download PDF

Abstract

The article considers three options for the using of non-raw material workpieces during design preparation of the production, in which the workpiece can be a purchased component, a part or an assembly unit. The authors carried out the analysis of the reasons for using such workpieces during design preparation. The main reason for using a purchased component or a standard unit as workpieces is simplifying the production process or decreasing price of the production. The main reason of using of an assembly unit as a non-raw material workpiece is decreasing the time of making specification document during design preparation. Also, the article describes the rules for the composition formation in the enterprise information systems for each of these three options. The main risk of using such workpieces is a gap in the mechanism of notification changes. Changes in the workpiece must be transmitted somehow to the elements generated from it. This risk can be mitigated with the help of a PDM information system that monitors all changes by organizing an associative relationship between the element and its workpiece. The described mechanism used in PDM is named “Product composition 2.0” at Novator Design Bureau, Yekaterinburg.

Keywords

Components having workpieces, production preparation, PDM, composition of product, USDD, electronic structure.

Alexander Yu. Loginov

Chief of Department, Software Development Department, Novator Design Bureau, Yekaterinburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1082-1991.

Ilya N. Obabkov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Director of Engineering School of Information Technologies Telecommunications and Control Systems, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7410-2822.

1. Bykov A.V. Automation of design and technological preparation for production in mechanical engineering: problems and solutions. Informatsionnye tekhnologii v proektirovanii i proizvodstve [Information technologies in design and production], 2015, no. 4, pp. 53–57. (In Russian)

2. Skorobogatov A.S., Kobzev V.V. Design and technological preparation of production to ensure the processes of machine-building enterprises within industry 4.0. Inzhiniring predpriyatiy i upravlenie znaniyami (IP&UZ-2018). Sbornik nauchnykh trudov XXI Rossiyskoy nauchnoy konferentsii [Enterprise Engineering and Knowledge Management (IP & UZ-2018). Proceedings of the XXI Russian scientific conference]. 2018. In 2 volumes. Moscow, 2018, pp. 119-124. (In Russian)

3. Zhukov D. Intermech Professional Solutions – a modern solution for information support of the processes of design and technological preparation of production. SAPR i graphika [CAD and graphics]. 2011, no. 12, pp. 65-67. (In Russian)

4. Romanova E.B. Automation systems for design and technological preparation of production. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta informatsionnykh tekhnologiy, mekhaniki i optiki [Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the St. Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics]. 2004, no. 14, pp. 265-271. (In Russian)

5. GOST R 2.056-2014. Unified system for design documentation. Digital part model. General principles. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2018. 12 p. (In Russian)

6. GOST R 2.057-2019. Unified system for design documentation. Digital assembly model. General principles. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2019. 16 p. (In Russian)

7. Tsyrkov G.A., Ermohin E.A., Tsyrkov A.V. Software and methodological tools for the formation of the technological composition of complex technical systems. Informatsionnye tekhnologii v proektirovanii i proizvodstve [Information technologies in design and production]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 32-40. (In Russian)

8. Sergeeva E.P., Sergeeva I.I. ERP as a base of competitive business. Vestnik OrelGIET [News of OrelGIET].2015, no. 3(33), pp. 81-85. (In Russian)

9. PolyanskovYu.V., Kondratjeva A.S., Chernikov M.S., Blumshtein A.A. CAPP, PDM, ERP integration in unified information space. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk [News of Samara Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2013, vol. 15, no. 4-3, pp. 628-633. (In Russian)

10. GOST 2.102-2013. Unified system for design documentation. Types and sets of design documentation. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2014. 13 p. (In Russian)

11. GOST R 2.106-2019. Unified system for design documentation. Textual documents. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2019. 36 p. (In Russian)

12. GOST 2.109-73. Unified system for design documentation. Basic requirements for drawings. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2007. 30 p. (In Russian)

13. GOST 2.053-2013. Unified system for design documentation. Product electronic structure. General principles. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2014. 12 p. (In Russian)

14. Shabalkin D.Yu. Integration of multi-platform automated subsystems of various functionality into a single information space of the life cycle of an aircraft. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra [Bulletin of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2012, vol. 14, no. 4(2), pp. 545-549. (In Russian)

15. Mikhailov V.G. Approaches to creating an integrated PDM-ERP information system. Sistemnyi analiz i prikladnaya informatika [System analysis and applied informatics], 2012, no. 2, pp. 17-24. (In Russian)

16. Fauler M. Osnovy. Kratkoe rukovodstvo po standartnomu yazyku obyektnogo modelirovaniya [UML basics. A quick reference to the standard object modeling language]. Moscow: SymbolPlus, 2018, 192 p. (In Russian)

17. Kuznetsova V., Sergeev A., Serdyuk A., Popov A. Sovershenstvovanie protsessa izgotovleniya slozhnykh izdeliy s ispolzovaniem PDM-sistem: uchebnoe posobie [Improving the manufacturing process of complex products using PDM systems: a tutorial]. Orenburg: OGU, 2013. (In Russian)

18. Shyryaev N. Some trends in the development of PLM technologies. SAPR i graphika [CAD and graphics], 2011, no. 12, pp. 21-23. (In Russian)

19. GOST 2.055-2014. Unified system for design documentation. Electronic specification. Мoscow, Standartinform Publ., 2019. 16 p. (In Russian)

20. Loginov A.Yu., Volman D.V., Rozenbaum A.E. Information system for handling production design and technological information at mechanical plant (“Production composition v.2”). Software registration, no. 2018661868, 2018.

21. Loginov A.Yu., Volman D.V., Rozenbaum A.E. Organization of a unified information space for managing design and technological information about products based on proprietary information systems. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: kompyuternye tekhnologii, upravlenie, radioelektronika [News of South-Urals State University. Computer science, management, radio electronic systems], 2012, no. 3 (262), pp. 24-26. (In Russian)