download PDF

Abstract

The article is concerned with the technical application of ultrasound in liquids with different initial states. The conditions for the vortex movement of the liquid under the influence of ultrasound are formulated, practical application of such a phenomenon is shown and real results are obtained, which can be used for further research. Ultrasound can be used as one of the methods of cold degassing for liquids along with traditional methods such as vacuumization, boiling, addition of sodium sulfite Na2SO3. The mode of the liquid exposure to ultrasound depends on the initial state of this liquid, and the further behavior of physical phenomena in this liquid will be different. It is important to know this behavior when it is used in industry in various electrical installations. The cavitation mode exists as long as there is a gas in the liquid. The sound wind mode occurs as long as there is a very small amount of gas in the liquid, and cavitation provides minimal resistance to acoustic flow. To generate ultrasonic vibrations, a new, promising ultrasonic transistor generator with bias of the power part was used, which makes it possible to work with different ultrasound emitters, both magnetostrictive and piezoelectric. When working on a piezoelectric load, it is simply necessary to turn off the bias control and turn on the decoupling transformer in the output stage of the power part. Ultrasonic generators built according to the power scheme presented in the work can be used in the food industry for the purpose of intensifying technological processes at low energy costs, which is economically beneficial for food producers. Using high-intensity ultrasound, it is possible to replace such technological processes as heat treatment, heating, the use of chemical reagents, as well as replacing the use of pumps to generate centrifugal force.

Keywords

Ultrasonic generator, bias, cavitation, sound wind, vortex motion, acoustic flow, Reynolds number, degassing.

Sergey V. Yankevich

Postgraduate Student, Industrial Electronics Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6151-0448

Grigoriy V. Malinin

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Industrial Electronics Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3993-0435

1. Galdin N.S. Osnovy gidravliki i gidroprivoda [Hydraulics and Hydraulic Drive Basics]. Omsk: Izd-vo SibADI, 2006, 145 p. (In Russian)

2. Vorobyev E.A. Teoriya ultrazvukovykh kolebaniy kak osnova postroeniya i primeneniya tekhnicheskikh sredstv polucheniya informatsii: Uchebnoeposobie [The theory of ultrasonic oscillations as the basis for the construction and application of technical means of obtaining information: Tutorial]. SPbGUAP, Saint Petersburg, 2002, 54 p. (In Russian)

3. Khmelev V.N., Leonov G.V., Barsukov R.V., Tsyganok S.N., Shalunov A.V. Ultrazvukovye mnogofunktsionalnye i spetsializirovannye apparaty dlya intensifikatsii tekhnologicheskikh protsessov v promyshlennosti, selskom i domashnem khozyaystve [Ultrasonic multifunctional and specialized devices for intensification of technological processes in industry, agriculture and household]. Biysk, Publishing house of Altay State Technical University, 2007. 414 p. (In Russian)

4. Khmelev V.N. Povyshenie effektivnosti ultrazvukovykh tekhnologicheskikh apparatov dlya kavitatsionnoy obrabotki zhidkikh sred vysokoy vyazkosti [Increased efficiency of ultrasonic process apparatus for cavitation treatment of liquid media of high viscosity]. Biysk, Publishing house of Altay State Technical University, 2019, 59 p. (In Russian)

5. Lapteva N.E., Pastukhova L.G. Laminarnyy i turbulentnyy rezhimy dvizheniya zhidkosti [Laminar and turbulent fluid modes]. Yekaterinburg, UrFU, 2011, 15 p. (in Russian)

6. Golyamina I.P. Ultrazvuk. Malenkaya entsiklopediya [Ultrasound. Little Encyclopedia]. Moscow, Soviet encyclopedia, 1979, 400 p. (In Russian)

7. Poddubnyy B.N. Improvement of methods of erosion tests for erosion of aluminum foil and reduction of sample weight. Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Acoustic journal], 1976, 22, no. 4, pp. 586-589. (In Russian)

8. State Standart 8.897-2015/IEC/TR 62781:2012. Ultrasonics. Methods of conditioning of water for ultrasonic measurements. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2016. 17 p. (In Russian)

9. Fowlkes J.B., Carson R.L. Systems for degassing water used in ultrasonic measurements. J. Acoust. Soc. Am 1991, 90, no. 2, pp. 1197-1200.

10. Afanasyev V.A., Malinin G.V., Yankevich S.V. Technology of ultrasonic salting of fish and meat products. Materialy ХII Vserossiyskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Informatsionnye tekhnologii v elektrotekhnike i elektroenergetike» [Information technology in electrical engineering and power engineering: materials of ХII All-Russianscientific conference]. Cheboksary, Publishing house of ChGU; 2020, pp. 518-521. (in Russian)

11. Yakovlev O.V. Application of ultrasound for intensification of fish salting process. Vestnik Kerchenskogo gosudarstvennogo morskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Kerch State Marine Technological University], 2018, no. 1, pp. 89-95. (in Russian)

12. Yankevich S.V., Malinin G.V. Schematic solutions overview for construction of ultrasonic generators power unit. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Chuvash University], 2020, no. 1, pp. 212-220. (in Russian)

13. Yankevich S.V. Ultrasonic generator at XILINX FPGA. Materialy VII Vserossiyskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Informatsionnye tekhnologii v elektrotekhnike i elektroenergetike». [Materials of VII All-Russian scientific conference "Information technology in electrical engineering and power engineering"]. Cheboksary, Publishing house of ChGU, 2010, pp. 272-275. (in Russian)