Abstract

Full Text

Reactive power compensation in power supply systems of industrial enterprises can be carried out by operated synchronous motors. However, for their effective use, it is necessary to accurately determine the loss of active power depending on the operating modes of these motors. The purpose of the work was to develop a methodology, algorithm and program for assessing the state of a synchronous motor when changing control actions. For a synchronous motor, control actions mean the excitation current and voltage of the stator windings. The assessment of the synchronous motor state and the study of the regulatory effects of control actions on the basis of the developed methodology and algorithm, as well as the existing method of conducting a complete factor experiment is implemented on a computer program. The condition assessment was carried out for a high-voltage synchronous motor of the DSM 260/39-36 brand with a voltage of 6 kV, in which a change in the excitation current can be provided by an excitation control system, and a change in the voltage of the stator coil, a voltage regulation device under load (RPN), a transformer of the main step-down substation of an industrial enterprise that supplies the distribution electrical network the power supply system to which the synchronous motor is connected. The study of the regulatory effects of the control actions of a synchronous motor has shown that reactive power compensation when regulating the excitation current or voltage of the stator windings has different efficiency in terms of the active power cost for the reactive power generation, and the regulation of the voltage of the stator windings can significantly reduce these costs. The presented method of condition assessment allows us to consider synchronous motors as an active element of the power supply system of an industrial enterprise, or a group of active elements for solving a wide range of power supply tasks.

Keywords

synchronous motor, active power losses, excitation current, stator winding voltage, active power, reactive power, mathematical model, algorithm, program, control actions, control effect

Gennadiy A. Pilyugin

Assistant Professor, Department of Electric Power Industry, Polytechnical Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6073-9542

Vasiliy I. Panteleev

D.Sc. (Engineering), Head of the Department , Department of Electric Power Industry, Polytechnical Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8676-3177

Aleksey N. Filatov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Electric Power Industry, Polytechnical Institute of Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Litvak L.V. Ratsionalnaya kompensatsiya reaktivnykh nagruzok na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh [Rational compensation of reactive loads at industrial enterprises]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1963. 256 p. (In Russian)

2. Syromyatnikov I.A. Rezhimy raboty asinkhronnykh i sinkhronnykh dvigateley [Operating modes of asynchronous and synchronous motors]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1984. 240 p. (In Russian)

3. Nikulin I.A. Calculation of the excitation mode of a synchronous motor providing a minimum of power losses. Elektrichestvo [Elektrichestvo], 1965, no 4, pp. 8-13. (In Russian)

4. Vershinin P.P. Povyshenie effektivnosti rezhimov peredachi i potrebleniya elektroenergii v otraslyakh tyazheloy promyshlennosti na baze kompleksnogo ispolzovaniya sinkhronnogo dvigatelya. Doct. Diss. [Improving the efficiency of transmission modes and electricity consumption in heavy industries based on the integrated use of a synchronous motor. Doct. Diss.]. Dneprodzerzhinsk, 1984. (In Russian)

5. Arkhipenko V.V. Method for determining active power losses in a synchronous motor. Elektrichestvo [Elektrichestvo], 1973, no 2, pp. 12-14. (In Russian)

6. Filatov A.N., Sizganova E.Yu., Panteleev V.I., Petukhov R.A., Pilyugin G.A. Static characteristics and methods for calculating the steady-state operating modes of a synchronous motor. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Engineering&Technologies, 2015, no 6, pp. 795-801. (In Russian)

7. Arushanyan I.O. Chislennye algoritmy resheniya nelineynykh uravneniy [Numerical algorithms for solving nonlinear equations]. Moscow, Moscow State University Moscow State University Publ., 2018. 39 p. (In Russian)

8. Gur'ev E.K., Nikulin A.M. Iteratsionnye metody resheniya nelineynykh uravneniy [Iterative methods for solving nonlinear equations]. Moscow, MATI Publ., 2005. 176 p. (In Russian)

9. Panteleev V.I., Filatov A.N., Pilyugin G.A. Otsenka sostoyaniya sinkhronnogo dvigatelya [Synchronous motor condition assessment]. Computer program RF, no. 2021680084, 2021.

10. Pilyugin G.A., Panteleev V.I., Filatov A.N. Simulation of a synchronous motor as an active-adaptive element of the power supply system of an industrial enterprise. Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya energetiki, elektrotekhniki i energoeffektivnosti: materialy V Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Materials of the V International Scientific and Technical Conference "Problems and prospects for the development of energy, electrical engineering and energy efficiency"]. Cheboksary, Ulanov Chuvash State University Publ., 2021, pp. 55-60. (In Russian)

Pilyugin G.A., Panteleev V.I., Filatov A.N. Method for Assessing the Synchronous Motor State when Control Actions Change. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 1(58), pp. 84-91. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-1(58)-84-91