download PDF

Abstract

The purpose of the intermediate stage of work was to conduct a cluster analysis of the networks of the studied object to assess the degree of observability of existing objects and possible connections. To conduct cluster analysis, the daily consumption was initially calculated based on the energy balance data followed by the determination of the instantaneous values of active power. For 35-110 kV overhead lines of the studied networks, the error of the calculated values obtained with the data transmitted via telemechanics channels was determined. The third necessary parameter for conducting cluster analysis was the degree of observability, which was also initially calculated for each 35-110 kV substation line, and then the average value was determined taking into account the outgoing feeders for each substation. Based on the obtained parameters, a three-dimensional graph was constructed of the dependence of the mode calculation error on the degree of observability and the number of feeders and the projection of this graph. This projection had the form of lines of the level of error values. Each area corresponded to a certain error interval. These areas were the clusters. The constructed diagram allows us to determine the degree of observability, knowing the number of outgoing feeders and setting the desired error range. This information allows us to design the technical task to equip the telemechanics equipment of the designed facility based on the existing level of observability of networks. The conducted cluster analysis makes it possible both to set a certain level of observability for prospective connection and to assess the existing level of networks. Clusters clearly demonstrate the level of observability depending on the number of outgoing lines, while the compilation of a cluster analysis reveals the lack of observability of some substations.

Keywords

Cluster, degree of observability, telemetry, observability, electrical networks, technical task, designed networks, diagram, outgoing feeders, measurement error.

Aleksey V. Malafeev

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Industrial Electric Power Supply Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1471-9764.

Olga A. Bakaykina

Postgraduate student, Industrial Electric Power Supply Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

1. Gamm A.Z., Golub I.I. Nablyudayemost elektroenergeticheskikh sistem [Observability of electric power systems]. Moscow, Science Publ., 1990. 200 p. (In Russian)

2. Gamm A.Z., Makarov A.L., Saneev B.G. et al. Teoreticheskiye osnovy sistemnykh issledovaniy v energetike [Theoretical foundations of systemic research in the energy sector]. Novosibirsk, Science Publ., 1971, 334 p. (In Russian)

3. Askaeva E.S. The influence of weighting coefficients of measurements on the results of assessing the state of electric power networks. Elektroenergetika glazami molodezhi-2019: materialy yubileynoy Х Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Electricity through the eyes of youth-2019: materials of the jubilee X International Scientific and Technical Conference], 2019, pp. 188-192. (In Russian)

4. Kolosok I.N., Tikhonov A.V. Modeling of modern FACTS devices in assessing the state of a fragment of a 500 kV network of the Siberian Energy System. Metodicheskiye voprosy issledovaniya nadezhnosti bolshikh system energetiki: materialy 90-go zasedaniya Mezhdunarodnogo nauchnogo seminara im. Yu.N. Rudenko [Methodological issues of researching the reliability of large energy systems: Materials of the 90th meeting of the International Scientific Seminar named after Yu.N. Rudenko], 2018, pp. 209-218. (In Russian)

5. Kolosok I.N., Gurina L.A. Improving the cybersecurity of smart energy systems using state assessment methods. Voprosy kiber bezopasnosti [Cyber security issues], 2018, no. 3(27), pp. 63-69. (In Russian)

6. Domyshev A.V. ESS assessment using deep learning. Prikladnyye zadachi matematiki: materialy XXVI mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Applied problems of mathematics: Materials of the XXVI international scientific and technical conference], 2018, pp. 183-184. (In Russian)

7. Bartolomey P.I., Semenenko S.I. Development of a state assessment method for the integration of SVI and SCADA measurements in EPS. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Problemy energetiki [News of higher educational institutions. Energy Issues], 2019, no. 3(4), pp. 77-88. (In Russian)

8. Semenenko S.I. Razrabotka algoritmov razmeshcheniya sinkhronizirovannykh vektornykh izmereniy dlya povysheniya effektivnosti otsenivaniya sostoyaniya EES. Kand. Diss. [Development of algorithms for placing synchronized vector measurements to increase the efficiency of assessing the state of electric power networks. Ph.D. Diss.]. Yekaterinburg, 2019.

9. Polyakov I.D. Adaptatsiya metodov otsenivaniya sostoyaniya dlya modeley raspredelitelnykh setey [Adaptation of state assessment methods for distribution network models]. Yekaterinburg, 2019. (In Russian)

10. Boloev E.V., Golub I.I. Methods of linear and nonlinear estimation of distribution network status. Metodicheskiye voprosy issledovaniya nadezhnosti bolshikh sistemen ergetiki: materialy 90-go zasedaniya Mezhdunarodnogo nauchnogo seminara im. Yu.N. Rudenko [Methodological issues of researching the reliability of large energy systems: Materials of the 90th meeting of the International Scientific Seminar named after Yu.N. Rudenko], 2018, pp. 361-371. (In Russian)

11. Abiri E., Rashidi F. Optimal phasor measurement units placement to maintain network observability // Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 2015, no. 28, pp. 477-483.

12. Hussein, H.I. State Estimation via Phasor Measurement Units for Iraqi National Super Grid Power System Network// Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 2016, no. 1, pp. 12-22.

13. Tao Jin, Fuliang Chu, Cong Ling, Daniel Legrand Mon Nzongo A Robust WLS Power System State Estimation Method Integrating a Wide-Area Measurement System and SCADA Technology // Copyright of Energies, 2015, no. 8, pp. 2769-2787.

14. Korres G.N., Katsikas P.J. Reduced model for numerical observability analysis in generalised state estimation // Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 2015, no. 1, pp. 99-108.