download PDF

Abstract

A modern vessel is a complex system that includes many technical means with different functions and operating principles. Electromagnetic interference occurs in electrical power systems, which can cause electrical equipment failures. Ships are characterized by close proximity of highly sensitive equipment, power equipment and cable routes, which are subject to interference. Ensuring electromagnetic compatibility is complicated by the growth of energy saturation of ships, the widespread use of digital technology in control systems and information processing. The paper demonstrates the results of electrostatic discharge for ship cable with the amplitude of 25 kV. The interference is simulated by the simulator ESR-25000 for a braided cable and a metal tube that simulates metal structures on the ship. ESR in the screen of the ship cable leads to the propagation of pulse voltage across the screen and the appearance of voltage on the internal veins. Attenuation of interference at the far end of the cable after 50 meters is not more than 10 % of the original voltage pulse.

Keywords

Electrostatic discharge, electromagnetic compatibility, testing, marine cable, pulse voltage, sensor of voltage, breakdown of the insulation, noise.

Alexander A. Worshevsky

D.Sc. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Professor, Head of Electrical Engineering and Ship Electrical Equipment Department, St. Petersburg State Marine Technical University, St. Petersburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Evgenii S. Grishakov

Post-graduate student, 2nd category Engineer, Electrical Engineering and Ship Electrical Equipment Department, St. Petersburg State Marine Technical University, St. Petersburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: 0000-0002-2002-6377.

1. GOST 30804.4.2-2013 (IEC 61000-4-2:2008). Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Resistance to electrostatic discharge. Requirements and testing methods.

2. Pravila tehnicheskogo nabljudenija za postrojkoj sudov i izgotovleniem materialov i izdelij dlja sudov (Chast IV «Tehnicheskoe nabljudenie za izgotovleniem izdelij» ND №2-020101-118) Rossijskogo morskogo registra su-dohodstva, 2019 g. [Rules of technological control of vessel building and production of materials and parts for ships (Part IV “Rules of technological control of part production” ND no. 2-020101-118) of the Russian register of shipping, 2019]. St. Petersburg, Russian register of shipping, 2019.

3. Kechiev L.N. Baljuk N.V. Zarubezhnye voennye standarty v oblasti JeMS [Foreign military standards in the field of electromagnetic compatibility] // Under the editorship of L.N. Kechiev. Мoscow: Grifon, 2014. 448 p. (In Russian)

4. Worshevskii A.A., Galperin V.E. Jelektromagnitnaja sovmestimost sudovyh tehnicheskih sredstv [Electromagnetic compatibility of ship technical equipment]; SPbGMTU. St. Petersburg, 2006, 317 p. (In Russian)

5. Worshevskii A.A., Agafonov A.M., Grishakov E.S. Measuring of nanosecond pulses caused by an electrostatic discharge // Jenergeticheskie i jelektrotehnicheskie sistemy [Power supply and electrical systems]: international collection of scientific papers. – Issue 5 / under the editorship of S.I. Lukyanov, E.G. Neshporenko. Magnitogorsk: Publishing center of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2018, pp. 121-129. (In Russian)

6. Bazeljan Je.M., Razhanskij I.M. Iskrovoj razrjad v vozduhe [Spark discharge in the air]. Novosibirsk: Science. Siberian branch, 1988, 165 p. (In Rusian)