Abstract

Full Text

The energy recovery flows in the rolling stock of mountain electric transport during braking are considered. The influence of the network load power on the useful recovered energy flow directions during rolling stock braking is determined. The energy consumption coefficient for traction and non-traction needs is derived as an intrinsic characteristic of the system for performing transport work in the GET. The change in the energy recuperation flow patterns during charging of a stationary energy storage device in the contact network is analyzed. The effect of additional energy saving by a stationary storage device, not previously described in the literature, has been revealed in addition to the fact that it supplies previously stored energy of excessive recovery to the load in the contact network. Additional useful utilization of the mobilized excess energy recovery occurs during the drive charging, when part of it is consumed directly, i.e. without staying in the drive, by the network load, which does not occur without the stationary drive presence. This phenomenon has been given the name "BCF effect". The basis is laid for the method for calculating the direct consumption amount by the network load of the mobilized excess recovery during the drive charging at the current level of accounting tools development and application.

Keywords

regenerative braking, recuperative energy flows, useful and excess energy recovery, stationary storage, contact network, traction substation, rolling stock, traction load, non-traction load

Aleksandr V. Katsay

Ph.D. (Philology), CEO, Kinemak LLC, Moscow, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Maksim V. Shevlyugin

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Head of the Department, Department of Electric Transport Power Engineering, Russian University of Transport, Moscow, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3300-5193

1. Biryukov V.V. Energosberezhenie na elektricheskom transporte [Energy saving in electric transport]. Irkutsk, Publishing House of IrSTU, 2009. 244 p. (In Russian)

2. Rosenfeld V.E., Isaev I.P., Sidorov N.N. Teoriya elektricheskoy tyagi: uchebnik dlya vuzov zheleznodorozhnogo transporta [Theory of electric traction: textbook for railway transport universities]. 3rd edition. Moscow, Transport, 1995. 294 p. (In Russian)

3. Efremov I.S., Kosarev G.V. Teoriya i raschet elektrooborudovaniya podvizhnogo sostava gorodskogo elektricheskogo transporta [Theory and calculation of electrical equipment of rolling stock of urban electric transport]. Moscow, Higher School Publ., 1976. 480 p. (In Russian)

4. Sharyakov V.A. Twenty years of introduction asynchronous electric drive on urban electric transport. Control Engineering Rossiya [Control Engineering in Russia], 2014, no. 3, pp. 69-71. (In Russian)

5. GOST 6962-75. Electrified transport with overhead system power supply. Voltage row. Мoscow, State standard Publ., 1975. 8 p. (In Russian)

6. Sharyakov V.A., Sharyakova O.L., Agunov A.V., Tretyakov A.V. Possibilities of rational use of electric rolling stock braking energy. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical engineering], 2018, no. 10, pp. 55-59. (In Russian)

7. Baranov L.A., Grechishnikov V.A., Ershov A.V., Rodionov M.D., Shevlyugin M.V. Performance indicators of a stationary energy storage device at traction substations of the Moscow metro. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical Engineering], 2014, no. 8, pp. 18-22. (In Russian)

8. Green technologies: energy recovery is returning to Russia. Available at: https://www.techinsider.ru/technologies/1533963-zelenye-tehnologii-v-rossiyu-vozvrashchaetsya-rekuperaciya-energii/ (accessed 12 October 2022). (In Russian)

9. Sulim A.A. Calculation of electricity recovery of electrified urban transport when installing a storage device at a traction substation. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy i energeticheskikh objedineniy SNG. Energetika. [Energetika. Proceedings of CIS higher education institutions and power engineering associations], 2014, issue 4, part 4, pp. 30-41. (In Russian)

10. Satsuk T.P., Sharyakov V.A., Sharyakova O.L., Lebedeva V.A., Makarova E.I. On the use of traction batteries at autonomous substations of urban electric transport. Elektrotekhnika [Electrical engineering], 2021, no. 10, pp. 32-36. (In Russian)

11. Nezevak V.L. Simulation model of a traction power supply system for determining energy indicators in the conditions of operation of electricity storage systems. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie. [Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling], 2020, no. 3(67), pp. 70-80. doi: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.3(67).70-80 (In Russian)

12. Cheremisin V.T., Nezevak V.L. Prospects for the use of electric power storage systems on the Moscow Central Ring. Byulleten rezultatov nauchnykh issledovaniy [Bulletin of scientific research results], 2020, issue 2, pp. 33-44. doi: 10.20295/2223-9987-2020-2-33-44. (In Russian)

13. Shevlyugin, M.V. Resurso- i energosberegayushchie tekhnologii na zheleznodorozhnom transporte i metropolitenakh, realizuemye s ispolzovaniem nakopiteley energii [Resource- and energy-saving technologies in railway transport and subways implemented using energy storage devices. Kand. Diss.]. Moscow, 2009. 48 p.

14. Myatezh A.V., Yaroslavtsev M.V., Zabelina D.D. Investigation of seasonal changes in electric energy consumption by trolleybus. Nauchnye problemy transporta Sibiri i Dalnego Vostoka [Scientific problems of transport in Siberia and the Far East], 2014, no. 1-2, pp. 282-286. (In Russian)

15. Yaroslavtsev M.V., Shchurov N.I. Seasonal fluctuations in electric energy consumption by trolleybus. Nauka. Tekhnologii. Innovatsii: materialy vserossiyskoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh [Materials of the All-Russian Scientific Conference of Young Scientists "Science. Technologies. Innovations"]. Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk State Technical University Publ., 2013, pp. 187-191. (In Russian)

16. Yaroslavtsev M.V. Determination of the optimal energy intensity of an onboard buffer energy storage device. Student i nauchno-tekhnicheskiy progress: materialy 51-y mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy studencheskoy konferentsii [Materials of the 51st International Scientific Student Conference "Student and scientific and technological progress"]. Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk State University Publ., 2013, p. 46. (In Russian)

17. Maznev A.S., Stepanskaya O.A., Shatnev O.I. Systems of energy recovery of braking of electric rolling stock on urban transport of St. Petersburg. Izvestiya PGUPS [Proceedings of Petersburg Transport University], 2017, issue 1, pp. 63-72. (In Russian)

18. Sulim A.A., Muzhichuk S.A., Khozya P.A., Mel'nik A.A., Fedorov V.V. Studies of energy exchange processes under normal operating conditions of metro rolling stock with recovery systems. Nauka i progress transportu [Science and Transport Progress], 2017, no. 5(71), pp. 28-47. doi 10.15802/stp2017/112934. (In Russian)

19. Shchurov N.I., Shcheglov K.V., Shtang A.A. Application of energy storage devices in electric traction systems. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov NGTU [Collection of scientific papers of NSTU], 2008, Issue 1(51), pp. 99-104. (In Russian)

20. Khodaparastan M, Mohamed A. Flywheel vs. Supercapacitor as wayside energy storage for electric rail transit systems. Inventions. 2019, no. 4(4), 62. doi: 10.3390/inventions4040062

21. Bartlomeychik M, Polom M. Multiaspect measurement analysis of breaking energy recovery. Energy Conversion and Management. 2016, vol. 127, pp. 35-42. doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2016.08.089

22. Khamatsek S., Bartlomeychik M, Grbach R., Mishak S. Energy recovery effectiveness in trolleybus transport. Electric Power Systems Research. 2014, vol. 112, pp. 1-11. doi: 10.1016/j.epsr.2014.03.001

23. Chernigov V.M. Electrical equipment of a tram car with a capacitive storage device. Available at: http://mapget.ru/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MAPGET_NTS_Chergos.pdf (accessed 22 July 2022). (In Russian)

24. Methodological recommendations for calculating the economically reasonable cost of transporting passengers and luggage in urban and suburban traffic by road and urban ground electric public transport. Appendix to the Order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation No. NA-37-r dated April 18, 2013. (In Russian)

Katsay A.V., Shevlyugin M.V. Excessive Recovery Disposal in the Contact Network of Electric Vehicles When Charging a Stationary Storage Device. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2023, no. 1(58), pp. 10-20. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.18503/2311-8318-2023-1(58)-10-20