download PDF

Abstract

The paper is concerned with the synthesis of the automatic control system based on the experimental statistical model of the gas-dynamic operating mode of a continuous furnace in the process of practical implementation of the energy-saving method of heat load distribution by the heating zones, when up to 40% of the total heat load of the furnace is supplied to the soaking zone. Planning and implementation of the complete active 25 factorials were considered for a four-zone continuous furnace under actual operating conditions. The paper describes the results of the plan implementation and the statistical appraisal of obtaining the results to develop adequate models of pressure distribution along the furnace working chamber in order to choose the most representative pressure take-off for the automatic control system of the gas-dynamic mode in the working zone. Implementation of the suggested method of pressure take-off made it possible, without any significant costs, to decrease the specific consumption of the fuel equivalent value by 1.7 kg/t when the automatic control of gas-dynamic mode of a continuous furnace is applied.

Keywords

Gas-dynamic mode, pressure, active complete factorial, statistical appraisal, mathematical models, efficiency, pressure take-off point.

Boris N. Parsunkin

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Irina G. Samarina

Assistant Professor, Automated Control Systems Department, Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Andreev S.M., Parsunkin B.N. Optimizatsiya rezhimov up-ravleniya nagrevom v pechakh prokhodnogo tipa: mono-grafiya [Optimization of Control Modes of Heating Through-type Furnaces. Monograph]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Publ., 2013, 375 p. (In Russian)

2. Parsunkin B.N., Bushmanova M.V., Andreev S.M. Statis-ticheskoe issledovanie i modelirovanie ekonomicheskikh i tekhnologicheskikh protsessov metallurgicheskogo proizvod-stva [Statistical research and modeling of economic and technological processes of metallurgical production. Tutorial]. Magnitogorsk, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University Publ., 2007, 315 p. (In Russian)

3. Yan A. Chai T., Wu F., Wang P. Hybrid intelligent control of combustion process for ore-roasting furnace. Journal of Control Theory and Applications. 2008. Vol. 6, no. 1. pp. 80–85.

4. Paul D. Berger, Samuel C. Hanna, Robert E. Maurer 101 Special Practice Problems in Probability and Statistics. Marsh Publications, 2005. 288 p.

5. Tsimbal V.P. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie metalur-gicheskikh protsessov [Mathematical modeling of metallur-gical processes. Tutorial]. Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 1986. 240 p.

6. Parsunkin B.N., Degtyarev V.V. Determination of pulse selection space to control the pressure in the working space continuous furnace. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [Steel in Translation], 1992, no.11, pp. 63–65. (In Russian)

7. Nalimov V.V. Teoriya eksperimenta [The theory of the ex-periment]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1971. 208 p. (In Russian)

8. Samarina I.G., Mukhina E.Yu., Bondareva A.R. Statistical model of gas-dynamic mode of a continuous furnace. Sovremennye problemy nauki i puti ikh resheniya [Modern problems of science and their solutions], 2016, no. 28, pp. 56–59. (In Russian)

9. Parsunkin B.N., Bondareva A.R., Polukhina E.I. Selecting the temperature setting for the operational control of metal heating in continuous furnaces. Automation of technological and production processes in metallurgy, 2015, no. 1(7), pp. 9–12. (In Russian)

10. Vasilyev M.I., Parsunkin B.N., Andreev S.M. Energy-saving method of fuzzy control of combustion process in thermal plants. Automation of technological and production processes in metallurgy, 2016, no. 1(11), pp. 66–73. (In Russian)

11. Adler Yu.P., Markova E.V., Granovskiy Yu.V. Planirovanie eksperimenta pri poiske optimalnykh usloviy [Planning ex-periment in the search for optimal conditions]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1976. 202 p.

12. William P Gardiner, G Gettinby Experimental Design Techniques in Statistical Practice: A Practical Software-Based Approach. USA, Philadelphia: Woodhead Published Limited, 1998. 392 p.

13. E. L. Lehmann, J. P. Romano. Chapter 9: Multiple testing and simultaneous inference. Testing statistical hypotheses. 3rd edition: New York: Springer, 2005. 786 p.