download PDF

Abstract

This article considers statistics of failures for limiting equipment. The examined equipment is stationed in two workshops (“CRMO-1” and “OMC”) of LLC “Mekhanoremontniy complex” – a subsidiary company of OJSC “Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works”. The represented data covers failures of electrical equipment during 2012-2013 and allows us to establish causes of failures and contains data of maintenance and repair time. Failures of electrical equipment consist of multiple failures, which differ from each other by type and cause. After analyzing the time spent for localizing and eliminating failures, it became possible to determine disadvantages of the current system of maintenance and repair. The main purposes of this article are to determine bottlenecks in the current system of maintenance and repair, to provide recommendations to improve performance. The main causes of electrical failures were defined based on that statistics. As a result, it became possible to develop a diagnosis methodology for identifying failures within complex electrotechnical systems – such as multi-axis metal-cutting CNC machines. Metal-cutting CNC machines represent a conglomerate of different subsystems united between themselves. Failures were categorized in types, most difficult and time-consuming, which types of equipment were most vulnerable. It was proposed to create a guidance books about maintenance and repair of such equipment. Such guidance would improve the level of training for personnel and streamline the structure of repairs. It is expected that idle time would decrease. Aforementioned guidances were created in the form of flowcharts, which help to determine type of failure and front of repairs. The result of this research would be used to create a guidance book for the personnel of LLC “Mekhanoremontniy complex” for review and training.

Keywords

Electrical drive, failure, idle time, electrics, electrical equipment, control electronics, CNC, methodology, maintenance and repairs.

Oleg S. Belousov

Postgraduate Student, Power Engineering And Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk Russia.

Mikhail Y. Petushkov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Professor of electronics and microelectronics department, Power Engineering And Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk Russia.

Dmitriy V. Shcherbina

Postgraduate Student, Power Engineering And Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk Russia.

1. Kuptsov V.V., Petushkov M.Y., Sarvarov A.S. Sovremennie metody diagnostirovania asynchronnih drigatelei i ih razvitie [Modern methods of diagnosis for asynchronous drives and their development]. Magnitogorsk, NMSTU, 2010, 247 p. (In Russian)

2. Lukianov S.I., Karandaev S.A., Sarvarov A.S., Petushkov M.Y., Khramshin V.R. Developing and implementing of intellectual diagnostic system for technical condition of electrical equipment. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 129–136 (In Russian)

3. Belousov O.S., Kuznyakov E.V., Petushkov M.Y. Complex real-time diagnostics of industrial equipment. Aktualnie problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrazovania [Actual problems of modern science, technology and education]. 2013, part 2, no. 71, pp. 30–32 (In Russian)

4. Belousov O.S., Petushkov M.U., Shcherbina D.V. Operational problems of electronics in CNC machines. Aktualnie problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrazovania [Actual problems of modern science, technology and education]. 2014, part 2, pp. 124–127 (In Russian)

5. Solomentsev U.M., Sosonkin V.L., Martinov G.M. Development of PCNC based on open systems. Informatsionnie tekhnologii i vichislitelnie systemi [Information technology and computer systems] 1997, no. 3, pp. 68–75 (In Russian)

6. Kluev V.V., Parhomenko P.P., Abramchuk V.E. Tekhnicheskie sredstva diagnostirovania [Technical methods of diagnostics]. Moscow: Machinostroenie, 1982, 672 p. (in Russian)

7. Kostukov A.V., Kostukov V.N. Povishenie operacionnoi effectivnosti predpriatii na osnove monitoringa v realnom vremeni [Increasing of operational effectiveness for enterprises based on real-time monitoring]. Moscow: Machinostroenie, 2009, 192 p. (In Russian)