download PDF

Abstract

Now in connection with a steady trend of application of asynchronous motors practically in all industries, there is frequently a necessity for calculation of parameters of the motor, which are not present in the reference data. Knowledge of the following asynchronous motor parameters in various operating modes is required: idling mode, nominal mode, arbitrary load mode, starting mode. Their calculation is based on substitution schemes, the accuracy of which depends largely on the accuracy of the calculation of current and no-load losses. In this article, a number of well-known theoretical and practical methods for calculating current and no-load losses of idling speed are considered. The substantiation of a possibility of no-load current calculation is carried out on the basis of reactive power balance of an asynchronous motor for nominal mode according to motor passport data. The rational expression for no-load current calculation is obtained. The considered methods of no-load current calculation and the data given in the reference literature are investigated with reference to two types of boosters from the power group up to 100 kW and power 1000 kW. Within the framework of the research, idle current calculations were carried out on the basis of passport data of the considered motors and the evaluation of the obtained results was given. It is established that the expression for no-load current calculation obtained from the condition of reactive power balance in the nominal mode gives the closest values to the results of calculation using the basic method based on the data for the nominal mode and their values at partial loads on the engines.

Keywords

Asynchronous motor, parameters, energy diagram, nominal mode, partial load, idle current, calculation methods, calculation graphs, energy curves, tabular data, reactive power balance, comparison of results.

Gennady G. Lebedev

Engineer, LLC Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant - URALTRAC, Chelyabinsk, Russia.

Anvar S. Sarvarov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Automated Electrical Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Maksim V. Vecherkin

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8679-9831.

Mikhail Yu. Petushkov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Professor of the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Valeriy I. Kosmatov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Professor, Department of Automated Electrical Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Braslavskiy I.Ya., Ishmatov Z.Sh., Polyakov V.N. Energosberegayushchiy asinkhronnyi elektroprivod [Energy saving asynchronous electric drive]. Under the editorship of I. Ya. Braslavskiy. Moscow, Academia, 2004. 256 p. (In Russian)

2. Golovin, V.V., Razvorotnev, V.P., YudinA.Yu. Large-scale introduction of the variable frequency electric drives in JSC "MMK". Trudy VII Mezhdunarodnoy (ХIII Vserossiyskoy) nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii po avtomatizirovannomu elektroprivodu: FGBOU VPO «Ivanovsliy gosudarstvennyi energeticheskiy universitet imeni V.I. Lenina» [Proceedings of VII International (XIII All-Russia) Scientific and Technical Conference on the automated electric drive: FSBEI HPE "Ivanovo State Power Engineering University named after V.I. Lenin"], Ivanovo, 2012, pp. 448-453. (In Russian)

3. Mugalimov R.G., Mugalimova A.R. Energy saving induction motors with the reactive power compensation. Izvestia akademii nauk. Energetika [Proceedings of the Academy of sciences. Power engineering], 2013, no. 5, pp. 30-45. (In Russian)

4. Venkataraman B., Godsey B., Premerlani W., Shulman E., Thakur M., Midence R. Fundamentals of a Motor Thermal Model and its Applications in Motor Protection // Conf. Record of 2005 Annual Pulp and Paper Industry Technical Conference. Jacksonville, FL, USA, 20-23 June 2005. Pp. 11–28. Doi:10.1109/PAPCON.2005.1502046.

5. Gailer L.B. Spravochnik elektrika promyshlennykh predpriyatiy [Handbook of Industrial Enterprises Electricians], Minsk, Belarus, 1963, 588 p. (In Russian)

6. Lebedev G.G. Determination of asynchronous motor parameters with voltage up to 1000 V in the absence of passport. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial Power Engineering], 1981, pp.15-16. (In Russian)

7. Litvak L.V. Ratsionalnaya kompensatsiya reaktivnykh nagruzok na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh [Rational compensation of reactive loads at the industrial enterprises], Moscow, Gosenergoizdat, 1963. (In Russian)

8. Elektrotekhnicheskiy spravochnik [Electrical Engineering Handbook], vol. 3, book 2, Editor-in-Chief I.N. Orlov, 6 ed., Moscow, Energoizdat, 1982, 560 p. (In Russian)

9. MoshchinskiyYu.A., Bespalov V.Ya., Kiryakin A.A. Definition of parameters of the asynchronous machine replacement scheme by the catalogue data. Elektrichestvo [Electricity]. 1998. no. 4, pp. 38-42. (In Russian)

10. Sheremet A.I., Shevchenko G.S. Definition of parameters of the T-shaped scheme of asynchronous motor replacement on the basis of idling experience. Nauchnyi Vestnik DGMA [Scientific bulletin of DGMA], 2017, no. 23, pp. 104-108. (In Russian)

11. Donskoy N.V. Parameter determination of asynchronous motors on the basis of passport data and starting characteristics. Trudy VII Mezhdunarodnoy (ХIII Vserossiyskoy) nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii po avtomatizirovannomy elektroprivodu: FGBOU VPO «Ivanovskiy gosudarstvennyi energeticheskiy universitet imeni V.I. Lenin» [Proceedings of VII International (XIII All-Russian) Scientific and Technical Conference on Automated Electric Drive: FSBEI HPE "Ivanovo State Power Engineering University named after V.I. Lenin"]. Ivanovo, 2012, pp. 196-201. (In Russian)

12. Reguliruemye asinkhronnye dvigateli v selskohozyistvennom proizvodstve [Adjustable asynchronous motors in agricultural production] / Under the editorship of D.N. Bystritskiy. Moscow: Energia, 1975, 399 p. (In Russian)

13. Asinkhronnye dvigateli serii 4A. Spravochnik [Asynchronous motors of the 4A series. Handbook] / A.E. Kravchik et al. - Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1982. (In Russian)

14. Syromyatnikov I.A. Rezhimy raboty asinkhronnykh i sinkhronnykh dvigateley [Operation modes of the asynchronous and synchronous motors]. M.: GEI, 1969. 527 с. (In Russian)

15. Spravochnik po elektricheskim mashinam [Reference book of electric machines] under the general editorship of I.P. Kopylov and B.K. Klokov. Vol.1. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1988. 456 p. (In Russian)

16. Makeev M.S., Kuvshinov A.A. Algorithm of calculation of parameters of the asynchronous motor replacement scheme on the basis of the catalogue data. Vektor nauki TGU [Vector of Science of TSU], 2013, no. 1 (23), pp. 108-112. (In Russian)

17. Kachin S.I. Elektricheskiy privod: uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Electric drive: teaching and methodical manual]. S.I. Kachin, A.Yu. Chernyshev, O.S. Kachin; Tomsk Polytechnic University. Tomsk: Tomsk Polytechnic University Publisher, 2009. 157 p. (In Russian)