download PDF

Abstract

In order to identify the best control algorithm, studies were made based on the effect of modulation control algorithms on the energy characteristics of a two-level autonomous inverter of a frequency converter. The research was carried out using mathematical and simulation methods. The equations of mathematical description were formulated taking into account a number of generally accepted assumptions. An equivalent circuit of a two-level autonomous inverter, comparisons of the algorithms of pulse-width modulation with carrier signals of various shapes and frequencies were made. Three different forms of the carrier signal were used: triangular, sawtooth with a trailing edge and sawtooth with a leading edge. The studies were performed at frequencies of 3000, 6000 and 9000 Hz. The conclusions were made about the identity of the spectral composition of the leading and trailing edges of the sawtooth signal, it was also noted that with the triangular waveform the part of the harmonics present in the sawtooth form is removed, that is, the triangular shape provides the best result of the operation of the autonomous inverter. Also, when the frequency of the carrier signal was increased, it was noted that the pulse packets appeared on different harmonic numbers, shifted, and the magnitude and distortion coefficient decreased, that is, the best indicators were obtained at the maximum frequency under study. When examining the voltage at the output of the chokes at a different frequency of the carrier signal, it was noted that at a higher value the pulsation frequencies of the output voltage decrease. Chokes do not eliminate harmonics but only reduce their amplitude. On the basis on the obtained results, it is concluded that the algorithm with a triangular carrier signal and maximum frequency provides the best harmonic composition of the output voltage of the frequency converter.

Keywords

Electric drive, frequency converter, autonomous inverter, pulse width modulation.

Anatoliy E. Kozyaruk

D.Sc. (Engineering), Professor, Department of electric energy and electrical engineering, Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Bogdan Yu. Vasilev

Ph.D. (Engineering), Associate Professor, Department of electric energy and electrical engineering, Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4018-0507.

Elena E. Sheludchenko

Master degree student, Department of electric energy and electrical engineering, Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Vendzhizuva Mbueen

Student, Department of electric energy and electrical engineering, Saint-Petersburg Mining University. Saint-Petersburg, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Braslavsky I.Ya., Ishmatov Z.Sh., Polyakov V.N. Energosberegayuschiy asinkhronnyi elektroprivod [Energy-saving asynchronous electric drive]. Moscow: ACADEMA, 2004. 202 p. (In Russian)

2. Ershov M.S., Yarizov A.D. Energosberegayuschiy elektroprivod tekhnologicheskikh ustnovok truboprovodnogo transporta gaza, nefti i nefteproduktov [Energy-saving electric drive of technological installations for pipeline transport of gas, oil and oil products]. Moscow: Publishing center of Gubkin oil and gas Institute. THEM. 2011. 247 p. (In Russian)

3. Hollandtsev Yu. A. Ventilnye induktorno-reaktivnye dvigateli [Ventilating inductor jet engines]. S.Peterburg: SSC RF - CRI "Electropribor", 2003. 148 p. (In Russian)

4. Ilyinskii N.F., Moskalenko V.V. Elektroprivod: energo- i resursosberezhenie [Power Drives: Energy and Resource Saving]. Moscow: Publishing Center "Akademiya", 2008. 208 p. (In Russian)

5. Kuznetsov V.A., Kuzmichev V.A. Ventilno-induktornye dvigateli [Gate-inductor motors]. Moscow: Izd. MPEI, 2003. 70 p. (In Russian)

6. Leznov B.S. Energosberezhenie i reguliruemyi privod v nasosnykh i vozdukhoduvnykh ustanovkakh [Energy saving and adjustable drive in pumping and blowing plants] Moscow: Energo-atomizdat, 2006. 306 p. (In Russian)

7. Pronin M.V., Vorontsov A.G. Silovye polnostyu upravlyaemye poluprovodnikovye preobrazovateli (modelirovanie i raschet) [Power fully-controlled semiconductor converters (simulation and calculation)], under the editorship of Krutyakov E.A. St. Petersburg: Electrosila, 2003. 172 p. (In Russian)

8. Pronin M.V., Vorontsov A.G. Elektromekhanotronnye kompleksy i ikh modelirovanie po vzaimosvyazannym podsistemam [Electromechanotron complexes and their modeling based on interconnected subsystems]. St. Petersburg: Ladoga. 2017. 222 p. (In Russian)

9. Pronin M.V., Vorontsov A.G., Kalachikov P.N., Emelyanov A.P. Elektroprivody i sistemy s elektricheskimi mashinami i poluprovodnikonymi preobrazovatelyami (modelirovanie, raschet, primenenie) [Electric drives and systems with electrical machines and semiconductor converters (simulation, calculation, application)]. Edited by Krutyakov E.A. Saint Petersburg: Power Machines Electrosila, 2004. 252 p. (In Russian)

10. Zinoviev G.S. Osnovy silovoy elektroniki [Fundamentals of power electronics]. Novosibirsk: NSTU, 2002. (In Russian)

11. A.V. Geist., Multilevel voltage inverter with a fourth rack in the system of generating electric power of alternating current. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov NGTU [Collection of scientific works of NSTU]. 2007, no. 4 (50). (In Russian)

12. Filatov V. Two- and three-level inverters on IGBT. Silovaya elektronika [Power electronics], 2012. no. 4. (In Russian)

13. Heumann K. Trends in semiconductor devices and impact on power electronics and electric drives. International Conference «Power electronics motion control». Conference Publication. Vol. 2. Warsaw, 1994.

14. E.I. Barats. Energy Efficiency in Motor Driven System. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003. 550 p.