download PDF

Abstract

The paper considers a method for starting an induction electric motor with a phase rotor. The proposed system consists of an induction electric motor in the rotor circuit where a two-link frequency converter based on an autonomous voltage inverter is included. A frequency-dependent parametric device (induction resistance) is connected to the output of the inverter. The induction resistance is a device consisting of an inductor and a magnetic circuit. Its principle of operation is based on the phenomenon of electromagnetic energy absorption by the magnetic core of the rheostat and its conversion into thermal energy. The higher is the frequency of the current flowing through the resistance windings, the higher is the power absorbed by the magnetic circuit and the electrical parameters of the induction resistance. By influencing the electrical parameters of the induction resistance magnetic circuit, it is possible to influence the characteristics of the electric motor. In the course of the work, the induction resistance was compared with a rheostat and a reactor connected in series with each other. Also, the optimal ratio between the active and inductive parts was selected for the node of the rheostat and the reactor. Based on the results of computer simulation, conclusions are made about the possibility of replacing the induction resistance with a rheostat with a series-connected reactor. The most optimal will be the use of induction resistance. When the rheostat is switched on with the reactor, the losses in the active part will be almost identical. However, with a minimum active resistance, it will be necessary to take into account the values of the output current of the inverter and select keys that allow short-term operation with overloads or take keys of higher power. With a large active component, the operating speed decreases due to the fact that changing the frequency does not affect its value, unlike the induction resistance.

Keywords

Induction electric motor, phase rotor, frequency converter, induction resistance, reactor, simulation modeling.

Victor N. Meshcheryakov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of the Department of Electric Drive, Faculty of Automation and Computer Science, Lipetsk State Technical University, Lipetsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0984-5133

Andrei I. Boikov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Senior Lecturer, Department of Electric Drive, Faculty of Automation and Computer Science, Lipetsk State Technical University, Lipetsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0032-0683

Vladimir V. Pikalov

Teaching Assistant, Department of Electric Drive, Faculty of Automation and Computer Science, Lipetsk State Technical University, Lipetsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Meshcheryakov V.N., Fineev A.A. Induction electric drive system with frequency-parametric control for crane mechanisms. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial power engineering], 2004, no. 6, pp. 32-33. (In Russian)

2. Lesan S., Smiai M. S., Shepherd W. Control of wound rotor induction motor using thyristors in the secondary circuits. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 1996, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 335-344. doi: 10.1109/28.491482

3. You J., Liu M., Ma J., Jia H. 2016. Modeling and analyse of induction motor drive system with consideration of dc bus stabilization and control performance. In 2016 IEEE 8th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC-ECCE Asia). IEEE Press, 2016, pp. 1362–1367. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/IPEMC.2016.7512488

4. Meshcheryakov V., Sinyukova T., Sinyukov A., Boikov A., Mukhametzhanov R. Modeling and analysis of vector control systems for asynchronous motor. High Speed Turbomachines and Electrical Drives Conference. E3S Web of Conferences, 2020, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/202017801001

5. Muravyev A.A., Boykov A.I. Control systems of an induction machine with a phase rotor with valve converters in the rotor circuit. Sovremennye slozhnye sistemy upravleniya: materialy XII mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [XII International Scientific and Practical Conference "Modern Complex Control Systems"]. Lipetsk, LSTU Publ., 2017, pp. 159-163. (In Russian)

6. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Muravyev A.A. Starting system of an induction electric motor with a phase rotor. Energeticheskie i elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy: mezhdunar. sb. nauch. trudov [International scientific collection works "Energy and electrotechnical systems"]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU Publ., 2017, pp. 204-208. (In Russian)

7. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Pikalov V.V. A method for soft-starting an induction electric motor with a phase rotor. XXVIII Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya “Sovremennye tekhnologii v zadachakh upravleniya, avtomatiki i obrabotki informatsii” [XXVIII International Scientific and Technical Conference "Modren technologies in problems of control, automation and information processing" collection of papers]. Moscow, MEPhI Publ., 2019, pp. 98-99. (In Russian)

8. Meshcheryakov V., Kukishev D., Boikov A., Evseev A. Energy saving in the scalar control system of an asynchronous electric drive. 2018 X International Conference on Electrical Power Drive Systems (ICEPDS). IEEE, 2018, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/ICEPDS.2018.8571784

9. Meshcheryakov V.N., Morozov S.V., Telichko L.Ya. Calculation of parameters of induction resistances for induction motors with a phase rotor. Izv. vuzov SSSR, Elektromekhanika [Proceedings of Universities of the USSR, Electromechanics], 1989, no. 3, pp. 50-52. (In Russian)

10. Meshcheryakov V.N. Calculation of static characteristics of an induction electric motor with nonlinear induction resistance in the rotor circuit. Tekhnicheskaya elektrodinamika [Technical Electrodynamics], 1991, no. 2, pp. 81-83. (In Russian)

11. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Lastochkin D.V. Sposob upravlenija asinhronnym dvigatelem s faznym rotorom [Method of control of induction motor with phase rotor]. Patent RF, no. 2661343, 2018.

12. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Lastochkin D.V. Method of control of induction motor with phase rotor. «Izobretateli i ratsionalizatory Lipetskoyoblasti» sbornik nauchnykh razrabotok i izobreteniy ["Inventors and innovators of the Lipetsk region" collection of scientific developments and inventions]. Lipetsk, LSPU Publ., 2018, pp. 29-34. (In Russian)

13. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Lastochkin D.V. System soft start of the induction motor with phase rotor. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2019, no. 1(42), pp. 24-29. (In Russian) doi: 10.18503/2311-8318-2019-1(42)-24-29

14. Meshheryakov V.N., Boykov A.I., Pikalov V.V., Muravyev A.A., Lastochkin D.V. Electric drive on the basis of the induction machine with an induction resistance in the rotor circuit connected through valve elements. Izvestiya SPBGETU LETI [Proceedings of Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University], 2019, no. 2, pp. 60-66. (In Russian)

15. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boikov A.I., Muravyev A.A., Pikalov V.V. The Soft Starting System for an Induction Motor with an Induction Resistance in the Wound Rotor Circuit. International Multi-Conference on Industrial Engineering and Modern Technologies (FarEastCon). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/FarEastCon.2019.8934280

16. Meshcheryakov V.N., Boikov A.I., Muravyev A.A., Pikalo V.V. Frequency-parametric control electric drive system based on induction motor with wound rotor. International Russian Automation Conference (RusAutoCon). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/RUSAUTOCON.2019.8867644