download PDF

Abstract

The main causes of deviation in the width of a transfer bar at a plate mill are listed in the paper. It was shown that one of the effective ways to improve the sheet shape is to form a double conical profile at the ends of the transfer bar during rolling. The authors introduced the modes of rolling with automatic profile control as an advance technology applied at modern rolling mills. One of the disadvantages noted in the paper is the discrepancy between the speed of the metal leaving the rolls and the linear speed of the rolling table before the roll stand in the process of moving the screw-down structures. Another disadvantage is low accuracy of the skew compensation of the roll gap along the rolling sides, which is determined by the setting of the aligning control of rolling. The authors examined the mechanism and the operating principle of the system of automatic strip thickness control of the convertible stand of the plate mill 5000. A method of control is suggested, which adjusts the speed of rolls in proportion to the displacement of the screw-down structures. The mechanism implementing this method in the structure of the operating system of the automatic strip thickness control is shown in the paper. The authors justified application of the proportional-differential RAC control and give some recommendations on its setting. Oscillograph records of rolling forces and correction signals on hydraulic screw-down structures are given and the decrease in the skew of the roll gap is confirmed. The research group considered the oscillograph records of screw-down structure coordinates and the velocity of electric drives in the process of forming inverted conic profile at the tail part of the transfer bar for the cases of design and recommended setting of the RAC control device. A conclusion was made about the decrease in the matching error of the gap at the side of the electric drive and at the side of the control pulpit. A number of recommendations on practical implementation of the suggested technical solutions are given.

Keywords

Plate mill, grooved rolling, convertible stand, system of automatic thickness control, electric drive, adjustment, hydraulic screw-down structures, gap, RAC control device, setting, experimental studies, recommendations.

Vadim R. Gasiyarov

Ph.D. (Engineering), Head of the Department of Mechatronics and Automation, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9635-4716.

1. Trayno A.I. Issledovanie i razrabotka resursosberegayushscikh rezhimov proizvodstva listovoy stali. Avtoref. Diss. Doktora tekhn. nauk. [Examination and development of resource-saving modes of sheet steel production. Abstract of D.Sc. Diss.]. Moscow: A.A. Baikov Institute of metallurgy and material science of the RAS. 2009. 51 p.

2. Rudenko E.A., Yureyko A.Z. Influence of local reductions of corner sections of slab ends on a horizontal press on the slab shape. Metallurgiya i obrabotka metallov [Metallurgy and metal treatment]. Donetsk, 2007. http://www.masters.donntu.org/2010/fmf/borzenkov/library/tez5.htm (In Russian)

3. Tkachenko O.F., Rudenko E.A. Raschet parametrov formy raskatov v plane po prokhodam na stadiyakh chernovoy prokatki tolstykh listov [Calculation of transfer bar shape parameters along the passes at the stage of roughing rolling of plates]. http://masters.donntu.org/2016/fmf/tkachenko/library/article1.htm (In Russian)

4. Shabalov I.P. Investigation of transfer bar shape forming on the plate mill 2800// Proizvodztvo prokata [Rolled stock production]. 2004, no. 8, pp. 2-8. (In Russian)

5. Khramshin V.R., Khramshina E.A., Karandaev A.S., Gasiyarov V.R., Voronin S.S. Control Methods and Systems Providing Reduced Consumption Index at Rolled Product Manufacture at Plate Mill. Proceedings of the IEEE NW Russia Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Conference (EIConRus). 2017. P. 1540-1544. DOI: 10.1109/EIConRus.2017.7910865.

6. Fascinating heavy plate //SMS-group – https://www.sms-group.com/sms-group/downloads/download-detail/17549.

7. Nomiyama Yuji, Yazawa Takeo, Yasui Hirotsugu. Latest Plate Production Technology of Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation. Nippon Steel & Sumitomo metal technical report. No. 110, September 2015, pp. 8-16.

8. Development of new plane view control technique in plate rolling (NCC-DBR). Nippon Kokan Technical Report. 1983, no. 39, pp. 21-30.

9. Oswald W., Streisselberger A., Thul R., Nehrenberg M.-J., Kirsch J. Heavy plates with special process design to meet extreme customer requirements. METEC Congr. 94: 2nd Eur. Continuous Cast. Conf. and 6 th Int. Roll. Conf., Dusseldorf, June 20-22, 1994: Proc. Vol. 2. Dusseldorf, 1994, pp. 42-51.

10. Aqrusti K., De Vito A., Liquory A.G., Paolicchi M. New developments in improving shape control, yield and flexibility of heavy plate mills. METEC Congr. 94: 2nd Eur. Continuons Cast. Conf. and 6 th Int. Roll. Conf., Dusseldorf, June 20-22, 1994: Proc. Vol. 2. Dusseldorf, 1994, pp. 86-92.

11. Shubin A.G., Loginov B.M., Khramshin V.R., Evdokimov S.A., Karandaev A.S. System of Automated Control of Hydraulic Screw-down Mechanisms of Plate Mill Stand. Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Control Systems (MEACS). 2015. 6 p. DOI 10.1109/MEACS.2015.7414858.

12. GOST 26877-91. Metal products. Effective as of 01.07.92. (In Russian)

13. Salganik V.M., Gun I.G., Karandaev A.S., Radionov A.A. Tonkoslyabovye liteino-prokatnye agregaty dlya proizvodstva stalnykh polos [Thin slab casting-rolling machines for steel strip production]. Мoscow: N.E. Bauman MGTU, 2003. 506 p. (In Russian)

14. Bychkov V.P. Elektroprivod i avtomatizatsiya metallurgicheskogo proizvodstva [Electric drive and automation of metallurgy]. Мoscow: High School, 1977. 391 p. (In Russian)

15. Spravochnik po proektirovaniyu elektroprivoda, silovykh i osvetitelnykh priborov [Reference book on design of electric drive, power and illuminating equipment]. Under the editorship of Ya.M. Bolsham, V.I. Krupovich, M.L. Samover.М.: Energy, 1975. 728 p. (In Russian)