download PDF

Abstract

The results of the analytical review of well-known methods and technical means of nondestructive testing (NDT) of steel wire ropes are given. The operational capabilities and features of the functioning of this NDT equipment are considered. The results of the analysis showed that it is necessary to develop new approaches in the field of creating measuring sensors for the systems of technical control and diagnostics of steel ropes. The possibility of creating a new type of "hybrid" NDT method with extended functionality is substantiated on the basis of the ferrosonde. Unlike the traditional ferroprobe method, which uses the modulating action of an alternating magnetic field, the source of which is a multi-turn coil (magnetic dipole), the developed "hybrid" method is based on the use of a vibrator antenna (electric dipole) as a modulator, which initiates magnetoelectric processes in a ferromagnetic medium. In the proposed new method of NDT and its schematic implementation, several physical effects are used simultaneously: the effect of the defect on the character of the spatial distribution of the magnetic flux in the medium; the influence of the defect on the value of the transformer electromotive force; the influence of the defect on the magnitude of the magnetomodulation electromotive force. In fact, the proposed NDT method combines the features of three magnetic NDT methods: a constant magnetic field, an alternating magnetic field, and a ferro-probe method. Application of the proposed algorithmic processing of the measurement results of the output signal of the induction sensor makes it possible to identify the type of defect and to determine its geometric and physicochemical characteristics.

Keywords

Steel rope, non-destructive testing, defect, flaw detector, measuring sensor, magnetosensitive element, magnetic field, ferrosonde, modulator, vibrator antenna.

Ivan V. Bryakin

D.Sc. (Eng.), Senior Researcher, Institute of Automation and Information Technology, National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Igor V. Bochkarev

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Kyrgyz State Technical University after I. Razzakov, Bish-kek, Kyrgyz Republic. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Malinovsky V.A. Steel ropes. Odessa, Astroprint, 2001. 190 p.

2. Berezhinsky V.I., Shatilo A.N. Ropes of mine hoisting in-stallations. Moscow: University Book, 2015. 232 p.

3. Khalfin M.N., et al. Safe operation, control and rejection of steel ropes. Novocherkassk: NSTU, 1995. 184 p.

4. Puzin V.S. Control devices for the state of steel ropes. Mos-cow: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012. 152 p.

5. Non-destructive testing: Handbook: in 8 volumes / Under the general editorship of V.V. Klyuev. Vol. 6: in 3 books. Book. 1: Klyuev VV, Muzhitsky V.F., Gorkunov E.S., Shcherbinin V.Е. Magnetic methods of control. Book. 2:. Filinov V.N., Ketkovich A.A., Filinov M.V. Optical control. Book. 3: Matveyev V.I. Radiowave control. 2 nd ed., Rev. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 2006. 832 p.

6. Tian J., Zhou J., Wang H., Meng G. Literature review of research on the technology of wire rope nondestructive inspection in China and abroad. International Conference on Engineering Technology and Application (ICETA 2015). Volume 22, 2015. doi.org/ 10.1051/matecconf/20152203025.

7. Klyuev V.V. Non-destructive testing and diagnostics. Refer-ence book. Moscow: Machine-building, 2003. 656 p.

8. Jomdecha C., Prateepasen A. Design of modified electro-magnetic main-flux for steel wire rope inspection. NDT E Int. 2009;42:77–83. doi: 10.1016/j.ndteint.2007.10.006.

9. Bryakin I.V. Ferrozond s parafaznym vozbuzhdeniem [Fer-rozond with paraphase excitation]. Problems of automatics and control. Bishkek: Ilim, 2012, no. 1, pp. 105–116.

10. Bryakin I.V. Magnitodinamicheskiy magnitometr dlya zadach defektoskopii [Magnetodynamic magnetometer for flaw detection problems]. Mechatronics, automation, control. M: New technologies, 2013. no. 3, pp. 35–41.

11. Bryakin I.V. Elektrodinamicheskiy modulyator na baze C-antenny [Electrodynamic modulator based on the C-antenna]. Problems of automation and control. Bishkek: Ilim, 2012. no. 1, pp. 117–127.