download PDF

Abstract

The paper rationalizes the relevance of the development of a high-voltage ac motor starter that is simple in construction, low cost and energy effective. It also presents the calculated oscillograms of the electromagnetic transient moment, when the reactor or across-the-line starting of a motor takes place, and the oscillograms at various initial conditions of switching the motor to the supply-line voltage. It is estimated how the timing of switching the engine to the supply-line voltage influences the oscillation of the electromagnetic transient moment at the final stage of the reactor start. The paper also verifies the possibility of the switch process implementation with an almost complete elimination of the oscillation of the electromagnetic transient moment and discusses the ways of solving the problem of the soft switching of a reactor device with a soft start to the line voltage. The idea and the scheme of the implementation of a hybrid thyrister-reactor of a motor starter is estimated and discussed. The role of the high voltage thyristor switch considered as a device of short time action that provides some practical elimination of the oscillation of the electromagnetic transient moment when switching to the supply-line voltage, is rationalized as well. The paper discusses the results of simulating the system “Reactor start device as an induction motor”, verifying the possibility of complete elimination of the oscillation of the electromagnetic transient moment when switching the engine to the supply-line voltage at any stage of the starting process.

Keywords

Asynchronous motor, reactor start-up, transient electromagnetic moment, oscillation, favorable switching point, reactor-thyristor device.

Anwar S. Sarvarov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, the Department of Automated Electrical Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Maksim V. Vecherkin

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, the Department of physics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Irina Yu. Bogacheva

Assistant Professor, the Department of physics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Ekaterina S. Petryakova

Undergraduate of the Department of Automated Electrical Drive and Mechatronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Mikhail Yu. Petushkov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, the Department of Electronics and Microelectronics Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Onishchenko G.B., Yunkov M.G. The importance of the automatic electric drive to the modernization of the economy. Proceedings of the 7th International (the 7th All-Russian) Scientific and Technical Conference on the automatic electric drive. Ivanovo, 2012, pp 4-9. (In Russian)

2. Osipov O.I., Slavgorogsky V.B. The current state and perspectives of modernization of the automatic electric drive for rolling mills in ferrous metallurgy. Proceedings of the 4th International (the 15th All-Russian) Conference on the automatic electric drive “The automatic electric drive in the 21st century: ways of development”, part 1, Magnitogorsk, 2004, pp. 16-23. (In Russian)

3. Sarvarov A.S., Petushkov M.Yu., Vecherkin M.V. Osnovy postroeniya transformatorno-tiristornykh puskovykh ustroystv dlya vysokovol'tnykh asinkhronnykh elektroprivodov [Fundamentals of the construction of transformer thyristor startup systems for high voltage asynchronous drives]. Magnitogorsk, 2013, 105 p. (In Russian)

4. Vecherkin M.V., Sarvarov A.S., Makarov A.V., Fachretdinova G.M. The assessment of the oscillating term of the transient moment and the timing of switching to the supply-line voltage at reactor start of high voltage asynchronous electric drives. Vestnik YuUrGU. Ser. «Energetika» [Bulletin of SUSU. Series “Power engineering”], 2016, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 84-88. (In Russian)

5. Slavgorodskaya E.V., Slavgorogsky V.B., Sarvarov I.A., Vecherkin M.V. Modelling of the startup process of asynchronous engines when using thyristor voltage regulators, reactors, autotransformers and transformer thyristor startup systems. Proceedings of the 7th International (the 7th All-Russian) Scientific and Technical Conference on the automatic electric drive. Ivanovo, 2012, pp. 350-355. (In Russian)

6. Braslavsky I.Ya., Ishmatov Z.Sh., Polyakov V.N. Energosberegayushchiy asinkhronnyy elektroprivod [Energy saving asynchronous electric drive]. Moscow, Academy, 2004. 256 p. (In Russian)

7. Sokolov M.M., Petrov L.P., Masandilov L.B., Ladenson V.A. Elektromagnitnye perekhodnye protsessy v asinkhronnom elektroprivode [Electromagnetic transients in an asynchronous engine], Moscow, 1967, 201 p. (In Russian)

8. Petrov L.P. Upravlenie puskom i tormozheniem asinkhronnykh dvigateley [Start-stop control of asynchronous engines]. Moscow, 1981, 184 p. (In Russian)

9. Barsky V.A. Ustroystva plavnogo puska elektrodvigatelya peremennogo toka i reaktor dlya ukazannogo ustroystva [The reduced-current starter of an ac motor and its reactor]. Patent RF, no. 2407139, 2010.

10. Barsky V.A., Bikanov R.K. Development and implementation of a series of reduced-current starters. Elektromekhanichni I energozberigayuchi sistemi [Electromechanical low power systems]. 2012, iss. 3(19).

11. www.ruselt.ru/catalogs/ruselt-catalog-ac-dc.pdf

12. Selivanov I.A., Lukyanov S.I., Karandaev A.S., Sarvarov A.S. Innovations Of NMSTU in the field of the development of highly dynamic energy efficient electric drives. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2009. no. 2, pp. 42-48. (In Russian)

13. Anisimov D.M., Sarvarov I.A., Petushkov M.Yu., Sarvarov A.S. Puskovoe ustroystvo trekhfaznogo vysokovol'tnogo elektrodvigatelya peremennogo toka [The startup system of a three phase high-voltage ac motor]. The certificate on the utility model № 82963, 2009, no. 3.

14. Vecherkin M.V., Petushkov M.Yu., Sarvarov A.S. Capacity of the transformer thyristor structure as a startup system of high voltage asynchronous drives. Vestnik Ivanovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Ivanovo State Technical University], 2013, iss. 1, pp. 88-91. (In Russian)