessed 16 April 2023)

7. Lukutin B.V., Muravlev I.O., Plotnikov I.A. Sistemy elektrosnabzheniya s vetrovymi i solnechnymi elektrostantsiyami [Power supply systems with wind and solar power plants]. Tomsk, Tomsk Polytechnic University Publ., 2015. 128 p. (In Russian)

8. Ismagilov F.R., Sattarov R.R., Gaysin B.M., Gumerova M.B., Andronikov D.A. Characteristics of autonomous power sources based on photoelectric modules in the conditions of the middle latitudes of Russia. Elektrotekhnicheskiye i informatsionnyye kompleksy i sistemy [Electrical and data processing facilities and systems], 2015, no. 1, vol. 11. pp. 52–58. (In Russian)

9. Ignatiev S.G., Evdokimov A.A. Tikhokhodnyy elektricheskiy generator na postoyannykh magnitakh [Low-speed electric generator on permanent magnets]. Patent RF, no. 2602802, 2016.

10. Butorin V.A., Charykov V.I., Moshkin V.I. Energosberezheniye: teoriya, praktika [Energy saving: theory, practice]. Kurgan, Kurgan State University Publ., 2019. 146 p. (In Russian)

11. Yanson R.A. Vetroustanovki [Wind Turbines]. Moscow, Bauman State Technical University Publ., 2007. 14 p. (In Russian)

12. Evdokimov A.A., Charykov V.I., Sattarov R.R., Kopytin I.I. Determination of constructive parameters of a wind power plant for power supply of remote agricultural facilities. Vestnik Kurganskoy GSKhA [Bulletin of the Kurgan State Agricultural Academy], 2022, no. 4(44), pp. 66–72. (In Russian)

Evdokimov A.A., Charykov V.I., Sattarov R.R. Parametric Identification of a Hybrid Power Plant. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 2(59), pp. 20-25. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-2(59)-20-25