download PDF

Abstract

A variant of the power part of a step-up DC-DC converter for supplying autonomous voltage inverters for industrial inverter frequency converters is proposed. The converter feature is the operation of three autonomous voltage inverters modules for separate high-frequency transformers, the primary windings of which are connected respectively to each autonomous voltage inverters module, and the secondary windings are connected in series, which makes it possible to increase the converted power without exceeding the rated parameters of industrial modules. To limit overvoltages on the diodes of the output rectifier and to accelerate the process of their switching (closing), an additional circuit is used in the converter with a branch from the smoothing choke of the DC link filter. The principle of operation of a step-up DC-DC converter illustrated by diagrams of control signals of its power switches is considered. The results of the simulation of switching processes and experimental studies of them on a real step-up DC-DC converter, which are presented in the paper, confirmed the efficiency and effectiveness of the proposed version of its power circuit while ensuring all the required operating modes.

Keywords

DC-DC converter, high-frequency transformer, rectifier, overvoltage, control system, experimental studies, mathematical modeling.

Evgeni V. Volodin

Graduate student, the Department of automated electric drive, Power Engineering Institute (MPEI) (National Research Institute), Moscow, Russia. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9081-8660

Oleg I. Osipov

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, the Department of automated electric drive, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (MPEI) (National Research Institute), Moscow, Russia.

1. Meleshin V.I. Tranzistornaya preobrazovatelnaya tekhnika [Transistor converter technology]. Moscow: Technosphere, 2005. 632 p. (In Russian)

2. Passport “Module based on BVD 5M6BVD” “Electrum AV”.

3. Severns R., Bloom G. Impulsnye preobrazovateli postoyannogo napryazheniya dlya system vtorichnogo elektropitaniya [Pulse DC-voltage converters for secondary power systems]. Translated from English by L.E. Smolnikov. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1988. 294 p., Illustrated. (In Russian)

4. Chernykh I.V. Modeliroanie elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroystv v MatLab, SimPowerSystems i Simulink [Simulation of electrical devices in MatLab, SimPowerSystems and Simulink]. Moscow: DMK Press, St. Petersburg: Peter, 2008. 288 p. (In Russian)