download PDF

Abstract

The work is dedicated to reaction wheel assembly automatic control system design as a part of spacecraft orientation system. The data processing algorithms for resolver-to-digital converter 1310NM025 output signals are given in this paper. This chip is used as a feedback signal source in dynamic rotary torque control system. Two measuring channels of the chip are involved. They are configured to receive the same input resolver signals with different resolutions (fine and coarse ones). Thus, the algorithms are used for the maximum output signal resolution expanding by mixing fine and coarse channel measurement results. The first algorithm adds up the fine channel rotation speed value depending on its overflows number. The second algorithm is necessary for setting initial rotation speed measurement of the first one when the system starts. It is also needed to make sure that rotation speed measurement is working correctly during reaction wheel assembly operation. Thus, the increased digital velocity signal resolution can be achieved without limiting rotation speed of resolver by using the above methods. The considered system is fully implemented by using domestic electronic components, which also includes the 1310NM025 chip developed by Milandr Inc. and field-programmable gate array 5576ХС6Т. Verilog HDL has been used for the above algorithms digital implementation. The designed rotation speed measurement prototype and the whole system positive experiment results were obtained.

Keywords

Rotation speed measurement, a static control system, reaction wheel assembly, field-programmable gate array, resolver-to-digital converter, dynamic torque control, acceleration control, 1310NM025 chip, spacecraft orientation and stabilisation system, resolver, rotor position detector, digital control system, measuring channels mixing, resolution increasing method.

Viktor A. Russkin

Design engineer, Research Division of the Automation Department, JSC “Scientific & Industrial Centre “Polyus”, Tomsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9251-1761.

Nikolay N. Balkovoy

Ph.D. (Engineering), Principal engineer, Research Division of the Automation Department, JSC “Scientific & Industrial Centre “Polyus”, Tomsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3214-2567.

Alexander N. Butakov

Head of the laboratory, Research Division of the Automation Department, JSC “Scientific & Industrial Centre “Polyus”, Tomsk, Russia.

1. Iosifyan A.G. Elektromekhanika v kosmose [Electromechanics in space]. Moscow, Znanie Publ., 1997. 64 p. (In Russian)

2. Ishlinskii A.Yu. Orientatsiya, giroskopi i inertsialnaya navigatsiya [Orientating, gyroscopes and inertial navigation]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1976. 670 p. (In Russian)

3. Ignatov A.I., Davydov A.A., Sazonov V.V. The analysis of dynamic capabilities of the control systems by the spacecraft built on the basis of the reaction wheels. Preprinty IMP imeni Keldysha [Preprint, Inst. Appl. Math., the Russian Academy of Science, 2005, no. 47]. (In Russian)

4. Bronov S.A., Marareskul A.V. Avtomatisirovannoe proektirovanie elektromekhanicheskikh system [Automated design of electromechanical systems]. Krasnoyarsk, SFU Publ., 2009. 122 p. (In Russian)

5. Shreiner R.T. Sistemy podchinennogo regulirovaniya elektroprivodov [Systems of subordinate regulation of electric drives], Yekaterinburg, Russian State Professional and Pedagogical University, 2008, 279 p. (In Russian)

6. Shreiner R.T., Emelyanov A.A., Klishin A.V., Medvedev A.V. Simulation of load torque of electric motors in MATLAB. Molodoy uchenyi [Young scientist], 2010, no. 8(19), vol. 1, pp. 6-12. (In Russian)

7. Yakimovskii D.O. Increasing accuracy of motor-handwheel moment control. Gyroskopiya i Navigatsiya [Gyroscopy and navigation], 2008, no. 3(62), pp. 46-52. (In Russian)

8. Balkovoy N.N., Muravyatkin Yu.E., Lyanzburg V.P., Mikhalchenko G.Ya. Digital astatic electric drive of the spacecraft orientation and stabilization system. Doklady Tomskogo universiteta sistem upravleniya i radioelektroniki [Proceedings of Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics], 2014, no. 3(33), pp. 168-175. (In Russian)

9. Balkovoy N.N., Mikhalchenko G.Ya. Digital reference model of the reaction wheel used in a spacecraft orientation and stabilization system. Doklady Tomskogo universiteta sistem upravleniya i radioelektroniki [Proceedings of Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics], 2014, no. 3(33), pp. 161-167. (In Russian)

10. Balkovoy N.N. Analysis of application specifics of a reaction wheel with intrinsic disturbing moments compensation. Vestnik Moskovskogo Aviatsionnogo Instituta [Aerospace MAI Journal, 2018, no. 3, vol. 25, pp. 203-211]. (In Russian)

11. 1310NM025 Technical reference 2.1.0. https://ic.milandr.ru/products/atsp_i_tsap/1310nm025/#docs_tab

12. 1310NM025 Errata (07.06.2019) https://ic.milandr.ru/products/atsp_i_tsap/1310nm025/#docs_tab