download PDF

Abstract

This paper is devoted to the positioning systems of stepper motors control methods. Comparative analysis of the existing open- and closed-loop systems was carried out; their advantages and disadvantages are identified. The research purpose is the design of the universal reliable and cheap device based on stepper motor for the moving object sensor mode positioning. A stepper motor universal control program with optimal filtering of the shaft rotation angle reference channel was developed. A schematic diagram based on ATmega328 microcontroller was designed. The experimental research of the sensor mode operating stepper motor with and without program filtering was conducted. Transient processes of motion, speed, current and reference signal graphics were built. A linear mathematical model of a stepper motor and a block diagram of a closed-loop control system for the shaft rotation angle deviation have been calculated. The main adjustable coordinates transient processes of the electric drive operating in the sensor mode are built with Matlab Simulink with filtering and without filtering the motor shaft deflection angle specifying channel. A frequency analysis of the developed closed-loop electric drive control action control system is carried out for the stability and quality of filtering interference of the control signal. The research results are applied to the studying process of the Department of Automatic Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University as a laboratory stand for Adjustment of mechatronic complexes and systems course.

Keywords

Stepper motor, programmable microcontroller, control program, sensor mode, program filter, mechatronic system, driver.

Sergey A. Linkov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0774-3910

Oleg S. Malakhov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Automated Electric Drive and Mechatronics, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia,This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2716-004X

1. Kryuchkov S.P., Karimov R.D., Yamalov I.I., Gorbunov A.S. Advanced Stepper Motor Control Methods. Vestnik sovremennykh issledovaniy [Bulletin of Contemporary Research], 2018, no 10.1(25), pp. 313-315. (In Russian)

2. Sevtsov I.A., Tyurin S.A., Trusov V.A. Comparative Analysis of Stepper Motor Control Methods. Trudy mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma "Nadezhnost i kachestvo" [Proceedings of the International Symposium "Reliability and Quality"], 2020, vol. 2, pp. 103-104. (In Russian)

3. Elsodany N. M., Rezeka S. F., Maharem N. A. Adaptive PID control of a stepper motor driving a flexible rotor. AEJ - Alexandria Engineering Journal, 2011, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 127-136. doi: 10.1016/j.aej.2010.08.002

4. Kiyashchenko A. V. Real-time manipulator stepper motors control. Reshetnevskie chteniya [Reshetnev readings]. Krasnoyarsk, Reshetnev University Publ., 2016, pp. 563-564. (In Russian)

5. Khoroshevskiy M.D., Makarov A.M., Grishankova N.S., Andronov T.V. Laboratory stand for studying the microprocessor control system for parallel operation of stepper motors. Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Volgograd State Technical University], 2017, no 12(207), pp. 87-90. (In Russian)

6. Yazdani A. M., Mahmoudi A., Mahmoudzadeh S. Intelligent speed control of hybrid stepper motor considering model uncertainty using brain emotional learning [et al.]. Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2018, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 95-104. doi: 10.1109/CJECE.2018.2849357

7. Goryachev O.V., Stepochkin A.O. High precision electric servo drive based on hybrid vector stepper motor. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Bulletin of the Tula State University. Technical sciences], 2020, no. 4, pp. 147-157. doi 10.24411/2071-6168-2020-00026. (In Russian)

8. Boskebeev K.D., Kuanshkaliev T.Kh., Alimseitova Zh.K., Nichkov V.N., Il'menskiy M.A., Kolesnikov I.V. Analysis of the directions of hardware and software developments for the control of stepper motors for use in the educational process of universities. Prikaspiyskiy zhurnal: upravlenie i vysokie tekhnologii [Caspian Journal: Management and High Technologies], 2016, no. 4(36), pp. 111-127. (In Russian)

9. Kuznetsov I.Yu. Statistical analysis of power consumption of a stepper motor controller. Aktualnye nauchnye issledovaniya v sovremennom mire [Actual scientific research in the modern world], 2020, no. 7-2(63), pp. 91-94. (In Ukrainian)

10. Pashchenko A. N., Kopychev M. M. Control system for the position of a dynamic object on a moving plane. Molodezhnaya shkola-seminar po problemam upravleniya v tekhnicheskikh sistemakh imeni A.A. Vavilova [Vavilov Youth School-Seminar on Management Problems in Technical Systems]. Saint Petersburg, ETU “LETI” Publ., 2019, vol. 1, pp. 28-30. (In Russian)

11. Kamenev A.R., Zryumova A.G. Development of tools for controlling stepper motor drivers in microprocessor systems. Programmno-tekhnicheskoe obespechenie avtomatizirovannykh sistem: Materialy Vserossiyskoy molodezhnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Software and hardware support of automated systems: Materials of the All-Russian Youth Scientific and Practical Conference], Barnaul, AltSTU Publ., 2018, pp. 192-195. (In Russian)

12. Chirkov D.G., Stotskaya A.D. Software data filtering methods for working with ultrasonic sensors in the field of robotics. Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya po myagkim vychisleniyam i izmereniyam [International Conference on Soft Computing and Measurements]. Saint Petersburg, ETU “LETI” Publ., 2020, vol. 1, pp. 155-158. (In Russian)

13. Fokin G.A. Modeling Shaping and Matched Filters. Informatsionnye tekhnologii i telekommunikatsii [Information technology and telecommunications], 2021, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 77-94. doi: 10.31854/2307-1303-2021-9-2-77-94 (In Russian)

14. Emelyanov R.T., Arinchin S.A., Turisheva E.S., Makevich V.V. Stepper motor angular speed control. Vestnik KrasGAU [The Bulletin of KrasGAU], 2017, no. 11(134), pp. 141-146. (In Russian)

15. Fomin N.V. Sistemy podchinennogo regulirovaniya koordinat v elektroprivodakh postoyannogo toka [Slave coordinate control systems in DC electric drives]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Publ., 2010. 199 p. (in Russian)