download PDF

Abstract

When designing electrical systems and systems with power electronics devices exceptionally great attention is paid to assessing the quality of electricity, the efficiency of its consumption and use. In many works in this direction of research conducted in MatLab using blocks and modules of the electrical section SimPowerSystems, which places without measuring modules of indicators characterizing the quality of current and voltage. Also there are no calculators for power factors and efficiency. To eliminate this gap, the authors developed modules for computing quality and efficiency of consumption and energy use in MatLab. There are specialized calculators of efficiency and power factor. They were developed as measuring modules for assessment of current distortion, non-sinusoidal voltage sensors and active, reactive and apparent power, deviations and voltage fluctuations. The methods of determining and principles of measurement as well as the deployed schemes of modules and the results of numerical experimentation in electrical circuits and the measuring accuracy are evaluated. All the computing modules are combined into a common information-measuring system, which controls all power indicators when performing numerical experiments in research.

Keywords

Block-modular mathematical models, measuring modules, total power and its active and reactive components, power and efficiency factors, current distortion and non-sinusoidal voltage coefficients.

Stepan V. Klimash

Postgraduate student, Far Eastern State Transport University (FESTU), Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia.

Vladimir S. Klimash

Professor, Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University (KnASTU), Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia.

Stanislav V. Vlasayevsky

Professor, Far Eastern State Transport University (FESTU), Khabarovsk, Russia.

1. Soloduho Y.Yu. Sostoyaniye i perspektivy vnedreniya v elektroprivod staticheskikh kompensatorov reaktivnoy moshchnosti (obobshcheniye otechestvennogo i zarubezhnogo opyta). Reaktivnaya moshchnost v setyakh s nesinusoidalnymi tokami i staticheskiye ustroystva dlya yeye kompensatsii [Status and prospects of introducing static reactive power compensators into electric drives (generalization of domestic and foreign experience). Reactive power in networks with nonsinusoidal currents and static devices for its compensation]. Moscow: Informelektro. 1981. 88 p. (In Russian)

2. Vlasyevsky S.V., Klimash S.V Programmnyy kompleks v srede MatLab dlya issledovaniya sistem tyagovogo i promyshlennogo elektrosnabzheniya s primeneniyem ustroystv silovoy elektroniki na transformatornykh podstantsiyakh [The certificate of the Russian Federation №2016616629 on the complex of computer programs. The software complex in the MatLab environment for the study of traction and industrial power supply systems with the use of power electronics devices at transformer sub-stations]. Publ. July 20, 2016. Bul. no. 7. (In Russian)

3. Klimash V.S. Regulirovochnyye svoystva, energeticheskiye pokazateli i matematicheskoye modelirovaniye v srede MatLab vypryamiteley i regulyatorov peremennogo napryazheniya [Regulating properties, energy indicators and mathematical modeling in the MatLab environment of rectifiers and variable voltage regulators]: Komsomolsk-on-Amur, KnAGTU, 2015. 114 p. (In Russian)

4. Chernykh I.V. Simulink: Instrument modelirovaniya dinamicheskikh sistem [Simulink: Instrument for modeling of dynamic systems]. Moscow: Dialogue of MEPhI, 2003. 252 p. (In Russian)

5. Chernykh I.V. SimPowerSystems: Modelirovaniye elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroystv i sistem v Simulink [SimPowerSystems: Simulation of electro-technical devices and systems in Simulink]. Available at: Matlab.exponenta.ru

6. Chernykh I.V. Modelirovaniye elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroystv v MATLAB, SimPowerSystem i Simulink [Modeling of electrical devices in MATLAB, SimPowerSystem and Simulink], Moscow: DMK Press, 2008. 288 p. (In Russian)

7. German-Galkin S.G. Kompyuternoye modelirovaniye poluprovodnikovykh sistem v MATLAB 6.0 [Computer simulation of semi-conductor systems in MATLAB 6.0]. S. Peterburg: Crown print, 2001. 320 p. (In Russian)

8. Demchenko Yu.S. Investigation of energy characteristics of high energy factor correctors. Еlекtrоnіка tа zvyazок [Electronics and connectivity], 2014, vol. 19, no. 6(83), pp. 34–37.

9. Rodriquez J., Moran L., Pontt J., Osorio R., Kouro S. Modeling and analysis of common-mode voltages generated in medium voltage. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2003, vol. 18, no. 3, p. 873.

10. Rogulina L.G., Sedinin V.I., Fedosov E.V. Measurement of higher harmonics of current for rectifying devices by simulation modeling and MatLab. 2012 11th International Conference on Actual Problems of Electronic Instrument Engineering. APEIE 2012 – Proceedings 2012, pp. 106–109.