download PDF

Abstract

One of the most urgent tasks nowadays is to carry out fundamental research of fundamental processes in highly reliable electromechanical energy converters for the aerospace industry in order to find new physical principles to ensure maximum fault tolerance and energy efficiency. As a result, it is necessary to solve scientific problem in the field of improving the reliability, energy efficiency and fault tolerance of electromechanical energy converters by studying the fundamental processes in highly reliable electromechanical energy converters in order to find new physical principles to ensure maximum failure resistance and energy efficiency. It is necessary to develop a theoretical knowledge base for the transition to the technological development of highly reliable electromechanical energy converters for the aerospace industry.

This paper presents the calculations of the main parameters of a 90 kW high-speed synchronous starter-generator with the rotational speed of 65,000 rpm for gearless auxiliary power plants. A two-dimensional model of a high-speed synchronous starter-generator in the generator and starter modes is given. Formulas are given for calculating the power of a high-speed starter-generator in the starter mode. The characteristics of a high-speed synchronous starter-generator in the generator and starter modes are analyzed.

Keywords

High-speed synchronous starter-generator, auxiliary power unit, gearless auxiliary power unit, synchronous starter-generator, modeling, computer simulation, Ansys Maxwell, software package, two-dimensional computer model, research of high-speed synchronous starter-generator.

Flur R. Ismagilov

D. Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Head of the Department of Electromechanics, Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2525-9815.

Alexander A. Gerasin

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Deputy General Director, State Research Institute of Aviation Systems, Ufa, Russia

Viacheslav E. Vavilov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Leading Research Scientist, Associate Professor of the Department of Electromechanics, Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5695-6974.

Guzel S. Zinnatullina

Engineer, a Post-graduate student of the Department of Electromechanics, Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9254-8369.

1. Sklyarov I.E., Panteleev O.K. Aviation equipment. Engine design. Available at: http://www.aviaport.ru (accessed 09.09.19). (In Russian)

2. Ismagilov F.R., Vavilov V.Ye., Bekuzin V.I., Aiguzina V.V. High-voltage high-speed generator for autonomous systems. Izvestia of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences [Bulletin of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2016, vol. 18, no. 4(7), pp. 1387-1392. (In Russian)

3. Seok-Myeong Jang, Kyoung-Jin Ko, Han-Wook Cho, Jang-Young Choi, Won-Kyu Oh. Characteristic Analysis of a 2 kW High Speed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator Using the Equivalent Circuit Method – Proceeding of International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, Seoul, Korea, 8-11th June 2007, pp. 868-873.

4. Sugrobov A.M., Rusakov A.M. Proektirovanie jelektricheskih mashin avtonomnyh ob’ektov [Design of electric machines of autonomous objects]. Moscow, Publishing House MPEI, 2012, 302 pp. (In Russian).

5. Ovchinnikov I.E. Ventil'nye jelektricheskie dvigateli i privod na ih osnove (malaja i srednjaja moshhnost') [Valve electric motors and the drive based on them (low and medium power)]. Moscow, Publishing House MPEI, 2006, 336 pp. (In Russian).

6. Ismagilov F.R., Khayrullin I.Kh., Vavilov V.E. Efficiency coefficient of high-speed electro-mechanical energy converters with highly coercive permanent magnets. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Elektromekhanika [Russian Electromechanics], 2015, no. 2(538), pp. 12-19. (In Russian)

7. Kolondzovski Z., Arkkio A., Larjola I. Power limits of High Speed Multimegawatt Permanent Magnet Electrical Maschines for Compressor Applications. IEEE Tranactions on Energy Conversion, 2011, vol. 26, no. 1, pp.73-82.

8. Uzhegov N., Nerg N., Pyrhonen J. Design of 6-slot 2-pole High-Speed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Maschines with Tooth-Coil Windings. International Conference on Electrical Machines ICEM, Berlin, Germany, September 2014, pp. 2525-2530.

9. Saban M., Gonzalez-Lopez D., Bailey C. Test procedures for High-Speed Multimegawatt Permanent Magnet Synchronous Maschines. IEEE Tranactions on Industy Applications, 2010, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 1769-1777.