download PDF

Abstract

The power circuit of the connection of the transformer windings of a 180 t electric arc furnace (EAF-180) of OJSC "Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works" (OJSC "MMK") is considered. It is shown that the main transformer is a three-winding machine capable of regulating the voltage under load in the tertiary winding. The brief characteristic of the control system of the electro-technological regime ArCOS is given. The system acts on the hydraulic system to adjust the position of the electrodes and switch the stages of the voltage-controlled load-transfer devices (OLTP) of the transformer and the reactor. It is shown that the deterioration in the quality of control and the decrease in the reliability of the chipboard are associated with the low system speed. Oscillograms of the arc current are shown when switching the voltage stages of the transformer confirming the presence of long pauses with each switching. This leads to loss of control over the melting mode. The second drawback of the ArCOS system is low speed associated with the inertia of the hydraulic system of electrode movement. Oscillograms of transient processes are presented with different adjustment of the impedance controller, which confirmed this conclusion. As a promising direction, the development of power circuits for furnace transformers with non-contact voltage regulation was noted. The proposed power circuit of the transformer with thyristor voltage regulation in the tertiary winding is realized implementing the well-known concept of voltage control with high dynamics. The results of the studies performed by the method of mathematical modeling are presented, which confirmed the feasibility of smooth regulation of voltage in the given range. The possibility of the proposed scheme for regulating the basic mode coordinates is determined at the established ratios of voltages and powers of the main and booster transformers. Directions for further improving the speed of the electrical control system are offered.

Keywords

Electric arc furnace, furnace transformer, power circuit, voltage regulation device, hydraulic electrode moving system, control, response speed, research, contactless regulation, thyristor voltage regulator, development, recommendations.

Ivan A. Yakimov

Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechatronics and Automation, South Ural State University (National Research University)

1. Kornilov G.P., Nikolayev A.A., Yakimov I.A. Osnovnye sposoby regulirovaniya napryazheniya pechnogo transformatora [Main methods of regulating the voltage of the furnace transformer]. Mezhvuzovskiy sbornik nauchnykh trudov “Elektrotekhnicheskiye sistemy i kompleksy” [Interuniversity Collection of Scientific Papers “Electrical Systems and Complexes”]. Magnitogorsk, MGTU, 2008, vol. 15, pp. 247–252. (In Russian)

2. Kempf P., Markvort E., Myulenbek I. Arc furnace 110 kV with load regulation in the intermediate circuit. Ferrous metals [Stahl and Eisen]. 1974, no. 9, pp. 27–28. (In Russian)

3. Nikolaev A.A., Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Vincent Szymanski, Tulupov P.G. Experimental study of electric arc currents harmonic composition for electric arc furnaces of various powers. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of No-sov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2016, vol. 14, no. 3, рр. 106–120. (In Russian)

4. Kornilov G.P., Nikolaev A.A., Yakimov I.A. Methods to increase the effectiveness of the electric arc furnaces by means of power electrical equipments. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta [Journal SUSU], 2009, no. 15, pp. 32–38. (In Russian)

5. Nikolaev A.A. Povysheniye effektivnosti raboty staticheskogo tiristornogo kompensatora sverkhmoshchnoy dugovoy staleplavil'noy pechi. Kand. Diss. [Increase of efficiency of operation of a static var compensator of a ultra-high power electric arc furnace. Ph.D. Diss.]. Magnitogorsk, 2009. (In Russian)

6. Zhuravlev YU.P., Kornilov G.P., Khramshin T.R., Nikolayev A.A., Agapitov Ye.B. Methods for controlling the electric mode of electric arc furnaces. Izvestiya vuzov. El-ektromekhanika [Russian Electromechanics], 2006, no. 4, pp. 76–81. (In Russian)

7. Karandayeva O.I. Characteristic of damages of network and block transformers of OJSC "Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works". Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta [Journal SUSU], 2011, no. 34, рр. 15–20. (In Russian).

8. Karandaev A.S., Evdokimov S.A., Khramshin V.R., Karan-daeva O.I. Information and Measuring System for Electric Arc Furnace Transformer Monitoring. 12th International Conference on Actual Problems of Electronic Insrument En-gineering (АPEIE-2014). Novosibirsk, 2014, vol. 1, pp. 273–279. doi: 10.1109/APEIE.2014.7040896

9. Karandaev A.S., Evdokimov S.A., Khramshin V.R., Lednov R.A. Diagnostic functions of the system of continuous monitoring of technical condition of transformers of aggre-gates of arc steel furnaces. Metallurg [Metallurgist], 2014, no. 8, pp. 53–59. (In Russian)

10. Karandaev A.S., Evdokimov S.A., Sarlybaev A.A., Lednov R.A. Requirements for the monitoring system for the technical condition of the transformer of a super-power arc steel-smelting furnace. Mashinostroyeniye: setevoy elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Russian Internet Journal of Industrial Engineering], 2013, no. 2, pp. 58–68. (In Russian)

11. Evdokimov S.A. Kontrol tekhnicheskogo sostoyaniya RPN transformatora sverkhmoschnoy dugovoy staleplavilnoy pechi [Monitoring of the technical state of the RPN transformer of a super-power arc steel melting furnace]. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta [Journal SUSU], 2014, no. 1, pp. 22–30. (In Russian)

12. Karandaev A.S., Evdokimov S.A., Khramshin V.R., Sarlybaev A.A. Diagnostic monitoring system for the technical condition of the transformer of an arc steel smelting furnace. Elektro. Elektrotekhnika, elektroenergetika, elektrotekhnicheskaya promyshlennost [ELEKTRO. Power engineering. Power industry], 2014, no. 4, pp. 27–33. (In Russian)

13. Nikolaev A.A., Kornilov G.P.,Tulupov P.G., Yakimov I.A., Povelitsa E.V., Anufriev A.V. Design of the improved elec-tric arc and ladle furnaces electrodes position automatic con-trol system. Elektrotekhnika: setevoy elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Russian Internet Journal of Electrical Engineering], 2014, no. 1, pp. 48–58. (In Russian)

14. Yakimov I.A., Nikolayev A.A., Kornilov G.P. Investigation of ultra-high power furnaces with thyristor voltage regulator in the intermediate circuit of the furnace transformer. El-ektrotekhnika: setevoy elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Russian Internet Journal of Electrical Engineering], 2014, no. 1, pp. 41–57. (In Russian)

15. Dzhensini, Dzh., Morello, L., Koassin, Dzh., Fradzhakomo, R. Sposob regulirovaniya toka trekhfaznoy dugovoy elektropechi i ustanovka trekhfaznoy elektrodugovoy pechi pryamogo nagreva [A method for regulating the current of a three-phase electric arc furnace and installing a three-phase electric arc furnace for direct heating]. Patent RF, no. 2086076, 1997.

16. Thomas Lai Wai Ma, Mohammad Sedighu,Brian Kenneth Perkins, Theodorus Anthonius Gerritsen, Janos Rajda. Patent US 6603795, H05B 7/144, H05B 7/148. Power control system for arc electric arc furnace. Aug. 5, 2003.

17. Manoharan Thamodharan, Albrecht Wolf. Patent US 6226313, H0513 7/144. Power source circuit and its control for threephase electric arc furnace to reduce flicker. May 1, 2001.

18. Yakimov I.A., Nikolaev A.A., Barabash R.O., Anohin V.V. Research of furnace transformer secondary voltage thyristor regulator working for electric arc furnace primary current stabilization. Elektrotekhnika: setevoy elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Russian Internet Journal of Electrical Engineering], 2016, no. 4, pp. 3–10. (In Russian)

19. Kornilov G.P., Nikolayev A.A., Yakimov I.A., Povelitsa Ye.V., Anufriyev A.V., Pelagein T.E., Ivanov V.A., Khram-shin T.R. Main reserves of improving the productivity of an electric arc furnace as of the electrical complex. Mezhvuzov-skiy sbornik nauchnykh trudov “Elektrotekhnicheskiye sistemy i kompleksy” [Interuniversity Collection of Scientific Papers “Electrical Systems and Complexes”]. Magnitogorsk, MGTU, 2011, vol. 1, pp. 89–95.

20. Bek G. –P., Volf A. A new concept of a three-phase rectifier supplied from an electric arc furnace with high dynamics control. Chernyye metally [Ferrous materials], 1998, no. 2, pp. 16–24.

21. New Converter-Fed Power Source to Increase the Dynamic Performance of the Three-Phase Electric Arc Furnace / A. Wolf, M. Thamodharan. ETEP, vol. 10, no. 6, Novem-ber/December 2000, pp. 347–352.

22. Telnyy S.I. About the theory of a three-phase arc furnace with a non-conducting bottom. Elektrichestvo [Electricity], 1954, no. 12, pp. 38–42. (In Russian)

23. Kornilov G.P., Nikolayev A.A., Khramshin T.R., Vakhitov T.Yu., Yakimov I.A. Details of modeling the electric arc furnace as a complex electrical. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. No-sova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Uni-versity], 2013, no. 1, pp. 76–82.

24. Kornilov G.P., Nikolayev A.A., Yakimov I.A. Regulation of voltage of ultra-high power electric arc furnaces. Electrical engineering. Energetika: sb. nauch. trudov VII mezhdunar. nauch. konf. molodykh uchenykh [Electrical engineering. Electrotechnology. Power engineering: Papers of VII Inter-national. Sci. Conf. Young scientists]. Novosibirsk, Novosi-birsk State Technical University, 2015, pp. 66–69.